Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frustration Is Running High

Started by JIMMY BOARFFETT, November 06, 2015, 02:16:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I wait all year for the time period from the last week in October until gun season to spend as much time as possible in a tree bow hunting.  This is always the time when rutting activity picks up and even peaks some years around here.

I spend time and good money preparing food plots, putting up stands just to be ready for this brief time period each year.

Over the years, I've encountered all kinds of challenges from weather, to trespassers, to the occasional deer dog running across my place.  These, while frustrating, are usually short termed and with a little diplomacy are nearly always taken care of promptly.

For four days in a row, a new neighbor's beagle has ruined the morning hunts and one of the afternoon hunts.  I've called and the neighbor says he will take care of it....well, I'm still waiting.  This dog is not a hunting dog per se,  he is the neighbor kid's pet.

The primary focus this year is an eight point that has about a 20" spread.  He was extremely active up until Sunday, but now appears to have gone nocturnal.  In fact, all the deer activity seems to have gone nocturnal.

I've got to get that dog corralled or things won't settle down for a normal hunt.  What's worse, my 13 year old grandson is coming tomorrow for the youth hunt. 

I'm frustrated. 

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

theFlyingHog

If that dog comes in range, you stick it. "No, I haven't seen your dog"

IronHog

There are different levels of escalation to deal with such problems.

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

tophawg19

catch him and pen him up for a few days
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: IronHog on November 06, 2015, 03:31:17 pm
There are different levels of escalation to deal with such problems.

Exactly. Especially in this case.

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 06, 2015, 04:42:31 pm
catch him and pen him up for a few days

That's kinda the direction I'm leanin', or at least, catch him and take home and tie him to the front door.

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

BallHog1

I've hunted my whole life and faced the same situation before, but frankly Boarfett, this just sounds made up to me....

JIMMY BOARFFETT

November 11, 2015, 03:56:21 pm #7 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:40:21 pm by JIMMY BOARFFETT
Quote from: BallHog1 on November 11, 2015, 01:22:44 pm
I've hunted my whole life and faced the same situation before, but frankly Boarfett, this just sounds made up to me....

http://vid87.photobucket.com/albums/k129/PIGHEDED/IMAG0008_zpss7olykyc.mp4

http://vid87.photobucket.com/albums/k129/PIGHEDED/IMAG0004_zpsbbcwfe9n.mp4

http://vid87.photobucket.com/albums/k129/PIGHEDED/IMAG0008%202_zpsff7a57ea.mp4

http://vid87.photobucket.com/albums/k129/PIGHEDED/IMAG0006_zpshloblxzp.mp4

Be sure to check the links, particularly the last one.

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

theFlyingHog

If your neighbor won't do anything, you need to. Maybe sticking the dog is too much but with you going so far as to plant food plots this is no small matter.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I'm beginning to think my neighbor is BallHog1.

theFlyingHog

I'll come take care of the dog issue if you let me take a doe

BallHog1

That third picture looks like OTR....

JIMMY BOARFFETT

DeltaBoy

Catch and pen up the dog or shoot it.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rzbakfromwaybak

At this point, whatever happens to the dog (temporary or permanent) is the neighbors fault.  He was told of the problem & hasn't done what he said he would do, to remedy the situation.  Just take care of it yourself.... if you don't, it will probably be the same thing next season.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

SultanofSwine

Conibear covered with kibbles and bits.

IronHog

So has the neighbor killed the deer yet?

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Not that I know of.  My grandson killed a nice buck on youth Saturday and I killed one yesterday.  The one in the video is still out there as far as I know.  It's been quiet dog wise too.

BallHog1

I got tired of all the complaining on here and locked the dog up in the laundry. That doesn't mean I'm gonna stop peeing around your ladder stand though....

theFlyingHog

I know his processor and had 'em swap his venison for dog meat.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: BallHog1 on November 19, 2015, 10:35:53 am
I got tired of all the complaining on here and locked the dog up in the laundry. That doesn't mean I'm gonna stop peeing around your ladder stand though....

Yeah, and my trail cam captured it all.  It looks to me like you had a hand full of nothing with water running out of it.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 19, 2015, 01:51:17 pm
I know his processor and had 'em swap his venison for dog meat.

I wonder what beagle tastes like?

JoeyCapital

What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

JIMMY BOARFFETT

JoeyCapital

What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

IronHog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 19, 2015, 07:45:30 am
Not that I know of.  My grandson killed a nice buck on youth Saturday and I killed one yesterday.  The one in the video is still out there as far as I know.  It's been quiet dog wise too.

Glad it's got better.

Been there.....I always just ignore the dogs but it's hard sometimes.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: IronHog on November 19, 2015, 09:09:43 pm

Glad it's got better.

Been there.....I always just ignore the dogs but it's hard sometimes.

You could always call in Delta Force, he's a silent dog assassin.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

BallHog1

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 19, 2015, 07:52:47 pm
Yeah, and my trail cam captured it all.  It looks to me like you had a hand full of nothing with water running out of it.
Oh heck....that was good.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 19, 2015, 07:45:30 am

Wouldn't be surprised if Delta Boy has that dog.  He hasn't been able to get Wayne's squirrel dog......so maybe he caught this dog & is gonna try to make a squirrel dog out of it. ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on November 22, 2015, 11:28:44 pm
Wouldn't be surprised if Delta Boy has that dog.  He hasn't been able to get Wayne's squirrel dog......so maybe he caught this dog & is gonna try to make a squirrel dog out of it. ;)
He may have shot the damn thing. He seems to have a thing for that.

oldman1015

Quote from: golf2day on November 23, 2015, 07:29:38 am
He may have shot the damn thing. He seems to have a thing for that.
he can't chase them. his feet hurt.
Arkansas, the left lane state.