Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there a Big Green Egg thread?

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, April 24, 2016, 05:25:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

I cooked a bunch of boneless chicken breasts friday. I glazed several with buffalo sauce and honey and then made buffalo chicken sandwiches. Phone was dead so no pics but they were damn good.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Boarcephus

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 07, 2016, 03:59:46 pm
I'm doing grilled chicken with white BBQ sauce tonight.  Never done white sauce before, but I hear it's fantastic.  I'll report back with a review, and possibly some pics if I can.

I did crab cakes in a cast iron skillet yesterday and made a white dill sauce to pour over them.  Turned out well.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 07, 2016, 04:19:07 pm
I did crab cakes in a cast iron skillet yesterday and made a white dill sauce to pour over them.  Turned out well.

I love crab cakes. That sounds great.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Boarcephus

Quote from: PharmacistHog on August 07, 2016, 04:27:02 pm
I love crab cakes. That sounds great.

Really pretty easy.  Bought a pound of crab meat at Sam's and a box of Zatarain's Crab Cake mix.  Mixed it up and put the skillet on the egg with a little oil at about 375.  Seems I've found myself doing more and more with the cast iron skillet on the egg lately.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 07, 2016, 04:33:50 pm
Really pretty easy.  Bought a pound of crab meat at Sam's and a box of Zatarain's Crab Cake mix.  Mixed it up and put the skillet on the egg with a little oil at about 375.  Seems I've found myself doing more and more with the cast iron skillet on the egg lately.
I say it all the time, the best tool I got after I got the primo is a small cast iron skillet.  I love cooking veggies in that thing over the fire.  Mushrooms and butter with steak, all kinds of possibilities.  Tonight when I did the chicken thighs I made asparagus in the cast iron. That's the white sauced on the left and no sauce on the right.  Sorry, can't get it to flip the right direction.

As for the chicken, it was pretty darned good.  I made Bob Gibson's white sauce recipe.  It's not really something I'd do very often but it was pretty good for a change.  Made up some home made regular BBQ sauce the other day, so it made me want to experiment.  I'd say it was a success, but not a huge hit around here.

PharmacistHog

It looks good to me. My other favorite cooker is a lodge double sided griddle. It usually stays on the stove. I cook all kinds of stuff on that thing. So much so that its slick and smooth like glass.

Boarcephus

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 07, 2016, 07:52:15 pm
  I made Bob Gibson's white sauce recipe.  It's not really something I'd do very often but it was pretty good for a change.

What's in the white sauce??  I just kind of wing mine when I'm doing it for crab cakes.   It's a mayo, half and half with a dash of worcestershire, horse radish, celery salt, garlic, pepper, dill weed and whatever else I can find deal. 

Pulled(PP)pork

I cooked the family some baked potatoes and ribeyes for my bday dinner, Twas awesome!

Except for the 1st degree burn to my fingers, seriously need a platesetter thingamajiggy

PP

PorkRinds

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 07, 2016, 08:40:45 pm
What's in the white sauce??  I just kind of wing mine when I'm doing it for crab cakes.   It's a mayo, half and half with a dash of worcestershire, horse radish, celery salt, garlic, pepper, dill weed and whatever else I can find deal.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/240953/big-bob-gibsons-white-bbq-sauce-copycat/

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons water, or more to taste

I also added a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Also added dijon mustard since I saw some other recipes that added it.  Sounds pretty similar to yours but with some vinegar added.

HogPharmer

Grilled some ribeyes and lobster tails tonight for my bday. Wish I could eat like this every night!
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

Not sure why the photo is sideways... You'll just have to tilt your head. Like Shaq in that old Taco Bell commercial.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Boarcephus

Looks great!  Lobsters on the egg are easy and good.  It's about time we did it again.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 10, 2016, 06:57:00 pm
Looks great!  Lobsters on the egg are easy and good.  It's about time we did it again.

Secand time I've done them. Way too easy/good not to do it more often.

PharmacistHog

Looks good. Happy birthday. You could have invited me over earlier in the day you jerk.

HogPharmer

Quote from: PharmacistHog on August 10, 2016, 07:31:01 pm
Looks good. Happy birthday. You could have invited me over earlier in the day you jerk.

But then I'd have had to buy more beer.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on August 10, 2016, 07:34:56 pm
But then I'd have had to buy more beer.

Nothing for a high roller like you. Since I didnt get ribeye and lobster, Im stuck eating sonic onion rings. First fast food since we had the baby and that was the first time in years. My stomach doesn't like fast food. I'll probably need to take off tomorrow.

HogPharmer

Quote from: PharmacistHog on August 10, 2016, 08:57:46 pm
Nothing for a high roller like you. Since I didnt get ribeye and lobster, Im stuck eating sonic onion rings. First fast food since we had the baby and that was the first time in years. My stomach doesn't like fast food. I'll probably need to take off tomorrow.

I got a sugar momma to buy my steak and lobster.

Boarcephus

Quote from: HogPharmer on August 10, 2016, 07:30:23 pm
Secand time I've done them. Way too easy/good not to do it more often.

We generally split ours and do it this way.  Wish we had easy access to the Maine lobsters because they're simply better than the Caribbean type.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 11, 2016, 06:46:03 am
We generally split ours and do it this way.  Wish we had easy access to the Maine lobsters because they're simply better than the Caribbean type.

Mine came from somewhere in Canada. A little small but was plenty with the steaks.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on August 11, 2016, 08:35:36 am
Mine came from somewhere in Canada. A little small but was plenty with the steaks.

So they were really good, eh?

Boarcephus