Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you really look there are tons of top D1 Coaches available

Started by hogsanity, October 07, 2005, 09:51:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

I am sure this hits the vent or feuds in about 30 seconds but there are at least 4500 on Hogville alone.  Many of you think you could do better than HDN.  Yet you are here, posting on some internet message board?  So what held you back? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DevilHog

Big_D

You are right .... there are  4499 on here who know you don't run it up the gut 4 straight plays from the three with first and goal to go...........now that right there is pure genius.

I am sure that is what all great offensive coordinators would do........RIGHT

He is being paid 1.7 mil for a reason, to win or is that a foreign notion for you HDN apologists

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopHog on October 07, 2005, 09:55:58 am
The same things that hold you back, you egalitarian.  What makes you always right?  Certainly not a strong attachment to sufficiently knowing the facts and working an argument from every angle.  What happened to all those rosy and optimistic posts you assume you have (but never have) posted to the board?  You are just a tornado of contrarian proportions.

What rosy psots could be made about this season.  I posted in June that at best we would go 7-4 and more likely 5-6.  It is not about being right or optimistic it is about reality.  The reality is that our program has been down for a long time IF the only things you look at are certain types of games against certain types of teams in certain situations.  To me 53-33 is a good record.  To many of you it is horrible. 

Many of you think that kids should just be crawling all over each other to come play here, yet you can never give one solid reason for them to do so.  I will admit, I can't either.  Some will say the right coach could do it.  Maybe, maybe not.  I think what is really at work here is that many feel, whether they know it or not, that the only way the state can get any respect for anything is through its sports programs, and if that is true we should all just get out now. 

I have stated several times, I DO NOT CARE WHO THE HC IS.  I wan them to winn, but I also will not assume to even think I know how to do that, cause I do not, and no matter how over inflated your opinions of yourselves are you do not know either.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

JDW

Quote from: Big_D on October 07, 2005, 09:57:44 am
You are right .... there are  4499 on here who know you don't run it up the gut 4 straight plays from the three with first and goal to go...........now that right there is pure genius.

I am sure that is what all great offensive coordinators would do........RIGHT

He is being paid 1.7 mil for a reason, to win or is that a foreign notion for you HDN apologists

The only thing I can argue with here is that I thought HDN only made like 1.2mil. Running that play over & over again I can't agree with either. And I support HDN, but not when he calls bonehead plays like that.

Swino

As HiM has said so well,

You don't have to be a winemaker to tell if the wine is any good. 

DirkPiggler

"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

WilsonHog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 07, 2005, 10:08:55 am
The same things that hold you back, you egalitarian. What makes you always right? Certainly not a strong attachment to sufficiently knowing the facts and working an argument from every angle. What happened to all those rosy and optimistic posts you assume you have (but never have) posted to the board? You are just a tornado of contrarian proportions.

What rosy psots could be made about this season. I posted in June that at best we would go 7-4 and more likely 5-6. It is not about being right or optimistic it is about reality. The reality is that our program has been down for a long time IF the only things you look at are certain types of games against certain types of teams in certain situations. To me 53-33 is a good record. To many of you it is horrible.

Many of you think that kids should just be crawling all over each other to come play here, yet you can never give one solid reason for them to do so. I will admit, I can't either. Some will say the right coach could do it. Maybe, maybe not. I think what is really at work here is that many feel, whether they know it or not, that the only way the state can get any respect for anything is through its sports programs, and if that is true we should all just get out now.

I have stated several times, I DO NOT CARE WHO THE HC IS. I wan them to winn, but I also will not assume to even think I know how to do that, cause I do not, and no matter how over inflated your opinions of yourselves are you do not know either.

Let me be blunt.

The theme of most all of your posts is that things in our program are about as good as they're gonna get, about as good as we have any right to expect, in "reality."

If you are correct, if I believe what you say, there is absolutely no reason for me to continue to support the program

None at all.

hogsanity

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 07, 2005, 11:30:56 am
The same things that hold you back, you egalitarian. What makes you always right? Certainly not a strong attachment to sufficiently knowing the facts and working an argument from every angle. What happened to all those rosy and optimistic posts you assume you have (but never have) posted to the board? You are just a tornado of contrarian proportions.

What rosy psots could be made about this season. I posted in June that at best we would go 7-4 and more likely 5-6. It is not about being right or optimistic it is about reality. The reality is that our program has been down for a long time IF the only things you look at are certain types of games against certain types of teams in certain situations. To me 53-33 is a good record. To many of you it is horrible.

Many of you think that kids should just be crawling all over each other to come play here, yet you can never give one solid reason for them to do so. I will admit, I can't either. Some will say the right coach could do it. Maybe, maybe not. I think what is really at work here is that many feel, whether they know it or not, that the only way the state can get any respect for anything is through its sports programs, and if that is true we should all just get out now.

I have stated several times, I DO NOT CARE WHO THE HC IS. I wan them to winn, but I also will not assume to even think I know how to do that, cause I do not, and no matter how over inflated your opinions of yourselves are you do not know either.

Let me be blunt.

The theme of most all of your posts is that things in our program are about as good as they're gonna get, about as good as we have any right to expect, in "reality."

If you are correct, if I believe what you say, there is absolutely no reason for me to continue to support the program

None at all.

Well Wilson, what are your expectations of a "successful" program, and how many current D1 teams fit that definiton?

Turnberry

Quote from: hogsanity on October 07, 2005, 11:38:44 am
Quote from: WilsonHog on October 07, 2005, 11:30:56 am

Let me be blunt.

None at all.

Well Wilson, what are your expectations of a "successful" program, and how many current D1 teams fit that definiton?

I won't answer on his behalf, but it will look like something similar to this:

A consistent top 25 program   ** FAILED - 6 years and counting. Logical assumption that we're not this year.

I'd take 8 Top 25's out of every 10 years.  ** FAILED - 2 times in the last 10 years.

An SEC WEST Championship - about 3 times every 10 years

An SEC Championship - 2 times every 10 years.   ** FAILED - We have NONE.

A BCS bid - 2 times every 10 years.   ** FAILED - We have NONE.

A Top 10 finish - 2 times every 10 years.  ** FAILED - The last one of these was 1983 (What the ???)

In general, how about a football program that actually has significance in the college football world.   We don't. We're a freaking joke.  We don't matter............

aka PlanoHog

cityhog

The same things that hold you back, you egalitarian.  What makes you always right?  Certainly not a strong attachment to sufficiently knowing the facts and working an argument from every angle.  What happened to all those rosy and optimistic posts you assume you have (but never have) posted to the board?  You are just a tornado of contrarian proportions.

Oh, snap!  2 two dollar words in one post!

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: hogsanity on October 07, 2005, 09:51:56 am
I am sure this hits the vent or feuds in about 30 seconds but there are at least 4500 on Hogville alone. Many of you think you could do better than HDN. Yet you are here, posting on some internet message board? So what held you back?

I haven't noticed many (if any) people saying that they personally could coach better than Nutt.  Rather, many of us feel that there are a number of qualified coaches that could do a better job.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Hog Bounty Hunter

October 07, 2005, 04:56:33 pm #12 Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 04:58:43 pm by Hog Bounty Hunter
Quote from: hogsanity on October 07, 2005, 09:51:56 am
I am sure this hits the vent or feuds in about 30 seconds but there are at least 4500 on Hogville alone. Many of you think you could do better than HDN. Yet you are here, posting on some internet message board? So what held you back?

4501 if you count Houston Nutt, he will be available very soon.

I am sure I could do a better job than Nutt and I have never coached football at any level. If I just showed up and did nothing, said nothing and collected my check I would have a more positive impact than Nutt.