Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 01:55:50 am

Wow

Started by BannerMountainMan, February 15, 2018, 10:44:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BatesvilleHOG

Come March 11th you might see Tennessee-Chattanooga as a 2 seed.

Breems

I didn't pay much attention when this first broke months ago. I remember a lot of hype but no substance. Will this be similar?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

onebadrubi

Quote from: Breems on February 15, 2018, 10:59:30 pm
I didn't pay much attention when this first broke months ago. I remember a lot of hype but no substance. Will this be similar?

As much corruption that is obviously going on and I wanted it outted, I doubt much comes from all of this

WBOBO

Sounds to me like someone that can sleep at night will sleep even better tonight.
Plus 1 to Mikey.  Big Plus 1 in my opinion.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Mjs84

upperdeck_hawg

Well if we were cheating we sucked at it. Im assuming Mike is clean. I hope Calipari and KY get hit hard.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on February 16, 2018, 01:11:08 am
Well if we were cheating we sucked at it. Im assuming Mike is clean. I hope Calipari and KY get hit hard.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Kevin

I hope they nail them all. it is no secret what has been going on for years, and who has been doing it.

bunch of hypocrites
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

GuvHog

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on February 16, 2018, 01:11:08 am

Calipari is already taking it on the chin. UK is 6-7 in conference play having lost 4 in a row. it's a safe bet that the UK faithful are VERY unhappy.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

RacinRazorback

It's pretty funny over on one of the KY forums, they can't wait til coach K and the dookies go down for cheating! They are upset that coach K has gotten better at recruiting 1 and dones  than their own calislimmy who most over there believe to be clean!! If we can pull off the win in BWA next week..............they will set their hair on fire!LOL WPS!

mizzouman

As a Mizzou fan, I have never been happier for Kim Anderson as coach and only winning 8 conference games in the last 3 years.

jst01

Quote from: mizzouman on February 16, 2018, 08:05:03 am
As a Mizzou fan, I have never been happier for Kim Anderson as coach and only winning 8 conference games in the last 3 years.

Well your current coach could get nailed for involvement in this stuff going back several years. I'm not sure any fans should feel real confident their school is clean, including Hog fans. No telling what will come of all this.

mizzouman

Quote from: jst01 on February 16, 2018, 08:11:43 am
Well your current coach could get nailed for involvement in this stuff going back several years. I'm not sure any fans should feel real confident their school is clean, including Hog fans. No telling what will come of all this.
Well, you never know. 

waphill

When this first broke, our local sports radio (KC) interviewed one of Mike's former players at Mizzou. Don't remember his name, but he had played 3 years for MA and one for Haith. He said that Anderson was 100% by the book. Even talked about losing several high profile recruits because of it.

lakecityhog

Guys, we all saw what the NCAA did to "blue-blood" North Carolina for skirting academics for 2 decades, ABSOLUTEY NOTHING!!!

Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State and other "blue-blood" schools will come out of this with a light slap on the wrist. Too many schools involved to hammer them, ESPN might lose money on TV games and we all know that AIN'T  happening!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Breems on February 15, 2018, 10:59:30 pm

The feds are very thorough. They will get their man. The NCAA? Not so much.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Fan701

I hope Bruce Pearl and Auburn fans are enjoying it while it lasts.

Ironhawg

Quote from: lakecityhog on February 16, 2018, 09:11:29 am
Guys, we all saw what the NCAA did to "blue-blood" North Carolina for skirting academics for 2 decades, ABSOLUTEY NOTHING!!!

Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State and other "blue-blood" schools will come out of this with a light slap on the wrist. Too many schools involved to hammer them, ESPN might lose money on TV games and we all know that AIN'T  happening!

This is the truth unfortunately.  This might be the one chance to clean up college basketball and it will go by with barely a ripple.  If nothing else, I hope Bruce Pearl and Auburn get hammered.  He cheated at Tennessee and lied about it then got hired at Auburn where it appears he is right back at it.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: jst01 on February 16, 2018, 08:11:43 am

Anderson is 7 years removed from Mizzou.

FineAsSwine

My "Dirty" list from the SEC:

Kentucky
Auburn
A&M
Ms State

Suspiciously good lately

Vanderbilt
Bama
LSU
Mizzou

If Cheating they need to do it better

Arkansas
South Carolina
Ole Miss
Georgia
Tennessee

Uncategorized
Florida    (gut feeling that if they cheat, Mike White doesn't know about it)

Hogs up! Covid down!

Fan701

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 16, 2018, 09:27:23 am
My "Dirty" list from the SEC:

Kentucky
Auburn
A&M
Ms State

Suspiciously good lately

Vanderbilt
Bama
LSU
Mizzou

If Cheating they need to do it better

Arkansas
South Carolina
Ole Miss
Georgia
Tennessee

Uncategorized
Florida    (gut feeling that if they cheat, Mike White doesn't know about it)

I think you've got it about right, although Alabama should be in the top group.  It's pretty clear that Sexton was paid.  Who knows how many others?

razorpimp

Quote from: mizzouman on February 16, 2018, 08:05:03 am

One word for you.....Cuonzo

hogsanity

If people really want to see college bball cleaned up then they better hope that the FBI basically eradicates AAU ball and all those associated with it. They should also hope the NBA does away with the sham one and done set up they have. Either let players come in right out of HS, or do not let them in until after their hs class has been out for 3 years ( like the nfl ).  those two things would be massively good starts.

If you are waiting for the NCAA to do anything, well I hope you are not holding your breath while you wait. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

raz1965

All cheaters need to be dealt with equally. I believe there is one reason the Hogs lose out so often, yes cheaters.  I believe we saw a good example with a big time player, who seemed to be high on the hogs an Mike but chose a Addias school late in the process. I hope the FBI spooks the NCAA into a hammerdown process.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: raz1965 on February 16, 2018, 09:40:02 am
All cheaters need to be dealt with equally. I believe there is one reason the Hogs lose out so often, yes cheaters.  I believe we saw a good example with a big time player, who seemed to be high on the hogs an Mike but chose a Addias school late in the process. I hope the FBI spooks the NCAA into a hammerdown process.

I hope the FBI indicts the NCAA. Kill the head.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Cambridge Hog

and the meek shall inherit the tournament....

Rawker

Quote from: waphill on February 16, 2018, 08:38:51 am
When this first broke, our local sports radio (KC) interviewed one of Mike's former players at Mizzou. Don't remember his name, but he had played 3 years for MA and one for Haith. He said that Anderson was 100% by the book. Even talked about losing several high profile recruits because of it.

Met the guy in a career-related situation a couple of times.  Met a number of coaches.  Anderson and Tubby Smith BY FAR the most genuine people.  If Arkansas basketball gets brought up in this in any way, it's because a parent or player-support did something weird with one of the crappy big-money boosters behind CMAs back.  Guarantee you Anderson would not involve himself knowingly in nefarious behavior.  As much poop as he takes on here, even though he keeps showing in the end that he statistically wins out in most cases, he's possibly the first person in the entire landscape of coaches that would come to the rescue of anyone on here.  And he's one of the very few coaches that would sit his #1 player for 3 games for a reason only known to him and that player if that player did something disrespectful to the program, the coaches, or himself.  No other coach would dare, if it meant possibly losing the game.  I have my coaching issues with CMA too (although amazingly - I don't know how - maybe because he's a Sweet16x2, Elite 8, Big 12 Championship, National Coach of the Year winner and I'm not - he seems to be fixing the problems I've had with him this year without getting my opinion on it), but he is definitely not anywhere near a crook.  Meanwhile, people in KY want to believe Cal is clean, when it has been PROVEN at TWO DIFFERENT SCHOOLS before his current that he is not.  It's amazing that he is allowed to coach anything but pro ball in Latvia.

WMHawgfan

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on February 15, 2018, 10:51:48 pm
Nah the NCAA will drop the hammer on UTC to send a message to the blue bloods not to do this again.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hawgball40

Wonder if they are finally gonna get nail Coach K. He's the slimiest of them all. He snitched on a recruit and blackmailed the family into getting them to commit to duke. dude is a shyster of the same level of pitino, pearl and calipari

hawgball40

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 16, 2018, 09:18:25 am
This is the truth unfortunately.  This might be the one chance to clean up college basketball and it will go by with barely a ripple.  If nothing else, I hope Bruce Pearl and Auburn get hammered.  He cheated at Tennessee and lied about it then got hired at Auburn where it appears he is right back at it.
He was cheating long before he got to tenessee man. just google it...

mizzouman

Quote from: waphill on February 16, 2018, 08:38:51 am
I would be totally SHOCKED if Mike Anderson were ever to be implicated in any of this. 

mizzouman

Quote from: lakecityhog on February 16, 2018, 09:11:29 am

North Carolina found a loophole.  Since these fake classes were also available to non athletes, it was not deemed an impermissible benefit.  The NCAA could do nothing.  However, it is extremely sad that the University of North Carolina didn't do more. 

mizzouman

Quote from: Fan701 on February 16, 2018, 09:18:12 am
I hope Bruce Pearl and Auburn fans are enjoying it while it lasts.
That guy and the whole program is in deep trouble.

mizzouman

Quote from: razorpimp on February 16, 2018, 09:37:27 am
One word for you.....Cuonzo
We shall see.  Although I don't see anything he would be dirty about.

Tusks

The hogs maybe a #2 seed before its over.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

southeasthog

Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

SemperHawg

Quote from: mizzouman on February 16, 2018, 10:13:04 am
hahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah*deep inhale*ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahah.

That's a good one.

mizzouman

Quote from: SemperHawg on February 16, 2018, 10:14:37 am
hahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah*deep inhale*ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahah.

That's a good one.
Thanks.  I hope I made your day.

hogsanity

what is funny is that anyone would actually think anything is going to happen before this year's tourney.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

NoogaHog

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on February 15, 2018, 10:51:48 pm

GO MOCS!!!
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

HognitiveDissonance

The truth with 90% of discussions lies somewhere in the middle, in my opinion.

Do I think MA runs a clean program? Yes.
Do I think everyone who recruits better than MA all cheat? No. Some do, some don't. Just my opinion.

The truth is always in the middle.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: mizzouman on February 16, 2018, 10:13:04 am

I think Cuonzo is a stand up guy that believes in hard work and working for what you get. I don't see that guy as a cheater, I see him as a man trying to be a role model for young men. He did land some high profile recruits at Cal but I don't see him being involved. Any coach including the cleanest can have a rogue booster going behind his back, restaurants providing free meals but I don't think that is the focus of this investigation at all.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

mhuff

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on February 16, 2018, 10:21:43 am
The truth with 90% of discussions lies somewhere in the middle, in my opinion.

Do I think MA runs a clean program? Yes.
Do I think everyone who recruits better than MA all cheat? No. Some do, some don't. Just my opinion.

The truth is always in the middle.

Everyone is an absolute. If one person recruits better than CMA, it  makes your statement false. However, we need to hire some good, honest recruiters.

Jackrabbit Hog

Paging MountieDawg.

MountieDawg?  MountieDawg?  Bueller?  Bueller?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

sickboy

Quote from: hogsanity on February 16, 2018, 10:17:14 am
what is funny is that anyone would actually think anything is going to happen before this year's tourney.

Yeah, nothing is going to happen legally, as the justice system obviously takes time.

However, what could happen is that the FBI indicts and the NCAA steps in tries to show its own power by hammering programs. Another effect of indictments is that coaches could lose their job and players could become immediately ineligible. That could have a tremendous effect on the tourney.

WooPigFarm

Will we ever learn? Will we?

When $$$'s the overlying factor, history says we wont

Cambridge Hog

NCAA = complicit

They have serious egg on their face. Would be great if the FBI went after them once all the crooks are rounded up