Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Afghanistan time for me

Started by mj4president, October 02, 2009, 12:19:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

It all starts tomorrow. Well, training for it. To me it starts since I'm leaving home. Will do some stuff in Arkansas and Wisconsin for about 3 months and then Afghanistan for at least 10. I'm a medic and this is my first go around. Hope all will be well. I'll have an internet card in the states, I will be on but not near as much as I used to. Probably a good thing.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

SteveInArk

Best of luck on the deployment....  stay safe and get on from overseas if you get the chance.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Ragnar Hogbrok

If you're ever Jalalabad-way, look me up.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Fatman

You are in my prayers. My daughter is in Iraq now as a medic!! She was first on the scene on 9-19 for a chopper crash. Please be safe and know that I consider you a true hero!!

mj4president

Thanks all, already feeling homesick though.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

hogginbama

mj4,

Be safe and take care of the troops and yourself. The prayers of my family and I will be with you daily. Hope your trip to Wisconsin doesn't get too cold. I am currently up here in Madison, WI as a 1SG for a recruiting company and the temp today was 55 and rain. If you need a fellow hog fan to help you with anything let me know, I have some guys up in the Fort McCoy area and I have no problem making calls for folks.

My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

camden5r

Thank you for your service and be safe.