Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How would you like to be Chan Gailey today?

Started by Jim Harris, October 07, 2005, 04:06:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

Wow, did y'all catch the end of that game? He calls the right play, essentially and what is basically slightly poor execution and a fluke and they don't win, they don't get a chance for a tie, Georgia Tech gets beat. Plus, his field-goal kicker can't make chipshots from the left hashmark, or they win anyway. Usually, soccer style guys and any field goal kickers struggle with the angle from the right hash mark, not the left. But not this guy.
Man that's all gotta suck for whom people everywhere claim is a super guy, Chan Gailey.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

WilsonHog

Chan may shortly be a super guy who needs a job.

Jim Harris

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 07, 2005, 04:08:15 pm

while our "super" guy keeps one with a lot less talent than it appeared Tech's got. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

DisplacedHogFan

I watched the whole game and Chan did nothing wrong coaching that I saw. His QB had a HORRID game, his kicker missed two gimmees, and the play at the end of the game WAS a fluke...the receiver should have caught the ball...it's almost like he pushed it to the defensive player. I know it's probably a tough loss for GT to swallow but I don't see how in the world anyone could put the blame on Chan Gailey's shoulders as far as coaching mistakes go.

Jim Harris

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on October 07, 2005, 04:11:49 pm

I watched the whole game and Chan did nothing wrong coaching that I saw. His QB had a HORRID game, his kicker missed two gimmees, and the play at the end of the game WAS a fluke...the receiver should have caught the ball...it's almost like he pushed it to the defensive player. I know it's probably a tough loss for GT to swallow but I don't see how in the world anyone could put the blame on Chan Gailey's shoulders as far as coaching mistakes go.

I know, that's the deal. He did everything he could, and it seemed like he's just snakebit or something. The pass play was the right call. The timeout after Reggie's run to the 3 was the right thing to do, because Reggie needed a breather. They could spike the ball on third down if they needed to. The field goal kicker blew two good shots, and NC State hits them right after each one with a backbreaker, and they come back to still have a chance. It just seemed so fluky for a guy to lose like that. He seemed to have some snakebit moments as the Cowboys' coach.
Sure enough, though, some dumbass Tech fans will blame the coach over it.

three

I remember when Chan came to Dallas, there was a billboard off the tollway that read: Hey Chan, 4th and 1?  Punt!!  I thought it was hilarious, following that horrible loss to the Eagles when Switzer pulled a HDN, went for it on 4th and one with the lead, ran right into an 10 man front, turnover on downs. 

Gailey had a chance to take them to the Super Bowl one more time.  Rocket Ismail came in and caught that game-winning TD in overtime against the Redskins in OT at RFK, and then Irvin had 2 TD catches I believe against the Cardinals in a rout the next week, his last game at TX Stadium, thank God I was there.  The next week, Irvin hurt his neck at Philly, those classy Eagles fans cheared, and a few weeks after that, Aikman broke his collar bone at Denver.....oh what might have been.  Poor Chan, he seems cursed.  Nothing ever goes right for him!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

merccedes

yet we are quick to blame Nutt when his QB has a bad game or his kicker cant kick orwhatevre it might be. For a group that can name all of Nutts bad losses you seem quick to forget gailey was a bomb at his previous jobs. Was'nt it last week that they got beat 51-7,  bet he made all the right call there also.

merccedes

Hey i was just reading on a GTU mesage board and one of them said "i sure wish Gailey would have tried to run it in  4times like that guy at Arkansas did, you know we could have punched it in.

Hog Bounty Hunter

If he was at Arkansas they'd give him a raise and two years to get things worked out.