Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Jack*** stole

Started by 1highhog, October 29, 2009, 08:37:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

Yesterday was my day to go out and walk our land, refill our feeders, and check our cameras.  Some jerk had come through and stole one of them.  We have a good idea of who it was and we reported in to the cops.  I don't know if that will do any good, but from now on, we're using infrared cameras and hiding them watching our other cameras.  I think I'll take more satisfaction is catching the thief than in what deer I'm seeing now.  I hate a thief!

deshahawg

1highhog

That's when I'd like to have a load of rock salt and sting the fool out of someone's backside.

clutch

I had one of my stands stolen over the summer. It was my favorite stand too. I did get a little satisfaction out of the fact that there is no way anybody got that thing out any othere way than carrying it. It was to grown up and the ice storm took down to many big trees and limbs to get a 4 wheeler back to it. It was a heavy stand too. So at least I know they had one hell of a time trying to get it out.

farmhawg

That's what accidental gun shots are for.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

twistitup

I had my stand stolen last year. Second one in three years.

I still wish I would have caught him taking it down, only one of us would of left the woods standing.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Mitch C

DeltaBoy

Nothing worse than a theif.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kodiak

Quote from: 1highhog on October 29, 2009, 08:37:13 am
I think I'll take more satisfaction is catching the thief than in what deer I'm seeing now.
True !
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

gotyacovered

i went to climb in an ole man (climber) last year (on private land), it is close to a deer lease. and when i got in it i noticed the foot straps looked/felt funny (it was dark), anyway i got up the tree and when it got light was able to see where someone cut my the straps almost all the way thru... which wasn't the bad part. they had also cut the strap that connects the top and bottom pieces together and removed them... so some jacka$$ was hoping the foot straps would break and the bottom piece would fall to the ground and i would fall. i now carry it in and out when i hunt this place... and pack my glock...

when i got back to my car i went to their deer camp and put the remainder of the foot straps on the only two vehicles under the windshield wipers so hopefully they would think i knew who did it... if they even saw it.
You are what you tolerate.

clutch

Quote from: gotyacovered on November 02, 2009, 01:11:40 pm
i went to climb in an ole man (climber) last year (on private land), it is close to a deer lease. and when i got in it i noticed the foot straps looked/felt funny (it was dark), anyway i got up the tree and when it got light was able to see where someone cut my the straps almost all the way thru... which wasn't the bad part. they had also cut the strap that connects the top and bottom pieces together and removed them... so some jacka$$ was hoping the foot straps would break and the bottom piece would fall to the ground and i would fall. i now carry it in and out when i hunt this place... and pack my glock...

when i got back to my car i went to their deer camp and put the remainder of the foot straps on the only two vehicles under the windshield wipers so hopefully they would think i knew who did it... if they even saw it.

Thats one sorry individual who would do something like that to another hunter. They could have caused some serious injury to you. And being out in the middle of the woods there is a good chance it would be a while before somebody found you.

gotyacovered

Quote from: clutch on November 02, 2009, 03:23:27 pm
Thats one sorry individual who would do something like that to another hunter. They could have caused some serious injury to you. And being out in the middle of the woods there is a good chance it would be a while before somebody found you.

ya, he is a sorry person. there is no cell service out there or anything. it shook me up, thats why i am packin' at this spot now. if they are capable of doing that there is no telling what they might do if they saw me sitting in it!!!

clutch

Quote from: gotyacovered on November 02, 2009, 03:43:52 pm
ya, he is a sorry person. there is no cell service out there or anything. it shook me up, thats why i am packin' at this spot now. if they are capable of doing that there is no telling what they might do if they saw me sitting in it!!!

True. I had a guy threatin to shoot me if he caught me back on some land one time. Only problem was that it was my land lol. I wasn't to concerned about the threats at the time because I was the one that had the gun. It turned out to be just some redneck that lived next to my land and was cooking drugs out there. I called the cops when I got back to the house and we got it taken care of, but no tellin what might have happened had I not had that gun out there. He was a the definition of hillbilly. He saw my gun after he made the threats and backed off and went the other way. He came real close to getting shot. I let him finish his speech first before I pulled the gun out lol. I didn't really have to say much after that.

FATBACKHAWG

pick_DA_EAGLES

i had a ladder stand stolen last week sometime. The theives had a 4-wheeler with stock tires. They came back sunday, and i almost caught them, but they got lucky and got out before i could get around there. Its probably best i didnt catch them.

Porkys Revenge

Lots of jealous bastards out there. I found 3 fields that had the boards pulled to let all the water off my duck spots yesterday. Forget deer hunting, I'm ready to catch some scumbags...

gotyacovered

PR... That maybe one of the worst stories on this thread, I know people that spend thousands getting their land flooded...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on December 23, 2009, 10:01:45 pm
Lots of jealous bastards out there. I found 3 fields that had the boards pulled to let all the water off my duck spots yesterday. Forget deer hunting, I'm ready to catch some scumbags...

its best if you can put gates on your pipes so you can lock them.

although it shouldnt come down to this.