Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chandler Morris

Started by 3Scoreand10, February 04, 2018, 07:29:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Justifiable Hogicide

It's going to be tough/stressful on Coach Morris to have his whole family living in Texas while he is alone in Fayetteville trying to live and coach an SEC football team. It may even be a recruiting issue used by our opponents too.
Hopefully his son has a great season in Dallas and then the Morris family makes Arkansas their home.

RME

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 03:13:09 pm
It's not on the kid. His father should insist that he and his mom move to NWA after his school year in Texas ends in May or June.

You've gotta be some kinda prick to think you can tell another (and much more successful) man how to handle his family's affairs.

GuvHog

Quote from: thebignasty on February 05, 2018, 03:12:09 pm
Nope, it isn't.

As much as you believe you have a say in how other people ought to manage their family life,  you do not, and your internet proselytizing is pathetic.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I appreciate the way I was raised.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Busta_Nutt

It's not on the kid. His father should insist that he and his mom move to NWA after his school year in Texas ends in May or June.

Why does it matter?

thebignasty

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 05, 2018, 03:16:05 pm
You've gotta be some kinda prick to think you can tell another (and much more successful) man how to handle his family's affairs.

His parents must have just not raised him right.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

steveaustin69

Thanks for the input, Dr. Phil.

GuvHog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 05, 2018, 03:16:05 pm

Moving his family with him to NWA shows his total commitment to the U of A. Leaving his son and wife in Texas tells me that his heart is not in being at the U of A and that as soon as a good D1 job offer comes from a University in Texas, he's gone. It's no secret that he preferred the A&M job over the Arkansas job. He has my support as Hog head coach but his still owning a house in Texas with his son and wife still living there makes me wonder how long he'll stay put at Arkansas.

RME

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 03:24:09 pm
Moving his family with him to NWA shows his total commitment to the U of A. Leaving his son and wife in Texas tells me that his heart is not in being at the U of A and that as soon as a good D1 job offer comes from a University in Texas, he's gone. It's no secret that he preferred the A&M job over the Arkansas job. He has my support as Hog head coach but his still owning a house in Texas with his son and wife still living there makes me wonder how long he'll stay put at Arkansas.

Cool.

He's committed to his family first and foremost. What a terrible guy.

I don't blame him.

NoogaHog

Again, that may be true, but why is it your business? He is the coach at Arkansas until he isn't. That's it.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

GuvHog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 05, 2018, 03:25:17 pm
Cool.

He's committed to his family first and foremost. What a terrible guy.

I don't blame him.

His family is his business. My concern is his committment to the U of A and leaving his family in Texas doesn't exactly show a solid committment to the U of A.

steveaustin69

Spending your days huffing and puffing on the internet about another man's family business sure is something.

GuvHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 05, 2018, 03:26:26 pm
Again, that may be true, but why is it your business? He is the coach at Arkansas until he isn't. That's it.

I'm a long time Hog fan and what's best for the U of A football program is what matters to me.

I want a head coach that WANTS to be at the U of A and it's THE job that he wants. I hope I'm wrong and Chad Morris is much more committed to the U of A than I think he is.

GuvHog

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 05, 2018, 03:37:11 pm
Spending your days huffing and puffing on the internet about another man's family business sure is something.

Hey, I didn't start this thread. The OP asked a question and I gave my opinion. If you don't like the discussion then crawl his backside for starting it.

steveaustin69

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 03:42:07 pm
I'm a long time Hog fan and what's best for the U of A football program is what matters to me.

I want a head coach that WANTS to be at the U of A and it's THE job that he wants. I hope I'm wrong and Chad Morris is much more committed to the U of A than I think he is.

You usually are.

AirWarren

How stupid. Especially coming from you.

Let this kid soak in Texas before he moves to the Midwest. His life is in Texas right now. Not up there.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 03:10:25 pm
Make snide remarks all you want but my point is a valid one.

No it isn't, it's a dumb point, and one you are making based on very limited information about the personal lives of the coach and his family.  You aren't privy to their reasons for handling things this way and as long as he is doing his job it has nothing to do with you or any of us as fans.  It's a five hour drive or an hour twenty by plane, less if you are going on a private jet. The kid is a presumptive QB starter at a prestigious program.  I assume he has worked hard to get to that position, and I don't blame his dad for not making him start over somewhere else.

racinghog

Guv with the way Coach Morris has work his butt off I have to say he is committed. He has caused me to back up and rethink and I am not thrilled with the hire. I just hope he told the powers to be that his family wasn't moving with him during the interview process.

GuvHog

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 05, 2018, 03:46:10 pm
You usually are.

In this case, I want BADLY to be wrong because in Coach Morris, I think the U of A may have just found it's "Diamond in the Rough" and I'd sure like for them to keep him for quite some time.

AirWarren

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on February 05, 2018, 03:50:34 pm
No it isn't, it's a dumb point, and one you are making based on very limited information about the personal lives of the coach and his family.  You aren't privy to their reasons for handling things this way and as long as he is doing his job it has nothing to do with you or any of us as fans.  It's a five hour drive or an hour twenty by plane, less if you are going on a private jet. The kid is a presumptive QB starter at a prestigious program.  I assume he has worked hard to get to that position, and I don't blame his dad for not making him start over somewhere else.

Guv's viewpoints prove what's wrong with Jefferson county.

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 03:51:45 pm
In this case, I want BADLY to be wrong because in Coach Morris, I think the U of A may have just found it's "Diamond in the Rough" and I'd sure like for them to keep him for quite some time.

What Texas job that is a homerun are you expecting to come open that will send Morris back to Texas?

Herman has Texas Locked up.
Jimbo is starting fresh at TAMU.
Houston is nowhere near the job as Arkansas.
TTU has Kingsbury.
Baylor? Might as well seal his death fate.

Busta_Nutt

Hey, Guv, let me break it down for you in its most simplistic form. If he didn't want the job, he wouldn't have taken the job. I know you don't do it often, but lets not work the brain too hard on this Monday.

NoogaHog

Guv has gotten himself into an interesting quandary. He is a "long time hog fan" who is going to find himself rooting for aTm to be successful so they will keep Jimbo. Poor fella is going to lay awake nights if aTm gets that 3rd loss in season 3.

If aTm does come to call CCM back home, that means we were successful and in a better circumstance than we are now. And with a good situation in which to bring another good coach.

Nashville Fan

Highland Park is one of the better public schools in the country. Most private schools in Dallas are not as good. AR schools don't compare. People buy condos in HP area to send their kids there. Since it is a public school it is cheaper to buy a house than to pay Private School tuition.
Pittman or Bust!

GuvHog

Quote from: AP85 on February 05, 2018, 03:53:23 pm
What Texas job that is a homerun are you expecting to come open that will send Morris back to Texas?

Let's just say that I don't like playing second fiddle to Texas A&M when it comes to hiring head coaches. It's very well known that if they had offered, he wouldn't be at the U of A right now. Like I said, I BADLY hope I'm reading the Tea Leaves wrong. I've heard and seen enough to believe that guy can flat out coach football.

RME

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 03:58:09 pm
Let's just say that I don't like playing second fiddle to Texas A&M when it comes to hiring head coaches. It's very well known that if they had offered, he wouldn't be at the U of A right now. Like I said, I BADLY hope I'm reading the Tea Leaves wrong.

Link? Source?

GuvHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 05, 2018, 03:54:38 pm
Guv has gotten himself into an interesting quandary. He is a "long time hog fan" who is going to find himself rooting for aTm to be successful so they will keep Jimbo. Poor fella is going to lay awake nights if aTm gets that 3rd loss in season 3.

If aTm does come to call CCM back home, that means we were successful and in a better circumstance than we are now. And with a good situation in which to bring another good coach.

I don't want A&M being too successful, just successful enough to where they leave coach Morris alone.   ;D ;D

GuvHog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 05, 2018, 03:58:56 pm
Link? Source?

Be serious. It was talked about on here quite a bit the week he was hired. His daughter is a student there.

RME

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 04:03:26 pm
Be serious. It was talked about on here quite a bit the week he was hired. His daughter is a student there.

It was talked about on here? That's your proof? Lol. Yikes. Forgot that Hogville was Gospel.

Yeah, and his son is a student in Texas. Did he stay there?

Doesn't Gundy have a kid at U of A?

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 03:58:09 pm
Let's just say that I don't like playing second fiddle to Texas A&M when it comes to hiring head coaches. It's very well known that if they had offered, he wouldn't be at the U of A right now. Like I said, I BADLY hope I'm reading the Tea Leaves wrong. I've heard and seen enough to believe that guy can flat out coach football.

Let me guess, you saw it on Facebook??

One of Gundy's kids attends UA don't they? Doesn't mean he came running to Arkansas.

Cinco de Hogo

If I were in Chandlers shoes I would be doing exactly what he is doing because on the reverse if I were in Chandlers shoes but doing it in Arkansas I would be doing exactly what he is doing.  I know because I had the chance to change schools and didn't.

AirWarren

theFlyingHog

Quote from: LZH on February 05, 2018, 12:10:13 pm
If he were my son, I'd make him gain 40 lbs and play him at FB....
If he were my son he'd need to lose 40 to play fullback

GuvHog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 05, 2018, 04:05:01 pm
It was talked about on here? That's your proof? Lol. Yikes. Forgot that Hogville was Gospel.

Yeah, and his son is a student in Texas. Did he stay there?

He also applied for the A&M job first and did not really come after the U of A job until after A&M had made their hire. I can't say as I blame him for preferring that job. He would have been close to his daughter.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 04:03:26 pm

It was talked about...HERE? on HOGVILLE?? ahhahha hahahahah hahahahhahahahahahahhhahhahah. It's only 4pm Guv...

GuvHog

Quote from: AP85 on February 05, 2018, 04:05:42 pm
Let me guess, you saw it on Facebook??

One of Gundy’s kids attends UA don’t they? Doesn’t mean he came running to Arkansas.

Was Gundy ever offered the U of A job??

TexHog188

The Morris family is more than capable of deciding what is right and what works best for their family.  Coaching is a tough business and moving every few years takes a toll on those families.  As a military veteran, who moved a lot, I can relate on that level as I went to 4 different HS in four years.  It sucks to move all the time.  We should stay completely out of their personal lives and for damn sure not be involving their kids in our BS discussions about where they go to school.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 05, 2018, 04:06:02 pm
If I were in Chandlers shoes I would be doing exactly what he is doing because on the reverse if I were in Chandlers shoes but doing it in Arkansas I would be doing exactly what he is doing.  I know because I had the chance to change schools and didn't because I was stuffed in a locker.

FIFY

logic

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on February 04, 2018, 07:29:59 pm
Curious to know if Coach Morris' son Chandler will continue to play at Highland Park or transfer to an Arkansas school?
I don't know.  However, if he is good enough to play college football, he should go to a college where he can play; not warm the bench.  Unless he is good enough to eventually start at the UofA, he shouldn't attend the UofA just because his father is the head coach.

steveaustin69

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 04:08:54 pm
He also applied for the A&M job first and did not really come after the U of A job until after A&M had made their hire. I can't say as I blame him for preferring that job. He would have been close to his daughter.

1. You have no proof or source
2. This isn't a burger flipping job we're talking about; you don't "apply"
3. Your brain is small

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 04:11:00 pm
Was Gundy ever offered the U of A job??

According to your lead source, Hogville, he was. "It was talked about a ton on here" that he was a leading candidate during the petrino firing ans Bielema firing. Per hogville of course.

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 04:08:54 pm

Please. Show me proof he was in the running for TAMU.

GuvHog

Quote from: TexHog188 on February 05, 2018, 04:11:53 pm
The Morris family is more than capable of deciding what is right and what works best for their family.  Coaching is a tough business and moving every few years takes a toll on those families.  As a military veteran, who moved a lot, I can relate on that level as I went to 4 different HS in four years.  It sucks to move all the time.  We should stay completely out of their personal lives and for damn sure not be involving their kids in our BS discussions about where they go to school.

I know what you mean about moving a lot. My dad was a Minister.

In January of 1971 we moved from Pine Bluff to Mountain Pine (Garland County)
In November of 1971 we moved from Mountain Pine to just outside of Blytheville, Arkansas.
In February of 1972 we moved from Blytheville back to Mountain Pine.
In November of 1972 we moved from Mountain Pine to Paragould, Arkansas were I graduated from GCT in May of 1975.

It darn near drove me nuts!

Inhogswetrust

My son spends much more time in his Taiwan office than his San Jose office where they live. He has two very young girls 7 and 2. Based on your post you must think he's a bad father and yours was better. I'd put up ANY amount of money to prove he's as good if not better. Especially since he doesn't try to brainwash them by making sure he's there to preach to them every day. Telling others HOW they should raise their kids is NOT cool.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SoonerBaHog

If he was my kid he would stay and play out his senior season.  Why would family deny him that once in a lifetime opportunity?

NoogaHog

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 04:23:48 pm
I know what you mean about moving a lot. My dad was a Minister.

In January of 1971 we moved from Pine Bluff to Mountain Pine (Garland County)
In November of 1971 we moved from Mountain Pine to just outside of Blytheville, Arkansas.
In February of 1972 we moved from Blytheville back to Mountain Pine.
In November of 1972 we moved to Paragould, Arkansas were I graduated from GCT in May of 1975.

It darn near drove me nutts!

Well, there you go. They just moved back home 3 years ago after spending several years in SC. Maybe the wife wants the kid to stay put for a while and have a home town. But that is none of my concern.

logic

In your mind.

AirWarren

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 05, 2018, 04:26:47 pm
My son spends much more time in his Taiwan office than his San Jose office where they live. He has two very young girls 7 and 2. Based on your post you must think he's a bad father and yours was better. I'd put up ANY amount of money to prove he's as good if not better. Especially since he doesn't try to brainwash them by making sure he's there to preach to them every day. Telling others HOW they should raise their kids is NOT cool.

I alway love a holier than thou athiest.

GuvHog

Quote from: AP85 on February 05, 2018, 04:23:31 pm
Please. Show me proof he was in the running for TAMU.

I didn't say he was in the running, I said he applied for it. He was never seriously considered (Thank Goodness!!).

GuvHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 05, 2018, 04:27:31 pm
Well, there you go. They just moved back home 3 years ago after spending several years in SC. Maybe the wife wants the kid to stay put for a while and have a home town. But that is none of my concern.

Come to think of it after I posted about us moving as much as we did, I see your point.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 05, 2018, 04:26:47 pm
My son spends much more time in his Taiwan office than his San Jose office where they live. He has two very young girls 7 and 2. Based on your post you must think he’s a bad father and yours was better. I’d put up ANY amount of money to prove he’s as good if not better. Especially since he doesn’t try to brainwash them by making sure he’s there to preach to them every day. Telling others HOW they should raise their kids is NOT cool.

No, I'm sure he flies home to spend as much time with them as possible. Consider yourself lucky on being a proud dad and Grandpa, that's something I'll never have the privilege of doing.