Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Day Predictions

Started by Razorod, January 02, 2018, 07:34:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Hogs vs. MSU in the first road trip of the SEC schedule.

I think Hogs take a tough, hard fought game--Hogs 78- MSU 72
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

gmarv54

Pork Ranger

How do we match up with them?

All I know is MSU hasn't played anyone close to the intensity level if the Hogs. I think we win by 8

davril98

Hogs wear them down late.  82-75

redleg

Looking at Miss St's schedule, the only good team they have played so far is Cincinnati, and that is their only loss (by 15). MSU has beaten a bunch of nobodies so far (to include UALR), with the possible exception of Dayton, and the Flyers aren't that great this year.   
Beating the Bulldogs in The Hump won't be easy, but if the Hogs can somehow take their Bud Walton game on the road, they should be able to win this one.
Hogs - 87
Dogs - 79

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

FineAsSwine

This game will be close and we will probably go into the locker room at the half trailing by 4 or 5 points but I think we get control of this one late and eke out a win 89 - 84.
Hogs up! Covid down!

lynbug

It's a road game so it could go either way.  And we need to be prepared for that reality.  Remember....split on the road and we have seven more road games after tonight.  Just my perspective.

HF#1

Arkansas 75
Clanga 70

Rough ride type game.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Springfield_MO_Razorback

81-74 Hogs. Close game till the end and we pull away late. Be nice if we could shoot above 70% from the line tonight.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HF#1 on January 02, 2018, 10:10:08 am
Arkansas 75
Clanga 70

Rough ride type game.

Beats a smooth walk. ;)
Hogs up! Covid down!

lynbug

I know it's early but I can't remember a recent season where we started conference play tied with Kentucky for 1st place.  This just might be another year similar to the early 90's.

lynbug

Quote from: Springfield_MO_Razorback on January 02, 2018, 10:17:30 am
81-74 Hogs. Close game till the end and we pull away late. Be nice if we could shoot above 70% from the line tonight.
Yeah, or at least keep the ball in Macon's hands if it's a tight game late.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: lynbug on January 02, 2018, 10:22:38 am
Yeah, or at least keep the ball in Macon's hands if it's a tight game late.

Him or Barford. 

Roadhog82

91-75 Arkansas. I think we start pulling away in the second half

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

SouthTulsaHog

Line is already down from Arkansas - 3 to -1.5. Suggests some pretty sizeable $$ coming in on the Bulldogs...

CPO Hog

Home cooking will spot the Bulldongs 10 to 12.
Hogs win it late on FT 85-79

razorpimp

I think the Hogs get mauled by MSU in their place and the refs steal the game from the Hogs.

MSU 78 - 70

hawgball40

davril98

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 02, 2018, 11:11:53 am
Hogs 102
Dogs 63
Wonder when the last time a Ben Howland team gave up 100

TM Hog

The Hogs have always struggled at "The Hump". The ref's seem to take control in these games for the Hogs. Sigh.

RaisinHog

Quote from: davril98 on January 02, 2018, 11:18:35 am
Wonder when the last time a Ben Howland team gave up 100

I wonder when the last time we held anyone too 63 lol

Razorod

Quote from: lynbug on January 02, 2018, 10:08:13 am
It's a road game so it could go either way.  And we need to be prepared for that reality.  Remember....split on the road and we have seven more road games after tonight.  Just my perspective.
Very true. We have eight more after tonight. Seven more after this week.

According to this site: https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/arkansas-razorbacks/projections, MSU, by the numbers, is our second "easiest" road game. Ole Miss and LSU are the most and third most likely road wins, followed by UGA. In each of these games, our odds are decent for a win. Against Bama, AU, Mizzou and even Fla we are in a toss-up game. Only game we're not given much of a shot to win is at A&M.

Be nice to win the four that we should win and split the four toss-up games. Then, even with a "likely" loss at A&M we'd still finish 6-3 on the road. Couple that with either 8-1 or 9-0 at home and we'll be in great shape come SEC tourney time.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Jborohog09

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 02, 2018, 11:21:50 am
I wonder when the last time we held anyone too 63 lol

Held Samford to 56, UConn to 67, CSU to 66, Troy to 63, ORU to 69, and CSUB to 68.  None are great teams, but still.

RaisinHog

Quote from: Jborohog09 on January 02, 2018, 11:46:28 am
Held Samford to 56, UConn to 67, CSU to 66, Troy to 63, ORU to 69, and CSUB to 68.  None are great teams, but still.

Ok I was exaggerating a bit ... Lol

ceegar

MSU 79  Hogs  75  Bad Night for Hogs I'm afraid
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Hawg Red

I'm viewing road games, at best, as 50/50 this season. So I'm not making a prediction here. Don't have a great feel on MSU, either, since their schedule has been so soft, but I do figure they'll be improved. I see the Hogs winning 4-5 SEC road games this season based on talent and how the team has played so far. I've learned now from the past not to get caught up in which road games we should win (example: Missouri last season). I don't really have a take so I'm just hoping for a win and thinking it'll all shake out to where the Hogs win 4 or 5 on the road.

Maybe after I've seen a little more league play and the Hogs on the road I'll make a prediction.

arkansas proud77

miss st. gave up 81 to north florida.  They scored 59 in a sqeakbuy win against jax state.  It will be a beat down.  102-77

Snout team

Hopefully Mississippi State continues to struggle in scoring and turnovers. 
Hogs 79-68
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

bphi11ips

Hard for me to expect a win in Starkville.  Anyone know how many we've won there in SEC play?

MSU beat the Hogs last year in Fayetteville and return almost everyone.

Hogs shot 34% at Houston and generally don't shoot well in Starkville.

Barford and Macon give us a chance anywhere, anytime.  Hope Gafford can get 20 solid minutes. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

claycohog

82 Dogs
71 Hogs

Can't get The Hump and Houston game outta my mind...

Adam Stokes

Here's how our RPI will look without any other factors (how other teams/non-con perform tonight.) Since MSU has a great record we have much more to gain tonight than we have to lose, though I still feel like this is a game we should win.

Current Hogs RPI

RPI: 4
SOS: 11

If we win:

RPI: 2 (#2-#4 would be within hairs of each other, right now the gap between us and #3 is the same as our gap with us & #9.)
SOS: 8

If we lose:

RPI: 6 (could drop as low as 10, as the 5-10 teams are all close)
SOS: 7

Jeff Sagarin's PREDICTOR has us at 6 point favorites with a 70% chance of winning.

I think this'll be an ugly road win. They played well in the 2nd half of their last game, so I wouldn't even feel safe with a lead going into halftime as you normally would with this Hogs team. This is a game we should win, but won't be surprised in the least if we slip up.

Hogs 80, MSU 73

Hogeye_Pierce

Last time we played them, we lost by 8 AT THE BUD.

Sorry, Moo State 80 Hogs 70.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

GeekHog

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on January 02, 2018, 01:32:39 pm
Last time we played them, we lost by 8 AT THE BUD.

Sorry, Moo State 80 Hogs 70.

...and that has to do with this year, how?

Hawg Red

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 02, 2018, 01:08:56 pm
Hard for me to expect a win in Starkville.  Anyone know how many we've won there in SEC play?

2-2 under Anderson in Starkville. -2 tonight.

The Hogfather

I am worried we might go 0-2 this week.  After that tough game Saturday, it might be hard for us to expend the energy necessary to win in Starkville.  Then, I actually think Auburn is better than Mississippi State.  They are so athletic.  I know we are a different team this year, but this looks like a really tough week.  I hope I'm wrong.

Nickle-Pig

Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

HawgsPolo

Hogs pay them back from last season and win by 6
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on January 02, 2018, 10:29:13 am
97-70 MSU
I'd bet everything I own that MSU doesn't score 97 or more.

b-ball coach

Letsroll1200

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

1highhog

Quote from: CPO Hog on January 02, 2018, 11:06:13 am
Home cooking will spot the Bulldongs 10 to 12.
Hogs win it late on FT 85-79

Egads this scares me!!  We win by making free throws, on the road?  Please do not let it come down to this.  Hogs pull out a tough road game not playing their usual style, 77-72.

Atlhogfan1

5 - 7 pt win, something in the 70s like pretty much everyone else is predicting.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

alohawg

I made no prediction against Tenn and that went well so think I'll do the same and just say go hogs!!!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 02, 2018, 01:08:56 pm
Hard for me to expect a win in Starkville. Anyone know how many we've won there in SEC play?

Hogs shot 34% at Houston and generally don't shoot well in Starkville.

Barford and Macon give us a chance anywhere, anytime.  Hope Gafford can get 20 solid minutes.

We are 7-20 at The Hump in SEC play.