Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It just gets to me some times!!!

Started by mike7156, December 08, 2006, 11:21:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mike7156

I'm sitting here reading some of the post on MMQB and all the garbage about not being a real hog fan. I have to think of they guys and gals that are over seas defending our country. They would have done just about anything to have been able to go to a game this year. Many of them were up at 2am to watch part of the game on TV then have to be at work at 5am and not know the out come till they got back in off patrol that night or the next couple of days. These same people are asking their families the same questions that are being asked on here about the team, the coaches and players. Yet for asking these questions they would be called an untrue fan. I like many of you on this forum have been where these current hog fans find them selves, and it does get to me that  certain people think they are more of a fan than me or others, just because they don't ask the questions that may or may not need to be answered.
I am writing this on this forum because I know that you will understand where I am coming from. I know  for a fact that there a great deal of Arkansas Razorback fans in the military that are in harms way everyday. And that these same fans do what ever they can to catch a glimpse of a game or the score whenever they can. I have a son, brother-in-law, and cousin all three in Iraq, when ever we talk of course we do the niceties but they all three want to know what is the news on the hog front.  I Try to let them know as much as possible but there is never enough time. They were never any prouder than when we beat Auburn and Alabama this year, see the other half of their unit is from Alabama, and that gave them the leg up on bragging rights. My son and Brother-in-law are crew members on blackhawk helicopters and every chance they get my son has an Arkansas and a Razorback flag that they fly off the side of his bird when they takeoff or land, Showing their Arkansas pride. He has had nothing but good comments from other solders about it and how cool it is that he does it, and that is from other countries solders  as well.
I just wanted to let off a little steam and thought you my fellow hog vets wouldn't mind my ranting and what not.
True Heroes wear the uniform that serves this country proudly.

HogasaurusRex

December 08, 2006, 11:39:34 am #1 Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 11:41:45 am by HogasaurusRex
  I know exactly how you feel.  I remember sitting alone watching the Stoernover against Tennessee.  I felt like the only Hog fan in the world, watching it crumble 2,000 miles from home.  It can be a lonely feeling when you don't have anyone to express your displeasure with.  A lot of people can't even FATHOM what it is that you go through on a day to day basis.  They've never seen an IED or had to sleep in a mortor bunker.
  I think I can help you w/your concern over being called out on your Hog fandom.  ANYONE that says your not a Hog fan because your opinion is not the same as there's is a f*cking idiot, plain and simple.  They are like that one NCO that you have that BARELY passed PLDC and now has the big head, the one that the other NCOs hate.  You know the guy that has 1/2 the knowledge you do, and is totally chewed up, but tries to show he's better than you.  Even if you are an NCO now, you know that guy and probably work with him! You should have the same amount of respect for these posters, as you do for that guy! 

Whatever you do, do not let Hogville get you down.  There are good and bad parts to our Hogville, just like our military.   Always remember this: AS LONG AS THERE IS ONE SOLIDER SERVING THAT IS A HOG FAN YOU HAVE A PLACE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. 

Stay Safe, these Hogs will be here and when you get home, & it'll almost be football season!

deserthawg

I feel ya. Thanks to hogville, I can stay informed on everything from games to the latest news and gossip on the Hogs on my down time over here. Before I got deployed, I was planning on being at the USC, TENN, and LSU games. I think I speak for most deployed Hog fans win I say, the Hogs really made us proud this year. Im deployed with a good friend thats a SC fan and he talked so much about how they would beat us this year and now I have bragging rights for a whole year.Its the simple things like that that makes us happy. Yea, the season could have been alot better, but we're happys as heck just being able to watch a whole game.