Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If any of our players were to "quit",

Started by TulsaHawg, October 07, 2005, 12:07:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

either figuratively or literally in a game, they would be lambasted on this board to kingdom come, and perhaps rightfully so.

What if a player "quits" on the season?  Heck, Shawn Andrews was villified by several "expert" posters because he didn't play in the I-Bowl, a bowl that many degrade as being a "Weedeater Bowl", or a "Piss Bowl", or not a "real bowl".....AND he had a medical excuse!

Yet some of you "fans" have quit on this team 4 games into the season!  You encounter some adversity and you pull your skirts up over your heads and quit.  Some of you have already purchased tickets, but because you aren't having as much "fun" as you want, you are going to sit in your little corner and pout and not go to anymore games and consider anymore wins this season impossible. Well "Bwess it's wittle heart."  :-*

What if the players took that approach?  Do you want to see our players giving up when they encounter adversity?  When things get tough do you want to see them just go sit in a corner because it ain't fun anymore?

You want to quit on NUTT? Fine! Do it at the end of the season!!! Raise hell after the final game! That's when it should be done. OR call JFB now and express your discontent.  His number is in the book.

These players deserve better fan support than they are getting from you doubters, pouters, and do withouters.

You call yourself Razorback fans? Then man up and act like it! Stop all this whining and bellyaching when the season isn't even half over!  If you see one of the players away from the field, encourage him to keep playing hard.

You want Nutt's job?  Fight for it after the season!  There is still a lot of football still to be played.

:razorback:

Rocky&Boarwinkle

You are as repetitive as the people you complain about.

artyhog

TulsaHog I could not have said it better.

When I go to the games, I do not cheer the coach.  I cheer for the players.

Queen Hog

Right on TulsaHawg!!!!

Go HOGSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: artyhog on October 07, 2005, 12:09:34 pm

When I go to the games, I do not cheer the coach. I cheer for the players.

Don't get me an him mixed up.  I am TulsaHog he is TulsaHawg, i live in reality, season ended after game 2, season got worse after game three.  Now its all for grins cause we aren't salvaging this season.  Come on, we have to beat 5 more teams out of 7 to be bowl eligble.  Glad the players get time off to go home for christmas this year rather than actually competing in a bowl game. 

TulsaHawg

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 07, 2005, 12:21:49 pm

Don't get me an him mixed up. I am TulsaHog he is TulsaHawg, i live in reality, season ended after game 2, season got worse after game three. Now its all for grins cause we aren't salvaging this season. Come on, we have to beat 5 more teams out of 7 to be bowl eligble. Glad the players get time off to go home for christmas this year rather than actually competing in a bowl game.

Your reasoning is illogical THF.  If the season "ended" after game 2, then it's over, finished, caput.  Therefore, in that the season has concluded, it cannot then get worse in game 3.

JDW

Don't get me an him mixed up. I am TulsaHog he is TulsaHawg, i live in reality, season ended after game 2, season got worse after game three. Now its all for grins cause we aren't salvaging this season. Come on, we have to beat 5 more teams out of 7 to be bowl eligble. Glad the players get time off to go home for christmas this year rather than actually competing in a bowl game.

Yeah! That's the negative attitude we're looking for!

Cajun Hog

Amen.... But it stop it from going, going, going, and going the rest of year.  As soon as we lose a basketball game it will start all over again.  ;D   :razorback:

artyhog

I apologize for mistyping the name.  But using your reasoning, the Hogs should just cancel the remaining games, so that you won't get more embarrassed.

Wins for the Hogs - ULM, So Car, Ole Miss, Miss St, Auburn.  That would make them 6-5 and bowl eligible.  I have ticket for all those games and LSU as well.  I will be going to the game to cheer them on. 

I will not bash the Hogs during or after the season.  I am not a sunshine pumper for any of the coaches.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Creole Hog on October 07, 2005, 12:33:24 pm
Amen.... But it stop it from going, going, going, and going the rest of year. As soon as we lose a basketball game it will start all over again. ;D :razorback:

What is interesting is there seems to be not one area of our program immune to constant denigration!  People don't like Paul, Keith, Rick, JFB, HDN, ALL the assistants, the band, the commercials on the Pig Screen, the band director, Chuck, Randy, Clay, Otis.

It seems their attitudes are "if you ain't bitchin' you ain't dealing with reality."

All this negativity is like a plague in which each one just continues to feed off one another, and it continues to multiply until everyone is operating under this dark cloud!

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 12:28:44 pm
Your reasoning is illogical THF. If the season "ended" after game 2, then it's over, finished, caput. Therefore, in that the season has concluded, it cannot then get worse in game 3.

Sorry i must have shot that one over your head.  When i said over, i meant no change to finish respectfully, or show positive results.  Therefore the season as a whole was over. 

The idea of it getting worse was against USC whereas the season was over, we could still look respectable in a 20 point loss or something along those lines.  It got worse when the backup's, backup quarterback was told to get ready he might get to play after the first quarter.  When he did get in, he saw how easy it was to score on the Hogs, and therefore any national respect we might have had was thrown out the window.  At that moment, we ceased to be a football team and became the national joke.

Season over game 2, we still have games to play, but to be honest it seems hard to say but it could get even worse than after USC.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 12:39:57 pm
Amen.... But it stop it from going, going, going, and going the rest of year. As soon as we lose a basketball game it will start all over again. ;D :razorback:

What is interesting is there seems to be not one area of our program immune to constant denigration! People don't like Paul, Keith, Rick, JFB, HDN, ALL the assistants, the band, the commercials on the Pig Screen, the band director, Chuck, Randy, Clay, Otis.

It seems their attitudes are "if you ain't bitchin' you ain't dealing with reality."

All this negativity is like a plague in which each one just continues to feed off one another, and it continues to multiply until everyone is operating under this dark cloud!

I really wonder how many are true hog fans is say the season over and fire Nutt now? With today's technology and recruits reading message boards it not helpful, also all the bitching on the board won't do any good at getting a new coach.  It's the people who the donation $$$$$ that will make it happen.

silvertip

Well, TulsaHawg, I have never given up on the Hawg players.

Giving up on the OC is not the same as giving up on the players or the program. HDN is not the program.

HDN is a miserable failure as an OC. Five straight years with the WORST passing game in the SEC and sub-100th in the nation would get any other OC fired.

And NO, I didn't give up on HDN after a few games THIS season. Try 2 or 3 years ago.

JDW

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on October 07, 2005, 12:09:25 pm
You are as repetitive as the people you complain about.

So are those that whine about HDN.

HogInMemphis

Andrews didn't have a medical reason for not playing in  the bowl - he lied to get out of playing for fear of getting an injury. All in all, a very smart move. But he would have looked smarter if he'd just spoken the truth instead of some BS about dying of thirst and drinking water out of the toilet.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 07, 2005, 12:40:15 pm
The idea of it getting worse was against USC whereas the season was over, we could still look respectable in a 20 point loss or something along those lines. It got worse when the backup's, backup quarterback was told to get ready he might get to play after the first quarter. When he did get in, he saw how easy it was to score on the Hogs, and therefore any national respect we might have had was thrown out the window. At that moment, we ceased to be a football team and became the national joke.

we start off with Missouri State and then go directly to the #1 team in the nation... of course we weren't prepared.  there is NOTHING the coaches could've done differently to prepare the players for the kind of speed and ability that USC has (short of scrimmaging against an NFL team).  but after getting blasted 70-17 by the #1 team in the nation, did our hogs quit???  HELL NO... they came out the next week against a tough Bama team and the defense bowed up and gave our offense a chance to win the game.... too bad they couldn't do it.  there was IMMEDIATE IMPROVEMENT from the USC and Bama game... not "wait 'til next year."  it was seen the next week and our young defense held Bama to 24 (supposed to have been 17).  what did all that talent that Florida recruits each year do for them?  got them beat like a freakin' step-child when they played Bama the next week.

so don't tell me this season is over.  our coaching staff, players, support personnel have done a good job of keeping things together through the roughest of rough times.  our players are actually making progress instead of running off to the corner and pouting, or quitting, like many of you would do.  if the season ended after the second game, what were you expecting at the beginning of the year?  12-0?  SEC championship?  and as soon as we lost a game and were no longer "perfect," you throw the rest of the season down the tube?  if that's the way you are TulsaHogFan, you're going to have to be a banwagon fan because everybody gets beat from time to time and very rarely does a team stay perfect.  I guess this year you can cheer for Texas since they're still undefeated, right?

I'm still disappointed in our offense (more specifically the offensie play calling), but the rest of our season isn't just a formality so that the UofA can make money... we're still trying to improve as a team, as individual players, and as a coaching staff.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 12:07:16 pm
either figuratively or literally in a game, they would be lambasted on this board to kingdom come, and perhaps rightfully so.

What if a player "quits" on the season? Heck, Shawn Andrews was villified by several "expert" posters because he didn't play in the I-Bowl, a bowl that many degrade as being a "Weedeater Bowl", or a "Piss Bowl", or not a "real bowl".....AND he had a medical excuse!

Yet some of you "fans" have quit on this team 4 games into the season! You encounter some adversity and you pull your skirts up over your heads and quit. Some of you have already purchased tickets, but because you aren't having as much "fun" as you want, you are going to sit in your little corner and pout and not go to anymore games and consider anymore wins this season impossible. Well "Bwess it's wittle heart." :-*

What if the players took that approach? Do you want to see our players giving up when they encounter adversity? When things get tough do you want to see them just go sit in a corner because it ain't fun anymore?

You want to quit on NUTT? Fine! Do it at the end of the season!!! Raise hell after the final game! That's when it should be done. OR call JFB now and express your discontent. His number is in the book.

These players deserve better fan support than they are getting from you doubters, pouters, and do withouters.

You call yourself Razorback fans? Then man up and act like it! Stop all this whining and bellyaching when the season isn't even half over! If you see one of the players away from the field, encourage him to keep playing hard.

You want Nutt's job? Fight for it after the season! There is still a lot of football still to be played.

Eh, I know you have limited knowledge because of your post so let me clue you in. Andrews could not play in that game, he did not go to class and was ineligilbe to play because of grades.

RebelliousHog

QuoteWins for the Hogs - ULM, So Car, Ole Miss, Miss St, Auburn.

Without really getting into the debate on this subject, I have a question. Why do many of you assume Auburn will be victory? ULM, So Car, Ole Miss and Mis St. I can see, but Auburn? Please give your reasoning. And not "Auburn sucks." They stuck it to So Car. pretty good. 
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

artyhog

Sticking it to So. Car is not that big a deal.  I think that the Hogs can match up pretty good with their defense.  That is why I think the Hogs will win.

HogsRule

You live in reality? Here's some reality. Teams we have lost to 13-1, teams we have yet to play: 17-14. I think there's some room for optimism there.
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: HogsRule on October 07, 2005, 01:37:50 pm

You live in reality? Here's some reality. Teams we have lost to 13-1, teams we have yet to play: 17-14. I think there's some room for optimism there.
Their records will improve after we play them.

razorback44

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on October 07, 2005, 01:13:12 pm

we start off with Missouri State and then go directly to the #1 team in the nation... of course we weren't prepared.

You forgot that little debacle against Vanderbilt in between those two games.  I think that is probably about the time the season went bad.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

razorback44

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 12:39:57 pm

What is interesting is there seems to be not one area of our program immune to constant denigration! People don't like Paul, Keith, Rick, JFB, HDN, ALL the assistants, the band, the commercials on the Pig Screen, the band director, Chuck, Randy, Clay, Otis.

Don't forget the uniforms...   ;)
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Snarlton

I'd say there's a bit of difference between a player quitting and a fan "quitting".  Players are on full scholarship, aka free ride, with the understanding that they play some D1 level football.  I, as a fan, have no obligation to do jack squat if I don't want to.  At no point will such a tongue lashing (TulsaHog) motivate a disgruntled fan into putting on the happy face and cheering for horrible football.  It is, after all, just a game.  And any level of fan gets to walk away in a spirit of apathy any time they so choose and feel fine about it. 

Fans are not paid one cent.  On the contrary, many of them dish out tons of their hard earned loot for the betterment of their chosen team.  Fans deserve something from the highly paid coaches and administration.  No one DESERVES anything from fans and should be grateful there are any.  This is especially true for the Razorback program, whose respect for the common fan has gone into total freefall in recent years and spiralled all the way into a pit of total indifference toward us.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: Snarlton on October 07, 2005, 02:20:46 pm
I'd say there's a bit of difference between a player quitting and a fan "quitting". Players are on full scholarship, aka free ride, with the understanding that they play some D1 level football. I, as a fan, have no obligation to do jack squat if I don't want to. At no point will such a tongue lashing (TulsaHog) motivate a disgruntled fan into putting on the happy face and cheering for horrible football. It is, after all, just a game. And any level of fan gets to walk away in a spirit of apathy any time they so choose and feel fine about it.

Fans are not paid one cent. On the contrary, many of them dish out tons of their hard earned loot for the betterment of their chosen team. Fans deserve something from the highly paid coaches and administration. No one DESERVES anything from fans and should be grateful there are any. This is especially true for the Razorback program, whose respect for the common fan has gone into total freefall in recent years and spiralled all the way into a pit of total indifference toward us.

Nice post, Snarlton.  Fans aren't obligated to do a damn thing. 

HogHeathen

What if a player "quits" on the season? Heck, Shawn Andrews was villified by several "expert" posters because he didn't play in the I-Bowl, a bowl that many degrade as being a "Weedeater Bowl", or a "Piss Bowl", or not a "real bowl".....AND he had a medical excuse!

Yet some of you "fans" have quit on this team 4 games into the season! You encounter some adversity and you pull your skirts up over your heads and quit. Some of you have already purchased tickets, but because you aren't having as much "fun" as you want, you are going to sit in your little corner and pout and not go to anymore games and consider anymore wins this season impossible. Well "Bwess it's wittle heart." :-*

What if the players took that approach? Do you want to see our players giving up when they encounter adversity? When things get tough do you want to see them just go sit in a corner because it ain't fun anymore?

You want to quit on NUTT? Fine! Do it at the end of the season!!! Raise hell after the final game! That's when it should be done. OR call JFB now and express your discontent. His number is in the book.

You call yourself Razorback fans? Then man up and act like it! Stop all this whining and bellyaching when the season isn't even half over! If you see one of the players away from the field, encourage him to keep playing hard.

You want Nutt's job? Fight for it after the season! There is still a lot of football still to be played.

Shut the hell up!  You're annoying me with your snide remarks and witty posts.  You put too much thought into it...

Cajun Hog

Quote from: HogHeathen on October 07, 2005, 02:33:00 pm

Shut the hell up! You're annoying me with your snide remarks and witty posts. You put too much thought into it...

Does the truth hurt.   :puke:

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Creole Hog on October 07, 2005, 02:35:43 pm

Shut the hell up! You're annoying me with your snide remarks and witty posts. You put too much thought into it...

Does the truth hurt. :puke:

You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the Houston Nutt.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 02:36:41 pm

You can't handle the truth.  HE'S NOT GOING TO BE FIRED.  It's funny watching everyone go over board about HDN being fired and ain't going to happen.  Good luck in your new leadership role of this cause.   :razorback:

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Creole Hog on October 07, 2005, 02:47:45 pm

You can't handle the truth. HE'S NOT GOING TO BE FIRED. It's funny watching everyone go over board about HDN being fired and ain't going to happen. Good luck in your new leadership role of this cause. :razorback:

I am sure you will jump right on board when he is fired and support the new coach, so your opinon means little. You are a follower.

NuttsSacked

Here's the truth...TulsaHawg and hogsanity love to hear themselves speak.  Do you think all their worthless lecturing is going to change anything? 

Does the truth hurt?  I guess it could if someone were stupid enough to take them seriously.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 02:48:45 pm

You can't handle the truth. HE'S NOT GOING TO BE FIRED. It's funny watching everyone go over board about HDN being fired and ain't going to happen. Good luck in your new leadership role of this cause. :razorback:

I am sure you will jump right on board when he is fired and support the new coach, so your opinon means little. You are a follower.

If it's Butch I would be board, but that won't happen.  What up and coming assailant will we get to replace HDN.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 07, 2005, 12:54:04 pm
Andrews didn't have a medical reason for not playing in  the bowl - he lied to get out of playing for fear of getting an injury. All in all, a very smart move. But he would have looked smarter if he'd just spoken the truth instead of some BS about dying of thirst and drinking water out of the toilet.

Have you ever had polyph growths in your nose?  If not, it is hard for you to quantify what he was going through.  I admit the story was over the top, but I have heard stranger things that were true. ;)  What I do fault him for is not taking care of business academically in the spring.  Just in case he was "undraftable" and he could at least have something to fall back upon.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Creole Hog on October 07, 2005, 02:51:49 pm

If it's Butch I would be board, but that won't happen. What up and coming assailant will we get to replace HDN.

There are many coaches that would do a better job, who will be available at the end of the year is yet to be determined. I do agree with some of you that Nutt has made this job less attractive by the way he has ran things. He has hurt recruiting in this state, which we must have to do well. 

GorillaJMonsoon

The players are being compensated (paid) for playing by having their education paid for, in full.  If they aren't up to playing, or if they quit, then they lose their scholarship. Coaches choose to give scholarships (pay) only to those players who can play at the level expected of them.  A player is a worker, an employee, who provides a servce and is compensated for it.

Fans pay to see games, listen to games on the internet, get merchandise, etc.  They are consumers.  If a consumer is unhappy with a product, they can choose not to purchase it, therefore witholding their financial support.  How many times has a boycott by a large group of dissatisfied consumers changed the way a company does business?  It happens all the time. 

So, there is a difference.  Everyone has a choice.  Players can choose to play and benefit from it, or not play and deal with the consequences of not playing.  Fans can choose to pay and see games, etc. or not pay and not see games etc.  Companies can change the way the do business and satisfy consumers, or they can ignore consumers and lose revenue from those consumers who choose to take their $ elsewhere.

And if you want to talk about loyalty, it is a give and take proposition.  You might be loyal to a company that you work for, but if it becomes obvious that you are getting screwed by your company, then your loyalty will probably not last long.  You might be loyal to a certain brand, but if you realize that the product has flaws, then you might change your brand loyalty.  Loyaly does not equal blind suport. 

Look at Danny Ford, don't you think it was time for him to be fired, based on his teams performance and his performance as a coach?  Does that mean that you are quitting on the Razorbacks? Of course not.  You just question the direction of the program and want to discuss the future.  It was easier then because we were so bad that it was hard to defend Ford.  Now, the situation is not as cut and dried, we might not be obviously terrible like we were then, but are we where we WANT to be?  Aren't we at a point where we could take that shot at the big time?  We have the facilities to compete, we are competing fairly well in the SEC, more than under Ford, but is this where we want to stay?  And if not, is Nutt capable of taking us further, or has he taken us as far as he can?  I think its a legitimate question if we can be objective about it, and leave out the childish name calling and have an honest discussion.  Otherwise it just demeans and takes away from our repsective positions and derails the debate.

G'awgs!

J

drakekllr

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on October 07, 2005, 03:09:42 pm
The players are being compensated (paid) for playing by having their education paid for, in full. If they aren't up to playing, or if they quit, then they lose their scholarship. Coaches choose to give scholarships (pay) only to those players who can play at the level expected of them. A player is a worker, an employee, who provides a servce and is compensated for it.

Fans pay to see games, listen to games on the internet, get merchandise, etc. They are consumers. If a consumer is unhappy with a product, they can choose not to purchase it, therefore witholding their financial support. How many times has a boycott by a large group of dissatisfied consumers changed the way a company does business? It happens all the time.

So, there is a difference. Everyone has a choice. Players can choose to play and benefit from it, or not play and deal with the consequences of not playing. Fans can choose to pay and see games, etc. or not pay and not see games etc. Companies can change the way the do business and satisfy consumers, or they can ignore consumers and lose revenue from those consumers who choose to take their $ elsewhere.

And if you want to talk about loyalty, it is a give and take proposition. You might be loyal to a company that you work for, but if it becomes obvious that you are getting screwed by your company, then your loyalty will probably not last long. You might be loyal to a certain brand, but if you realize that the product has flaws, then you might change your brand loyalty. Loyaly does not equal blind suport.

Look at Danny Ford, don't you think it was time for him to be fired, based on his teams performance and his performance as a coach? Does that mean that you are quitting on the Razorbacks? Of course not. You just question the direction of the program and want to discuss the future. It was easier then because we were so bad that it was hard to defend Ford. Now, the situation is not as cut and dried, we might not be obviously terrible like we were then, but are we where we WANT to be? Aren't we at a point where we could take that shot at the big time? We have the facilities to compete, we are competing fairly well in the SEC, more than under Ford, but is this where we want to stay? And if not, is Nutt capable of taking us further, or has he taken us as far as he can? I think its a legitimate question if we can be objective about it, and leave out the childish name calling and have an honest discussion. Otherwise it just demeans and takes away from our repsective positions and derails the debate.

G'awgs!

J

Great post and insights no matter which side of the argument your on. Kudos Gorilla.

Flatfoot

TulsaHawg,

Get a freakin life.  If you believe in the Hogs so much put your money where your mouth is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

HogsRule

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 03:09:04 pm

If it's Butch I would be board, but that won't happen. What up and coming assailant will we get to replace HDN.

There are many coaches that would do a better job, who will be available at the end of the year is yet to be determined. I do agree with some of you that Nutt has made this job less attractive by the way he has ran things. He has hurt recruiting in this state, which we must have to do well.

make up your mind haters. which is it:  He gets top 25 classes every year and can't coach them or he can't recruit.

No Hate Zone

HogsRule

Quote from: flatfoot304 on October 07, 2005, 04:03:57 pm
TulsaHawg,

Get a freakin life. If you believe in the Hogs so much put your money where your mouth is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll put my money on it. whatcha got?
20 bucks a game, I'll take AR you can have the opponent straight up.

No Hate Zone

hogsanity

Quote from: NuttsSacked on October 07, 2005, 02:50:30 pm

Here's the truth...TulsaHawg and hogsanity love to hear themselves speak. Do you think all their worthless lecturing is going to change anything?

Does the truth hurt? I guess it could if someone were stupid enough to take them seriously.

Everyone on here loves to hear themselves or they wouldnt be here.  My continued posting in support of the coach is NOT ONE BIT DIFFERENT than those continually calling for his firing.  Each side has their own opinion.  What is amazing though is tht the ones wanting him gone resort much quicker to name calling and personal attacks when challenged on any point.  And, its only a matter of time until bounty hunter, AKA skip, gets banned AGAIn because he cant keep 3rd grade playground tactics under wraps for long.  You can already see the venemous anger boiling beneath the surface of his recent posts. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: hogsanity on October 07, 2005, 04:41:27 pm

Here's the truth...TulsaHawg and hogsanity love to hear themselves speak. Do you think all their worthless lecturing is going to change anything?

Does the truth hurt? I guess it could if someone were stupid enough to take them seriously.

Everyone on here loves to hear themselves or they wouldnt be here. My continued posting in support of the coach is NOT ONE BIT DIFFERENT than those continually calling for his firing. Each side has their own opinion. What is amazing though is tht the ones wanting him gone resort much quicker to name calling and personal attacks when challenged on any point. And, its only a matter of time until bounty hunter, AKA skip, gets banned AGAIn because he cant keep 3rd grade playground tactics under wraps for long. You can already see the venemous anger boiling beneath the surface of his recent posts.

Sanity it ain't gonna happen,  I have too much fun festering your boils of your Nutt Hugging. No need to call you a name, Nutt Hugger is all that needs to be said. That is worse than any name anyone could call you.  Nutt Hugger.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: HogsRule on October 07, 2005, 04:27:17 pm
Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 03:09:04 pm

make up your mind haters. which is it: He gets top 25 classes every year and can't coach them or he can't recruit.

Grit says the classes have not been good so I guess it is both, he has bad players whom he can't coach.

JDW

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 04:44:40 pm

Everyone on here loves to hear themselves or they wouldnt be here. My continued posting in support of the coach is NOT ONE BIT DIFFERENT than those continually calling for his firing. Each side has their own opinion. What is amazing though is tht the ones wanting him gone resort much quicker to name calling and personal attacks when challenged on any point. And, its only a matter of time until bounty hunter, AKA skip, gets banned AGAIn because he cant keep 3rd grade playground tactics under wraps for long. You can already see the venemous anger boiling beneath the surface of his recent posts.

Sanity it ain't gonna happen, I have too much fun festering your boils of your Nutt Hugging. No need to call you a name, Nutt Hugger is all that needs to be said. That is worse than any name anyone could call you. Nutt Hugger.

And you still haven't answered my post from other threads. What is you call on the season for Razorback wins/losses, and to who will they occur?

NuttsSacked

Hey, if you'd step off your soap box and stop being so damn condescending every once in a while, you might receive some reasonable discussions.  THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. 

Your questions aren't inquisitive in nature.  They're phrased to make asses out of anyone that doesn't buy into your BS. 

You rarely present facts.  Most of you arguments are hyperbolas. 

You call yourself an optimist.  I find you sophomoric and completely understand the contempt someone might have for you.

How about that?  No dirty name calling necessary.  Better?

Ben Steiger

PREACH IT!!!!!!!!!! That is what I have been ranting about for quite a while...

Look out, come Monday morning.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

MCPeePants

I'd say there's a bit of difference between a player quitting and a fan "quitting". Players are on full scholarship, aka free ride, with the understanding that they play some D1 level football. I, as a fan, have no obligation to do jack squat if I don't want to. At no point will such a tongue lashing (TulsaHog) motivate a disgruntled fan into putting on the happy face and cheering for horrible football. It is, after all, just a game. And any level of fan gets to walk away in a spirit of apathy any time they so choose and feel fine about it...

Well said. I was going to say pretty much they same thing but this sums it up.

Just because some (many) fans are voicing their displeasure over the current state of affairs and advocate a change doesn't mean those fans are any less supportive of the Razorbacks football prgram than the Nutt-supporters. In fact, I'd argue that if any group of fans has "quit" on the Hogs, it's the Nutt-backers who are willing to blindly accept the current state of mediocrity 8 years into the Nutt reign, and who call for everyone else to do likewise. No sale. 

TulsaHawg

I'd say there's a bit of difference between a player quitting and a fan "quitting". Players are on full scholarship, aka free ride, with the understanding that they play some D1 level football. I, as a fan, have no obligation to do jack squat if I don't want to. At no point will such a tongue lashing (TulsaHog) motivate a disgruntled fan into putting on the happy face and cheering for horrible football. It is, after all, just a game. And any level of fan gets to walk away in a spirit of apathy any time they so choose and feel fine about it.

Fans are not paid one cent. On the contrary, many of them dish out tons of their hard earned loot for the betterment of their chosen team. Fans deserve something from the highly paid coaches and administration. No one DESERVES anything from fans and should be grateful there are any. This is especially true for the Razorback program, whose respect for the common fan has gone into total freefall in recent years and spiralled all the way into a pit of total indifference toward us.

Yes Snarlton, those are some nice excuses for just wanting to be a bystander and butch and moan.  Tell me, what exactly do the coaches and players owe the fans?

You don't have to pay a damn dime if you don't want to.

We have heard for years about how great, and how devoted Razorbacks fans are.  Your attitude is one of the things wrong with the atmosphere at RRS.  "Fans" like you want to be spectators, not participators.  That's one of the differences for the most part at the Rock.  Fans there normally get into the game, and feel they are a part of it, and can help make a difference.

You go ahead and sit back and judge everybody.  You go ahead and sit back and justify why everyone else should be held accountable but you.  You go ahead and comfort yourself with your excuses.

Just don't ever say you are a "PART" of the Razorbacks program, because you are merely an observer.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on October 07, 2005, 03:05:08 pm
Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 07, 2005, 12:54:04 pm

Have you ever had polyph growths in your nose?  If not, it is hard for you to quantify what he was going through.  I admit the story was over the top, but I have heard stranger things that were true. ;)  What I do fault him for is not taking care of business academically in the spring.  Just in case he was "undraftable" and he could at least have something to fall back upon.

I don't care what was growing in my nose, I'd never drink from the toilet.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 06:39:22 pm

Yes Snarlton, those are some nice excuses for just wanting to be a bystander and butch and moan. Tell me, what exactly do the coaches and players owe the fans?

You don't have to pay a damn dime if you don't want to.

We have heard for years about how great, and how devoted Razorbacks fans are. Your attitude is one of the things wrong with the atmosphere at RRS. "Fans" like you want to be spectators, not participators. That's one of the differences for the most part at the Rock. Fans there normally get into the game, and feel they are a part of it, and can help make a difference.

You go ahead and sit back and judge everybody. You go ahead and sit back and justify why everyone else should be held accountable but you. You go ahead and comfort yourself with your excuses.

Just don't ever say you are a "PART" of the Razorbacks program, because you are merely an observer.

Help me understand something.  Snarlton stated he doesn't have to buy the product.  You stated "You don't have to pay a damn dime if you don't want to".  Yet Snarlton "sits back and judges everybody" and thinks "everyone else should be held accountable but him"?

Tulsa, YA' STUPID.  LOL!!!