Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo Asks the Question! Do You Still Think Arkansas is Going to a Bowl Game?

Started by Big_D, October 07, 2005, 07:24:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Big_D

Is Bo Mattingly going Nutts or what.

Can he even be serious asking a stupid question like that.

Post your thoughts on this lunatic question.

I say we don't have a chance in hell  l!!!!!!!, and that is the end of that.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Big_D on October 07, 2005, 07:24:46 am

I say we don't have a chance in hell l!!!!!!!, and that is the end of that.

I say you have already given up!

Are you a "quitter" in all aspects of your life?

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Sound the Horns

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 07:27:38 am

No, he is just realistic in all aspects of life. Get a clue, we don't deserve a bowl game regardless of what we do from this point on.

GrizzledHogFan

My thoughts on that question are:  1. Bo still hasn't made it to rehab  2. Not a chance
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Big_D

No, not a quitter at all, in fact a very successful business owner, but also not a pie in the sky, "we're just about there , we are getting ready to turn it around" , drink the koolaid guy either.

A realist is what I am  , what are you smoking to think what you see presented to us on that field is going to a bowl game.

Present your argument for us going to a bowl game, other than "I Believe, I am a Razorback to the end , I just think we are going to turn it around". All that and 5 cent will get you a cup of coffee.

Hog Bounty Hunter

No Bo, quit believeing everything the Nutt tells you. We will not go to a bowl game. 

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Sound the Horns on October 07, 2005, 07:32:01 am

No, he is just realistic in all aspects of life. Get a clue, we don't deserve a bowl game regardless of what we do from this point on.

There were people who thought it wasn't "realistic" for people to leave Europe, stand up against their old government and establish a new country.  It certainly wasn't people like you who led and settled this great country.  It wasn't "realistic!"

There were people who thought it wasn't "realistic" for people to fly through the air faster than the speed of sound, walk on the moon, or do a multitude of things we take for granted in our daily lives.

You and your "realism" don't create anything but a pile of dung.

If our world depended on people like you, and your "realism" we would still be back in the Stone Age!

Big_D

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 07:45:39 am

There were people who thought it wasn't "realistic" for people to leave Europe, stand up against their old government and establish a new country. It certainly wasn't people like you who led and settled this great country. It wasn't "realistic!"

There were people who thought it wasn't "realistic" for people to fly through the air faster than the speed of sound, walk on the moon, or do a multitude of things we take for granted in our daily lives.

If our world depended on people like you, and your "realism" we would still be back in the Stone Age!

You bring out my point, All those things you mentioned were possible, Arkansas goint to a bowl is NOT!!!!!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Big_D on October 07, 2005, 07:34:19 am

No, not a quitter at all, in fact a very successful business owner, but also not a pie in the sky, "we're just about there , we are getting ready to turn it around" , drink the koolaid guy either.

A realist is what I am , what are you smoking to think what you see presented to us on that field is going to a bowl game.

Present your argument for us going to a bowl game, other than "I Believe, I am a Razorback to the end , I just think we are going to turn it around". All that and 5 cent will get you a cup of coffee.

Your 5 cent cup of coffee comment shows how out of touch with reality you are.

You say we don't have a chance in hell of making a bowl game? That is ludicrous. You simply don't know that for sure yet.  Your comment and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee in some places too.

You think Robert Johnson has reached his potential after 4 games?  I say there is a good chance he will continue to improve throughout the year, as will a lot of our other guys.

IMO, the Auburn game will tell the tale as to our chances of qualifying for a bowl game.  To say we don't have a "chance in hell" is ludicrous and uninformed.

Sure hope our players have quit like you have.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Big_D on October 07, 2005, 07:49:05 am

There were people who thought it wasn't "realistic" for people to leave Europe, stand up against their old government and establish a new country. It certainly wasn't people like you who led and settled this great country. It wasn't "realistic!"

You bring out my point, All those things you mentioned were possible, Arkansas goint to a bowl is NOT!!!!!

And you sir know not whereof you speak.

There are people on here whose opinions are respected who have presented the case that Arkansas could wind up with 6 or 7 wins.

Maybe it won't happen, but to say it's not possible is preposterous, and quite frankly, sickening!

HairyHog

Bowl for the Razorbacks?  What has Bo been smoking?   I have heard, however, that they may be in the Class AA state playoffs.

Big_D

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 07:54:54 am

There are people on here whose opinions are respected who have presented the case that Arkansas could wind up with 6 or 7 wins.

Maybe it won't happen, but to say it's not possible is preposterous, and quite frankly, sickening!

7 Wins,  now you really are losing it.

Find the person who says we will end up with 7 wins and let us drum them out of Hogville. You must not have had your cup of coffee this morning.

Name us your next six wins for the year.

Flatline

I guess a couple of teams could forfeit and that would give us the extra wins.

kremlinhog

of course he would be orgasmic if we went to a bowl game, but we wont go to a bowl game as i define it and that would be any bowl played around january
first.
bo would actually count beautiful downtown shreveport as a bowl game.

hey, but everybody outside the state loves our coach.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Big_D on October 07, 2005, 07:59:31 am

7 Wins, now you really are losing it.

Find the person who says we will end up with 7 wins and let us drum them out of Hogville. You must not have had your cup of coffee this morning.

I am not saying that we WILL win 5 or 6 more games.  I am saying it is POSSIBLE.

The game that will tell the tale is Auburn, assuming we beat ULM.  We have a chance against Auburn.  To say we don't is simply uninformed.  After that, we are capable of beating SC, and both Mississippi schools.  It is unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility that we could pull off an upset at AThens or Baton Rouge.  Stranger things have happened.

Bet you didn't think we had a chance against OU in the 78 Orange Bowl did you? Or in Austin in 03?

Flatline

Quote from: kremlinhog on October 07, 2005, 08:03:23 am
of course he would be orgasmic if we went to a bowl game, but we wont go to a bowl game as i define it and that would be any bowl played around january
first.
bo would actually count beautiful downtown shreveport as a bowl game.

hey, but everybody outside the state loves our coach.

Fans from other schools love him because he is not coaching their team and Coaches love him because his offense is so easy to defend.  We have become one of the teams you can circle on your schedule every year.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 08:05:37 am

I am not saying that we WILL win 5 or 6 more games. I am saying it is POSSIBLE.

The game that will tell the tale is Auburn, assuming we beat ULM. We have a chance against Auburn. To say we don't is simply uninformed. After that, we are capable of beating SC, and both Mississippi schools. It is unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility that we could pull off an upset at AThens or Baton Rouge. Stranger things have happened.

I'll give you 10-1 odds that we don't go to a bowl game, either put up or shut up.  I am really getting tired of your fantasy world.

Big_D

The game that will tell the tale is Auburn, assuming we beat ULM. We have a chance against Auburn. To say we don't is simply uninformed. After that, we are capable of beating SC, and both Mississippi schools. It is unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility that we could pull off an upset at AThens or Baton Rouge. Stranger things have happened.

Will you please pick my lottery numbers for me when I buy them again?

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 08:07:19 am

I'll give you 10-1 odds that we don't go to a bowl game, either put up or shut up. I am really getting tired of your fantasy world.

Yes and I get tired of your constant BS negativity!

Hey the sun's up.  "Yes, but it's too hot!  We need rain."

Hey it's raining.  "Yes, but now it's too wet!  When will it stop?"

Your constant whining and complaining is like scratching your fingernails across a chalkboard!

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 08:10:23 am

I'll give you 10-1 odds that we don't go to a bowl game, either put up or shut up. I am really getting tired of your fantasy world.

Hey the sun's up. "Yes, but it's too hot! We need rain."

Hey it's raining. "Yes, but now it's too wet! When will it stop?"

Your constant whining and complaining is like scratching your fingernails across a chalkboard!

How much?  Put up or shut your pie hole.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 08:14:56 am
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 08:10:23 am

Hey the sun's up. "Yes, but it's too hot! We need rain."

Hey it's raining. "Yes, but now it's too wet! When will it stop?"

How much? Put up or shut your pie hole.

Where did I say that I was guaranteeing that we would win a certain number of games? 

Can you even read man?

The issue is whether or not it is "possible" to for us to qualify for a bowl game.

You don't test to high on comprehension skills do you Bounty?

Big_D

Hey TulsaHog , I'm still waiting for my lottery numbers picks.

Anyone who is as optimistic as you man, I want you to pick those numbers, Bud

idochog

It wouldnt be a complete season if HDN werent striving to get us to the Weedwacker bowl would it. 
I love Jesus!

hogginuplittlerock

No EFFING WAY-BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR-ARKANSAS STATE HAS A WAY BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING TO A BOWL THIS YEAR THAN THE HOGS DO SORRY

Big_D

Quote from: idochog on October 07, 2005, 08:25:58 am

It wouldnt be a complete season if HDN werent striving to get us to the Weedwacker bowl would it.

Did we ever go to the Poulan bowl?  Can't remember.

redsnapper

Since Bo doesn't answer our questions, why should we bother with his?

Inigo Montoya

Oh no he didn't! (snap)  Mike Irwin needs to bend Bo over his knee and whip that little midget into submission.  We aren't going to any bowl games this year.  If we are lucky we won't make ESPN's 10 worst teams list.

Sound the Horns

It is sad to see that someone is actually statisfied with struggling to make it to Shreveport and admitting that it might not even happen. The sad thing is that TULSAHOG thinks that he will prove a point if we make the weedwhacker but the fact is that it still won't change most fans opinion on Nutt.

Big_D

Quote from: Inigo Montoya on October 07, 2005, 08:48:14 am
Oh no he didn't! (snap)  Mike Irwin needs to bend Bo over his knee and whip that little midget into submission.  We aren't going to any bowl games this year.  If we are lucky we won't make ESPN's 10 worst teams list.

Oh believe it , he asked that on the show this morning.

I still say Bo is like Two Foot Fred , that little midget in the Big and Rich video's, just standing beside HDN and waving that baton to the beat.

Sound the Horns

Actually, if everyone was like you and just dealt with what they have and never did anything  to make it better than we would still be in the Stone age. Its people like me that make changes and look at the long run to make things better in the future. I'm not wanting to keep Nutt so we can win a few now to make another crappy bowl, I am willing to sacrifice a couple of seasons with a new coach to make things better down the road. Nutt has had his chance and now its time to move on. Sorry your too blind to see this.

Cajun Hog

How can they not deserve a bowl IF they turn this season around?  The key is IF   :razorback:

Big_D

For TulsaHog click on link for a dose of reality.

Are we really sure this isn't HDN after the USC game ?

http://www.czabe.com/backup/2003/Volume%205/nomora.mp3

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Creole Hog on October 07, 2005, 09:07:35 am

How can they not deserve a bowl IF they turn this season around? The key is IF :razorback:

That type of hyperbole is a common malady of the Nutt-busters. Possessing such cynicism and negativity must be a miserable way to live; having no hope.

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

or you hear them saying, "I think I can't! I think I can't!"

There is a saying, "If you believe you can, or if you believe you can't, either way you are right."

TulsaHawg

Quote from: pseudorabies on October 07, 2005, 09:15:25 am

Major flaws in your argument...First you compair people leaving europe to settle a new country to fans buying into the notion that we can still go to a bowl.  Those people had options to make things better.  Arkansas fans have no option or voice in making things better and don't say support for our team.  Supporting our team will not get those kids to line up correctly, take good angles on people, change Nutts playcalling, or get Nutt to play the best players he has.

And the biggest flaw in your argument is that out of all the examples you listed above.....NONE, NOT ONE OF THOSE THINGS LISTED LOST TO VANDY AT HOME LIKE WE DID!

The point is about believing that things which may seem impossible, are possible; otherwise, you give up, which obviously some of you have done.

What was it Jimmy V said about not giving up? It's sad that a dying man provides much more inspiration and hope than you naysayers and quitters who are still among us.

Big_D

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 09:25:54 am

Major flaws in your argument...First you compair people leaving europe to settle a new country to fans buying into the notion that we can still go to a bowl. Those people had options to make things better. Arkansas fans have no option or voice in making things better and don't say support for our team. Supporting our team will not get those kids to line up correctly, take good angles on people, change Nutts playcalling, or get Nutt to play the best players he has.

And the biggest flaw in your argument is that out of all the examples you listed above.....NONE, NOT ONE OF THOSE THINGS LISTED LOST TO VANDY AT HOME LIKE WE DID!

The point is about believing that things which may seem impossible, are possible; otherwise, you give up, which obviously some of you have done.

What was it Jimmy V said about not giving up? It's sad that a dying man provides much more inspiration and hope than you naysayers and quitters who are still among us.

Enough with all this "somewhere over the rainbow crap, dream the impossible dream crap and I think I can , I think I can crap,

I have this guy pegged and he's wearing a  shirt  pocket protector right now as we speak.........

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Big_D on October 07, 2005, 09:30:23 am

Major flaws in your argument...First you compair people leaving europe to settle a new country to fans buying into the notion that we can still go to a bowl. Those people had options to make things better. Arkansas fans have no option or voice in making things better and don't say support for our team. Supporting our team will not get those kids to line up correctly, take good angles on people, change Nutts playcalling, or get Nutt to play the best players he has.

Enough with all this "somewhere over the rainbow crap, dream the impossible dream crap and I think I can , I think I can crap,

I have this guy pegged and he's wearing a shirt pocket protector right now as we speak.........

Well, you are wrong again this morning!  Imagine that!

Actually I am getting ready to go to the gym to work out.

You have already quit, so why even bother talking about Hog football for the rest of the season?

BTW, do we have a chance against ULM?  What does your crystal ball say?

See ya!

giveittoHillis

TulsaHawg

Quote from: pseudorabies on October 07, 2005, 09:34:19 am

Believing in something is often tied into faith in someone or something. Not very many people have faith in Nutt anymore and the numbers are decreasing week by week. Just because someone has given up on a coach doesn't mean they have given up on the program.

And for the record, I BELIEVE that it would take an act of God to get us into a bowl game. Just don't see it happening. Expect the worst and hope for the best. That has been the way I have looked at season before it started.

Ok psuedo, let's take your words...it would take an act of God.....so at least you admit that there exists the "possibility".  That's what I'm saying.  Maybe we will win at least 6 games, maybe we won't, but it is possible.

What are the words of the Fight Song?  "....Arkansas will never yield...."  Don't quit! Don't give up!  Don't stop! Don't concede defeat!  Keep fighting till the end!  Make something good happen!

Big_D

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 09:39:48 am
Quote from: pseudorabies on October 07, 2005, 09:34:19 am

Believing in something is often tied into faith in someone or something. Not very many people have faith in Nutt anymore and the numbers are decreasing week by week. Just because someone has given up on a coach doesn't mean they have given up on the program.

And for the record, I BELIEVE that it would take an act of God to get us into a bowl game. Just don't see it happening. Expect the worst and hope for the best. That has been the way I have looked at season before it started.

Ok psuedo, let's take your words...it would take an act of God.....so at least you admit that there exists the "possibility". That's what I'm saying. Maybe we will win at least 6 games, maybe we won't, but it is possible.

What are the words of the Fight Song? "....Arkansas will never yield...." Don't quit! Don't give up! Don't stop! Keep fighting till the end! Make something good happen!

Don't let that pocket protector tear that shirt , now..................

Turnberry

Do you see medicority in all aspects of yours?

That was a very stupid question.
aka PlanoHog

MCPeePants

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 07:52:02 am
You think Robert Johnson has reached his potential after 4 games? I say there is a good chance he will continue to improve throughout the year..."

What do you mean "continue to improve"? He's been *regressing* ever since halftime of the Vanderbilt game.

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: Big_D on October 07, 2005, 08:51:30 am
Quote from: Inigo Montoya on October 07, 2005, 08:48:14 am
Oh no he didn't! (snap) Mike Irwin needs to bend Bo over his knee and whip that little midget into submission. We aren't going to any bowl games this year. If we are lucky we won't make ESPN's 10 worst teams list.

Oh believe it , he asked that on the show this morning.

I still say Bo is like Two Foot Fred , that little midget in the Big and Rich video's, just standing beside HDN and waving that baton to the beat.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Since 1894

Not this year - But next year, Houston will lead us back to a bowl game!!
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Ben Steiger

Most of you nut cases WANT use to not make a bowl game, have a very bad season, and etc, so you can fufill the maniac desires - FIRING NUTT!!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

HogsRule

Can I get in on that? my $10 to your $100. $20 to $200?
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

cityhog

Wow, this thread has gotten really personal.  Look, there are optimists, pessimists and realists.  Pessimists live w/ lowered expectations and are rarely disappointed because bad things are what they expect.  Optimists live w/ higher expectations and are rarely disappointed because there is always tomorrow.  And the poor realist is accussed of being a sunshine pumper by the pessimist because things might get better, and accussed of being a dark sider by the optimists because the facts are, well, facts.  I look forward to the day when we can all just cheer for the team again as the Razorback nation as oppossed to tearing one another down.  BTW, I'm a realist.

HogHeathen

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 09:22:13 am
Quote from: Creole Hog on October 07, 2005, 09:07:35 am

How can they not deserve a bowl IF they turn this season around? The key is IF :razorback:

That type of hyperbole is a common malady of the Nutt-busters. Possessing such cynicism and negativity must be a miserable way to live; having no hope.

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

or you hear them saying, "I think I can't! I think I can't!"

There is a saying, "If you believe you can, or if you believe you can't, either way you are right."

You need to come to the real world there fantasy boy, like I said put your money where your mouth is or shut your pie hole.  I am giving you an opportunity to show us what a optimist you are but you seem to chicken to take advatange of my good nature and hospitality. 

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: HogsRule on October 07, 2005, 11:15:21 am

Can I get in on that? my $10 to your $100. $20 to $200?

Yeah how much you want of it?