Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Listening to Bo's show. could this be true?

Started by forrest city joe, November 10, 2017, 03:46:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

A caller called in and said he had heard a rumor that if the Hogs get blown out by Lsu,coach B could be fired on Sunday.he ask Bo had he heard anything about that.and i was shocked to hear Bo say that he will not rule out anything.he said he does not like to deal in rumors.but he did not rule this out. will coach B be fired if the Hogs get blown out against LSU.and who would be the  interim coach for the last 2 games?will it be Rhodes or Enos?

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 10, 2017, 03:46:58 pm
A caller called in and said he had heard a rumor that if the Hogs get blown out by Lsu,coach B could be fired on Sunday.he ask Bo had he heard anything about that.and i was shocked to hear Bo say that he will not rule out anything.he said he does not like to deal in rumors.but he did not rule this out. will coach B be fired if the Hogs get blown out against LSU.and who would be the  interim coach for the last 2 games?will it be Rhodes or Enos?

I wouldn't rule it out either. Toss-up on interim coach.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

LZH

I am not a big fan of firing a coach before the end of the season. But, if that were to happen, it means we already have our next man.

ricepig

Same thing was said earlier on Wess Moore's show, according to earlier reports.

forrest city joe

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 10, 2017, 03:49:02 pm
not likely
What if the Hogs lose 45 to 10 or 50 to 7,yet again? you still say no chance? or not matter what, he is here until after Mizzo?

RexMentor

If true, I think maybe the BOT message was delivered to Mr. Long. Hear he's going to be in Baton Rouge Saturday.

Grizzlyfan

I'll say again, I don't think you can overstate the impact that the early signing period will have in deciding whether or not to fire a coach.

Hoggish1

Tusks

Im trying to get it going where we fire him after LSU and then have a player appreciation game with MSU.  That way fans can pack the stadium and not worry about BB.  Just have everyone show up and show the team that the fans are behind them knowing a new guy will coach them next year.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

forrest city joe

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 03:53:53 pm
Same thing was said earlier on Wess Moore's show, according to earlier reports.
O did not hear Wess show today.but i always thought that nothing would happen until after Mizzo.not that i agree with that.because if i had any say he would have been gone after Auburn last year.that 56 to 3,disgrace should have been the end.this has got to end.

hawgon

I don't know, but if the events of the last few days mean what a lot of us think they do, then yeah, I can absolutely see that happening.  The main reason we wouldn't go ahead and fire him was apparently completely on Long.  If Long is more or less out of the picture, then others are in control and they will probably want to pull the trigger.  We gain nothing by waiting. 

Henry Kissinger once said something to the effect of, "What must be done inevitably, should be done immediately."

zuko

John L Smith. Who else?

Hog Pharm

What's the point of firing him before the season's over?

OnYourToes

"he will not rule out anything, he said he does not like to deal in rumors.but he did not rule this out"

Classic radio personality stance on this issue.  He is going to make sure he gains listeners to his show, podcast, and increases the popularity of the overall radio network.
He is not going to discount anything at this point.  More talk is what he is after. . . he is a radio TALK show host after all.

FWIW, I do not discredit him for this stance either. 

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

bjeffersonhog

Unless they are planning on hiring a coach that is currently unemployed,  you gain nothing by firing the coach during the season.

factchecker

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 03:57:17 pm
Im trying to get it going where we fire him after LSU and then have a player appreciation game with MSU.  That way fans can pack the stadium and not worry about BB.  Just have everyone show up and show the team that the fans are behind them knowing a new guy will coach them next year.

That's actually a pretty good idea.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawgon

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on November 10, 2017, 04:01:33 pm
Unless they are planning on hiring a coach that is currently unemployed,  you gain nothing by firing the coach during the season.

You all of this crap behind you two weeks quicker.  You get more time to try and limit the recruiting damage.  And you don't have people protesting the coach by staying away from the game.

hogsolutely

Does not Seem like this regimes M.O. to fire a coach during the season even if 2 game left. 

Tusks

HogPharmer

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on November 10, 2017, 04:01:33 pm

.....Les Miles
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

hawgon

Quote from: hogsolutely on November 10, 2017, 04:06:03 pm
Does not Seem like this regimes M.O. to fire a coach during the season even if 2 game left.

What part of there has been a change in regimes already do you find difficult to understand?

PorkSoda

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 10, 2017, 03:54:15 pm
What if the Hogs lose 45 to 10 or 50 to 7,yet again? you still say no chance? or not matter what, he is here until after Mizzo?
doesn't matter, wont change anything.  he is gone, Long will let him finish the season, because there is no reason not to.  than we will hire a coach between the last game and signing day.

the only reason Long would fire him mid season would be for a fire-able offense like the Petrino situation.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

The Hawg Marshal

I could see it happening if the LSU game is really bad.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 10, 2017, 04:08:24 pm
doesn't matter, wont change anything.  he is gone, Long will let him finish the season, because there is no reason not to.  than we will hire a coach between the last game and signing day.

the only reason Long would fire him mid season would be for a fire-able offense like the Petrino situation.
I think it is out of Long's hands now.

kibster

You were that caller weren't you...
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Seebs

I have a hard time understanding what is considered a blowout any more. We tend to lose by 30 - so more than 30?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Tusks

Then how about the question, what would attendance be for MSU with or without BB?

I'd say 30K with him, 70K w/out him.

PorkSoda

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 10, 2017, 04:09:22 pm
I think it is out of Long's hands now.
lol, that's not how it works. 

regardless, CBB will be gone at the end of the season, and we will have a new coach next year.  Long will still be here.

the only think left is to wait, and watch the last few games of the year.

Mike_e

The only reason to fire him early at this point is to give the OC and/or DC a chance to show their stuff.

If it's Enos then we'd see him with the gloves off.  If it's Rhodes then we'd see a firebrand on the sidelines and what the kids could do with some enthusiasm.

Either way it lets the guys get an on the field interview which they are owed, and also (hopefully) keeps another johnelle moment from happening where everybody just gives up.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

phadedhawg

It seems like the urgency to see Bert fired yesterday is rooted in the fear that he won't be fired. 

I think he's a dead man walking, I have no fear that he will be gone after the season is over.

We just have to endure 3 more games of BertBall

thebignasty

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 04:16:57 pm
Then how about the question, what would attendance be for MSU with or without BB?

I'd say 30K with him, 70K w/out him.

70k arent showing up to watch Nick Fitzgerald run all over us just because we have an interim coach.

I highly doubt firing right now has any impact on attendance.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 10, 2017, 04:17:07 pm
lol, that's not how it works. 

regardless, CBB will be gone at the end of the season, and we will have a new coach next year.  Long will still be here.

the only think left is to wait, and watch the last few games of the year.
You may be right. We'll see though.

thebignasty

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 10, 2017, 04:18:24 pm
It seems like the urgency to see Bert fired yesterday is rooted in the fear that he won't be fired. 

I think he's a dead man walking, I have no fear that he will be gone after the season is over.

We just have to endure 3 more games of BertBall

Its this.  Afraid he somehow manages to rally the troops and win a couple and save himself.

But they win

jkstock04

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 10, 2017, 03:58:45 pm
O did not hear Wess show today.but i always thought that nothing would happen until after Mizzo.not that i agree with that.because if i had any say he would have been gone after Auburn last year.that 56 to 3,disgrace should have been the end.this has got to end.
That's my thinking. If it was going to happen why wait this long? Auburn would've been the time to do that. We are basically now at the very end of the year...2 more games after LSU may as well finish it out.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkSoda

Quote from: thebignasty on November 10, 2017, 04:19:18 pm
Its this.  Afraid he somehow manages to rally the troops and win a couple and save himself.

I would love it if he did, I doubt it would save his job though.

would be nice to kick LSU in the balls and come home with that boot.

thebignasty

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 10, 2017, 04:21:52 pm

I dont think he can save himself either, but I understand being afraid that we will be subjected to another year of bert ball.

But they win

grayhawg

I think Bielema is gone and I think he knows it, and it wouldn't suprise me if we already have his replacement hired just waiting for the season to end.

ricepig

Quote from: thebignasty on November 10, 2017, 04:23:18 pm
I dont think he can save himself either, but I understand being afraid that we will be subjected to another year of bert ball.

I don't now see him being here if he wins out.

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: hawgon on November 10, 2017, 04:03:22 pm
You all of this crap behind you two weeks quicker.  You get more time to try and limit the recruiting damage.  And you don't have people protesting the coach by staying away from the game.
Quote from: hawgon on November 10, 2017, 04:03:22 pm
you pay a bigger buyout (granted not much)recruits still have no idea who the coach is because no current coach will say publicly they are coming until their season is over, and other schools will try and get your best recruits on official visits while they still have games left.  I want him gone but be patient. After almost 6 years 2 weeks is nothing.

HiggiePiggy

I think he is here until the end of the season no matter what happens. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

factchecker

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 10, 2017, 04:21:52 pm

I want to beat LSU worse than anyone left on our schedule but I think if we win it makes it worse for Bielema.

1.  You barely beat a bottom tier sunbelt team but you turn around and beat LSU?  That's not a good thing.

2. Bielema has become increasingly chippy with the media lately.  We win and you better believe that Bielema is going to have some hot takes.  He might pull out his cellphone and have Toby Keith "How do you like me now?' blaring when he walks into the press conference.

I'm just ready for it to be over.  I would love to have one coach dismissal/firing/departure to be free of drama.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

texas tush hog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 10, 2017, 04:36:35 pm
I think he is here until the end of the season no matter what happens. 

I agree, as it should be.

moses_007

Joe, don't believe anyone who says "I have heard.........." 

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 10, 2017, 03:56:19 pm
I'll say again, I don't think you can overstate the impact that the early signing period will have in deciding whether or not to fire a coach.
You mean the #57 ranked class with 11 commits - 5 being from Arkansas with Bumper Pool having family ties to the University.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Seebs on November 10, 2017, 04:11:06 pm
I have a hard time understanding what is considered a blowout any more. We tend to lose by 30 - so more than 30?

This is both a good question and one of the saddest questions about Razorback football currently I have seen.

007 License To Squeal

I seriously doubt Long would pull the trigger before the end of the season....although I think the decision has already been made.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RexMentor on November 10, 2017, 03:56:09 pm
If true, I think maybe the BOT message was delivered to Mr. Long. Hear he's going to be in Baton Rouge Saturday.

He's auditioning too...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hobhog

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 03:57:17 pm

Wow. So you really think the only reason people didn't go to last game was the coach? And people will pack the MSU game if he's fired?