Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ribeyes for my 40th birthday

Started by PharmacistHog, February 25, 2016, 10:03:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

I cut two pretty thick ribeyes off a whole ribeye I had in the frig. Rubbed down with plowboys bovine bold. Then ran temp up to 600 degrees. Dropped the steaks down on my sear grate on top of my spider down in my large egg. Came out pretty good.

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Boog41

February 26, 2016, 07:18:16 am #1 Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:32:06 am by Boog41
Looks really good Pharm. When you get the chance, will you post a pic of that sear grate so you can see it a little better?

rcopela

BR

Great job Pharm, Happy Late Birthday.... This would be a hell of a Topic page if more than about 8 of us could cook...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Boarcephus

Quote from: BR on February 26, 2016, 08:41:10 am
Great job Pharm, Happy Late Birthday.... This would be a hell of a Topic page if more than about 8 of us could cook...

LOL!!!  Have to admit that grate is interesting.  May have to look into one of those. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boog41

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 26, 2016, 08:47:03 am
LOL!!!  Have to admit that grate is interesting.  May have to look into one of those. 

I agree. I've not seen one. I have a fish fry burner set up next to my BGE and I put a skillet on it for my searing and then finish in the BGE. I definitely want to know more about the grate.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Boog41 on February 26, 2016, 09:31:48 am
I agree. I've not seen one. I have a fish fry burner set up next to my BGE and I put a skillet on it for my searing and then finish in the BGE. I definitely want to know more about the grate.

Burtons in Springdale says they have the sear grate for a LBGE for around $65.  May have to look into one before long. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boog41

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 26, 2016, 09:45:54 am
Burtons in Springdale says they have the sear grate for a LBGE for around $65.  May have to look into one before long. 

I've not been in Burton's. For some reason I always go to Straight's. I have the XLBGE, so I'll have to do some shopping it sounds like.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Boog41 on February 26, 2016, 10:34:38 am
I've not been in Burton's. For some reason I always go to Straight's. I have the XLBGE, so I'll have to do some shopping it sounds like.

I called Straights and the lady I spoke with didn't really know what I was talking about but said they had several different grates.  One thing about Burton is they are not cheap. I may swing by tomorrow and take a look.  Might be a nice addition to the egg. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 25, 2016, 10:03:02 pm
I cut two pretty thick ribeyes off a whole ribeye I had in the frig. Rubbed down with plowboys bovine bold. Then ran temp up to 600 degrees. Dropped the steaks down on my sear grate on top of my spider down in my large egg. Came out pretty good.

Looks awesome !!! Happy 40th. Welcome to yearly prostate exams and gradual lowering of your testosterone level. After I'm convicted of murdering any number of inbred Dale Jr NASCAR fans my last meal will consist of a bucket of KFC and a 16 oz Ribeye seasoned with Cavenders.

HawgWild

PharmacistHog

Thanks everybody. It was a great birthday. Im at my camp this weekend so dont have much signal. If yall can wait til sunday or monday I'll post links for that grate and spider. Please dont pay 60 bucks for one.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

DadVader1

Looks great PharmacistHog!  Happy 40th!

DDD

For you guys looking for a grate for your grills here is a option. They are a little pricey but I have had a set for 5 years and they still work great and if something were to happen to them I would buy a replacement tomorrow. You can check them out at www.grillgrates.com.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DDD on February 26, 2016, 08:54:26 pm
For you guys looking for a grate for your grills here is a option. They are a little pricey but I have had a set for 5 years and they still work great and if something were to happen to them I would buy a replacement tomorrow. You can check them out at www.grillgrates.com.

No. Just no.

DDD

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DDD on February 27, 2016, 07:31:34 am
And why do you say no?

I was teasing you. My bad. Should have put a smiley face.

PharmacistHog

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-8834-Gourmet-System-Grate/dp/B0044ERTDY

http://ceramicgrillstore.com/large-big-green-egg/spider/

Thats my setup. I also have a woo that my tegular grid sits in. I use the spider and a ceramic stone for heat deflector instead of plate setter.

DeltaBoy

Belated Happy Birthday and I know you ate well.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bigstyx

Happy Belated Birthday and Thanks for the link!! At $35, it'll be here in 2 days with Amazon Prime.