Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game One at Miss State

Started by flippinhogmana, April 22, 2017, 07:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

For those of you who dont have either SEC tv or Espnwatchapp, I will do a pbp today.
Line up for the hogs has been shifted around
Autumn Russell leads off
Loren Kryzsko hits second
Tori Cooper bats third
AJ Belans in the cleanup spot
Nicole Schroeder has been moved back up to the fifth spot
Shelby Hiers has been moved down to sixth in the lineup
Ashley Diaz has been moved to seventh
Madison hits eighth
Parker Pockington is in the lineup at ninth
Autumn Storms is on the mound
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Russell grounds out
Kryzzsko walks
Cooper grounds out, runner on first, two down
Belans singles
Nicole Schroeder works a 3-1 count, and then walks, bases loaded, two down for
Shelby Hiers who falls behind 0-1, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, full count, then flies out to cf.  Hogs leave 3.  not score to the bottom of the 1st.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

hawg1221

I have both and I can't find it.

hawg1221

flippinhogmana

this is not thier best pitcher.  This one has a 7-3 record.  I hope missing a big chance there isnt a killer.
1st batter gets ahead 1-0, then 1-1, now 1-2, 2-2, then grounds out to 3rd base, one down
2nd batter grounds out to 3rd base, two down
3rd batter gets ahead 2-0, 2-1, 2-2, and strikes out swinging.  Storms has been striking out more batters of late.
to the top of the second, no score, one hit by AJ Belans

flippinhogmana

Glad you found it!
Ashley Diaz leads off, gets ahead 1-0, 1-1, falls behind at 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, then strikes out, one down
Madison Yanetti, singles to center, one on one out for Parker Pocklington
Parker gets behind 0-1, then evens it at 1-1, goes up 2-1, 2-2, strikes out looking, two down, runner on first
Russell gets behind 0-1, infield single, two one, two down for Cooper
Kryzsko also gets behind 0-1, now 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, full count, then strikes out swinging, hogs with three hits, and five left on, with nothing to show for it to the bottom of the second, 0-0

flippinhogmana

1st batter the number four hitter works a 1-1 count, doubles to lf, one on second, nobody out,
2nd batter works a 1-1 count, 2-1, 2-2, grounds to 2nd, runner to third, one down
3rd batter gets ahead 1-0, grounds out to ss but drives in the runner, 1-0 bulldogs despite having only one base runner.
4th batter falls behind 0-1, 0-2, then flies out to left field, dogs up 1-0 to the top of the 3rd

flippinhogmana

Tori Cooper up, bunts her way on, finally the leadoff batter on,
Belans reaches on an error by the 1st baseman, two on nobody out (1st and 2nd)
Nicole gets ahead 2-0, 2-1, lines into a double play to the 1st baseman, two down, one on second
Hiers, grounds out to 3rd.  to the bottom of the 3rd

flippinhogmana

1st batter grounds out to Belans on the first pitch
2nd batter falls behind 0-1, 0-2, and strikes out swinging, two down
3rd batter (back to the top of the order) gets ahead 1-0, then 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, gets an infield single, one on
4th batter gets ahead 1-0, doesnt get to hit, as the runner is cut down trying to steal.  To the top of the 4th, hogs down 1-0 with the bottom of the order coming up

flippinhogmana

Diaz leads off, falls behind 0-1, 1-1, and flies out to lf, one down
Yani up, singled last time up, gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 and walks
Parker Pocklington flies out to rf, two down runner on first for the top of the order
Russel falls behind 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, and fouls out to 1b.  Hogs have left seven runners on base, dogs, zero (only had two, one scored, the other caught stealing, 1-0 dogs to the bottom of the 4th.

flippinhogmana

1st batter (number two hitter) falls behind 0-1, 1-1, 2-1, and homers, 2-0 dogs
2nd batter grounds out to Belans on her first pitch, one down
3rd batter (doubled last time and scored the first run) falls behind 0-1, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, grounds to ss
4th batter gets behind 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, grounds out to 3rd.  One run on the homer, dogs by two (2-0) to the top of the fifth.

flippinhogmana

Hogs need to come alive here
Krzysko leads it off, gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 2-2, leads off with an infield single to 3B, only the second time today the hogs have gotten their leadoff hitter on.
Cooper grounds out, runner on first, one down,
Belans works 1-1 count, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, doubles to right, runners on 2nd and 3rd for Nicole, one down
Nicole gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, and is walked.  With fist base open they werent going to pitch to her.
Hiers up with the bases loaded and a chance to redeem herself, but the dogs bring in their best pitcher, Silkwood, a lefty. she will inherit the bases loaded with one down
Hiers gets ahead 1-0, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, strikes out swinging, two down
Diaz up, gets ahead 1-0, and then grounds out, hogs have now left ten runners on base. 2-0 dogs

Iwastherein1969

I've been watching some Arkansas softball lately and these girls haven't a clue what the strike zone is...they are out-manned (no pun intended) in the vast majority of their SEC games but not by that much....we could win more games if we would learn the strike zone....and here, just as I'm writing this the infield dropped a bloop fly at second base...the blooper by MSU never got over 20 feet high and our girl just missed it...yes it had spin, still no excuse...we need to get a coach who will start a team of freshmen who and start with the very essentials of how to play the game, bring them along slowly and by the time they are juniors, the girls will have learned how to really play the game and then start winning SEC games....in other words, we need to blow up the current program, start over and do it right with a nuts and bolts type coach....until then, every year will look like this year...win a bunch of non-conference games against nobodies and get your hats handed to you by the other teams in the SEC
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

flippinhogmana

bottom of the fifth, 1st batter gets ahead 1-0, then 1-1, 2-1, then leads off with an infield single
2nd batter falls behind 0-1, then grounds out to ss, hogs get the lead runner, runner at first one down
3rd batter works a 1-1 count, 2-1, 2-2, grounds to ss, and again the hogs get the lead runner, two down
4th batter (last place hitter) gets ahead 1-0, then 1-1, 1-2, grounds to Storms who throws her out.  2-0 dogs

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 22, 2017, 08:35:29 pm
bottom of the fifth, 1st batter gets ahead 1-0, then 1-1, 2-1, then leads off with an infield single
2nd batter falls behind 0-1, then grounds out to ss, hogs get the lead runner, runner at first one down
3rd batter works a 1-1 count, 2-1, 2-2, grounds to ss, and again the hogs get the lead runner, two down
4th batter (last place hitter) gets ahead 1-0, then 1-1, 1-2, grounds to Storms who throws her out.  2-0 dogs
that blooper at second base was ruled a hit ?  you've got to be kidding me
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

flippinhogmana

Yani up (been on base twice, one hit and a walk) flies out on first pitch
PP pinch hit for, Box gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, and flies out, two down, nobody on.
top of the order, Russell (has a bunt single on the day) gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, and grounds out to the pitcher, 2-0 dogs to the bottom of the 6th.

flippinhogmana

1st batter (lead off hitter who is 1-2 on the day) gets ahead 1-0, and singles to left (storms 72 PC)
2nd batter grounds to Storms but the runner advances to 2nd, one down,
3rd place hitter flies out to rf (both hitters swung at first pitches), two down, runner on second
cleanup hitter singles to lf and its now 3-0 dogs, error on the play allows her to go to second
5th place hitter grounds out to belans.  Last chance for the hogs down 3-0 now

flippinhogmana

krzysko leads it off, grounds out to ss on first pitch
cooper gets behind 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, strikes out swinging, two down
belans falls behind 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, and strikes out swinging to end it.

Dogs got the leadoff batter on four times, they had the same number of hits (6) but only left 2.
Hogs got the leadoff batter on twice, left ten.
Storms with another tough loss, although she did give up the hits that beat her, but she didnt get much help.

psycHOGlogist

No clutch hits when we needed them. Argh.

Hiers came up twice with the bases loaded - flied out with two outs, and couldn't even put the ball in play with one out. Gotta have better from a senior leader.

But tomorrow is another day and another game. WPS!

sw403