Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas is in the hunt for another top Texan (OSU lean)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 16, 2005, 02:15:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

March 16, 2005, 02:15:40 pm Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 03:12:48 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
His name is Orie Lemon 6'2 220 4.5 and he is listed as one of the top 100 players in the Nation.  He plays QB for his H.S. in Houston but is listed as a Athlete / Outside linebacker in college.  Last season he tallied 22 total touchdowns, 1,603 yards.  Reggie Herring go gettem  ;) by the way I found a old article on him: http://www.herald-coaster.com/articles/2004/11/22/sports/sports02.txt

Also here is a list of the top players in Texas - http://www.5atexasfootball.com/superlist.htm
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

linebacker #15

March 16, 2005, 06:54:38 pm #1 Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 03:47:26 am by ImHogginIt
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 16, 2005, 02:15:40 pm
His name is Orie Lemon 6'2 220 4.5 and he is listed as one of the top 100 players in the Nation.  He plays QB for his H.S. in Houston but is listed as a Athlete / Outside linebacker in college.  Last season he tallied 22 total touchdowns, 1,603 yards.  Reggie Herring go gettem  ;) by the way I found a old article on him: http://www.herald-coaster.com/articles/2004/11/22/sports/sports02.txt Also here is a list of the top players in Texas - http://www.5atexasfootball.com/superlist.htm

Yep that is right he is a touch kid he was on the same team with Tyrell and he has a little brother name Eli who is a speedy back also. Hopefully I can take to him and convince him to come up there with Tyrell.

pioneerhog

Quote from: mama graham on March 16, 2005, 06:54:38 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 16, 2005, 02:15:40 pm
His name is Orie Lemon 6'2 220 4.5 and he is listed as one of the top 100 players in the Nation. He plays QB for his H.S. in Houston but is listed as a Athlete / Outside linebacker in college. Last season he tallied 22 total touchdowns, 1,603 yards. Reggie Herring go gettem ;) by the way I found a old article on him: http://www.herald-coaster.com/articles/2004/11/22/sports/sports02.txt Yep that is right he is a touch kid he was on the same team with Tyrell and he has a little brother name Eli who is a speedy back also. Hopefully I can take to him and convince him to come up there with Tyrell.
Also here is a list of the top players in Texas - http://www.5atexasfootball.com/superlist.htm
Try your best Mama Graham, we would all like him being here.

The_Bionic_Pig

March 17, 2005, 02:16:08 am #3 Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 03:55:59 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
QuoteMama Graham Yep that is right he is a touch kid he was on the same team with Tyrell and he has a little brother name Eli who is a speedy back also. Hopefully I can take to him and convince him to come up there with Tyrell.

That would be awesome!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

mossfan3

linebacker #15

Quote from: mossfan3 on March 17, 2005, 01:02:00 pm
Go for it Mama Graham.
I`m gonna give it my best shot. But the coaches need to stay on top of him also and show him as much attention as possible to show him they really want him. Don`t back down off of him to give Texas a shot at him.

The_Bionic_Pig

March 17, 2005, 09:44:33 pm #6 Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 09:55:33 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
From what I've read Mary Smallwood is a very inspirational peice of the puzzle and makes sure her sons are very well grounded. Her son's being Oscar Smallwood (Who played at Texas Tech) Current recruit "OC" (<- Orie Lemon's nickname) & the youngest Eli Smallwood.

Top 20 college football prospects from Texas:

Sergio Kindle
LB/RB
Dallas Wilson
6-3
Could star on either side of the ball.

Matt Stafford
QB
Highland Park
6-3
Strong arm and toughness remind some of John Elway.

Eddie Jones
DL
Kilgore
6-3
Nightmare for quarterbacks had 12 sacks last season.

Orie Lemon
Ath.
Houston Yates
6-0
Might be the best player out of Houston.

Sherrod Harris
QB
Arlington Bowie
6-3
Disappointing junior season can't diminish potential.

Emmanuel Moody
RB
Coppell
6-1
As a junior, he ran for 1,319 yards and scored 12 touchdowns.

Adron Tennell
WR
Irving
6-5
Averaged 21.7 yards per catch last season.

Parrish Cox
CB
Waco University
6-1
Had nine interceptions, two returned for TDs.

Taylor Potts
QB
Abilene
6-5
Threw for 2,897 yards 30 TDs and only five interceptions.

Kenny Beasley
Ath.
West Orange Stark
5-10
Has great acceleration after catching the ball.

Ugo Chinasa
DL
Richardson Berkner
6-5
Has great speed and frame to add weight.

Iann Symonette
OL
Houston St. Pius
6-9
Came over from the Bahamas Islands to pursue a football career.

Curtis Bailey
OL
Dallas Carter
6-7
Not just mammoth, but he can also move well.

Antwan Cobb
RB
Pflugerville
5-11
Nice combination of power and speed.

Danny McCray
LB/DB
Spring Westfield
6-2
Hits like a linebacker, runs like a safety.

Terrell Reese
WR
Pflugerville Hendrickson
6-4
Raw football skills, but has been dunking basketballs since seventh grade.

Robert Joseph
DB
Port Arthur Memorial
6-2
Versatile athlete can also be return man on special teams.

Trent Hines
RB
Midland Lee
6-2
Texas A&M commitment has blend of balance and speed.

Chris Stewart
OL
Klein
6-5
Also a basketball player, has great flexibility and agility.

Latreal Cooper
RB
Cuero
6-2
Missed all of last season with a torn ACL, but still highly sought.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Oklahawg

Its tough to read a lot of these kids. They'll list schools based on the latest visit to the mailbox.

However, OC has be to consider a legit recruit with Graham headed to UA. Don't underestimate Mama Graham!

Symonnette has been mentioned several times but it'll be hard to beat the perennial BCS schools for him.

We've had luck in Richardson, Waco and Houston so I see those kids as legit targets. Many of the schools on this list have a moat around it made of burnt orange or aggie maroon. Port Arthur, Cuero, West Orange...

We've not had a lot of luck, post-SWC, in Dallas proper. I wonder if inner-city Dallas is like inner-city Memphis--good talent but a lot of funny business.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Jim Harris

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 18, 2005, 01:19:36 pm
We've not had a lot of luck, post-SWC, in Dallas proper. I wonder if inner-city Dallas is like inner-city Memphis--good talent but a lot of funny business.

you wonder? ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

tophawg19

YOU DON'T MEAN [GASP ]  CHEATING IN TEXAS HEAVEN FORBID SUCH THOUGHTS .THEIR FINE CHRISTENS SMU TCU ;BAYLOR
YOU MAY HAVE A POINT .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins