Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to win a National Championship in College Basketball

Started by Kamkaizen, February 16, 2018, 03:02:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamkaizen

I had some free time this afternoon, so I began watching some of Warmachine's YouTube videos of old Razorbacks basketball games.  While watching highlights from the 1994 season, I noticed something about the team.  The national championship team had guys with nicknames such as "Tank", "Big Dawg", and "Big Nasty".  All of those nicknames suggest that the players had size and an aggressive temperament, which they did.  As I compare with our recent, current, and near future rosters, I don't see any players worthy of nicknames such as those just mentioned.  Perhaps, the key to Mike Anderson winning a national championship would be to tweak the system a bit and recruit some bigger, nastier guys.  Honestly, having big, physical guys is the best way to consistently win on the road and in tournament settings, in my opinion.   

Mr. Porkleone

raz1965

Gafford an Hall could be double nasty if both stayed around awhile.

Breems

Are you trying to say "get you some men"? Because if you are, I will bring you down. I'll bring you down to China Town.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HogMantheIntruder

Think we get whistled enough as it is. The game has changed since '94, and not for the better, IMO.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon