Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blackhawk down in Iraq!!!

Started by mike7156, January 21, 2007, 10:13:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mike7156

The Blackhawk that is down in Iraq is be reported as from the Arkansas National Guard. I don't have any details at this time and will post more as I learn. It is suppose to be from my son's unit. Pleases keep all these Young men and women in your prayers.
True Heroes wear the uniform that serves this country proudly.

mike7156

4 Crewmembers from the 1/131 Aviation unit 36th CAB from Camp Robinson Arkansas Confirmed to be on the Aircraft. I know the Names of two of these young men, but can not release this information just yet. I know that there are three young children, and two wives that need your prayers at this time. I have not learned any details as to what happened.

27 SERVICE MEN KIA THIS WEEKEND. please remember their families and all the men and women in the military in your prayers.

mike7156

I don't know what else to say. I have been in contact with them in Iraq and They are hot, as they should be. the rules changed before they got there and it is not right. I can't get into it but things are not going to be the same. they want for a better word revenge. I know this is not right,but I don't blame them. You other vets know what I'm talking about. I want revenge. This hits to close to home for me. I had a couple of bad days, but these soldiers families are having much worse and it really ticks me off. I just listened to a presidential candidate slam the president for his policy when I know that my son doesn't question one bit his need to be there. Just before he left for Iraq I looked into getting back into the Guard,he looked me in the eye and said" don't worry old man I got this one". I stopped trying to go then. I wish he didn't have to be there, but I understand that he believes that he knows why he is there, and that is good enough for me.

HOGMINI

Your son is a true American Hero, as are all service men and women past and present.  I pray that your son and all the other service men and women over there can get their job done and come back home to a country that supports them for their efforts.  It is people like your son and veterans like my father that make me proud to be from this great country of ours.

bigyellowdog

bigghurtt

I personally assisted in the security and recovery of that craft and it was my understanding throughout that it was texas national guard.

razorback4ever

Quote from: mike7156 on January 21, 2007, 10:13:34 am
The Blackhawk that is down in Iraq is be reported as from the Arkansas National Guard. I don't have any details at this time and will post more as I learn. It is suppose to be from my son's unit. Pleases keep all these Young men and women in your prayers.

God be with you, and our prayers for your son.

mike7156

Quote from: bigghurtt on January 26, 2007, 05:08:54 pm
I personally assisted in the security and recovery of that craft and it was my understanding throughout that it was Texas national guard.

The 36Th cab is Texas. One of the crew members was Cpt lyerly from Texas copilot. The other 3 crew members were from the 1/131 C Co formerly 1/185 Camp Robinson. Maj. Mike Taylor Company  Commander/pilot First Sgt Tom Warner both of North Little rock, and Sfc John G brown Little rock/ Nashville Arkansas. I know that this Battalion is confusing. It is made up from 44 states and is the largest Combat Aviation unit ever sent into combat and is entirely National Guard. The 1/131 is commanded by Alabama.  I do have the entire list of WHO was on the aircraft. 10 national Guard 2 regular army, and most top NCOs and Officers.

BlackKnightHogFan

Quote from: mike7156 on January 21, 2007, 10:13:34 am

I recruited Mike Taylor to West Point.  I wish his family and all that have been left behind well.
Upon the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that upon other fields; on other days, will bear the fruits of victory.  -Douglas MacArthur

Member #:  9524