Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tirico/Herbstreit

Started by abq, October 07, 2005, 10:21:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

abq

Man, it's great to have a college football game to watch damn near every night. Some of the matchups during the week have been less than stellar but I still enjoy watching them.

Is it just me or does college football seem to be down this year? I'll continue that thought tomorrow night. After an entire day of watching college football and after I've had my 15th Modelo, I'll continue my thread "The state of college football". I'll retire here to my media room, switch on the late game, start out on point, get distracted watching the game, and proceed to ramble through several unrelated topics similar to my question about majoring in Linebacker. You'll either like it or not and I won't care because by then I'll have switched to Crown and Coke. I love Saturdays during college football season.

Tirico/Herbstreit. These two are the best. They can make even the most mundane cfb game enjoyable. I'm really enjoying the lack of Corso on Thursday nights. Tirico/Herbstreit are two people I would love to have over to watch college football with on Saturdays. I'd still want to tell them to STFU, but it would be entertaining. As an example, did anyone catch this gem from Herbstreit last night?

You would think the undersized Johnson would be at a disadvantage

Hilarious. Now contrast those two with the crew we'll see tonight. Gilmore and the other goon instituted the shameless gimmick "Friday night debate". They pick a topic and debate it. They do it during the damn game. Screaming STFU at your television will not alleviate the intense pain of listening to these two. Hit the mute button, it's your only option.

Nope, nothing about the Hogs in this post. There's really nothing to discuss. I love the Hogs, hope the situation improves and that's about it. Find a way to enjoy the cfb season. It'll be June before you know it and you'll be rummaging around in your entertainment center for tapes of past games. Maybe you're doing that already.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: abq on October 07, 2005, 10:21:55 am
After an entire day of watching college football and after I've had my 15th Modelo, then I'll have switched to Crown and Coke.

that's my boy!!
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Patch

I saw a study once that showed a reason for football's popularity over sports such as baseball and basketball was the fact that it was a weekend ritual, it was easier to follow your team, and it was a "delicacy" to have those 1 or 2 days to watch football. I like the Thursday night game, but do away with all the other crap. ESPN is going to try to exploit college football to make money by playing a game every night of the week, and it's going to lose some luster. I can see it coming. This should be the schedule.

Monday - MNF
Tuesday - nothing
Wednesday - nothing
Thursday - 1 decent game as an appitizer for the weekend
Friday - High School Football, not college
Saturday - A Day full of awesome match ups
Sunday - NFL

abq

Quote from: Patch on October 07, 2005, 11:07:27 am
I saw a study once that showed a reason for football's popularity over sports such as baseball and basketball was the fact that it was a weekend ritual, it was easier to follow your team, and it was a "delicacy" to have those 1 or 2 days to watch football. I like the Thursday night game, but do away with all the other crap. ESPN is going to try to exploit college football to make money by playing a game every night of the week, and it's going to lose some luster. I can see it coming. This should be the schedule.

Monday - MNF
Tuesday - nothing
Wednesday - nothing
Thursday - 1 decent game as an appitizer for the weekend
Friday - High School Football, not college
Saturday - A Day full of awesome match ups
Sunday - NFL

Good points. Can't say I disagree with you. However, if it's on TV I'll watch it.