Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question for Mike Irwin

Started by menace_hawg3, February 10, 2018, 09:38:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Clueless, personified.   Too harsh ???

Nashville Fan

February 17, 2018, 10:40:28 pm #101 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:03:15 pm by Nashville Fan
Bump... 😀 Don't under estimate the years of successful high school coaching and not being able to recruit. Coach Morris is accustom to getting the most out of the talent he has. Getting his best players on their worst. Should be interesting.
Pittman or Bust!

rtr

Quote from: Nashville Fan on February 17, 2018, 10:40:28 pm
Bump... 😀 Don't understand estimate the years of successful high school coaching and not being able to recruit. Coach Morris is accustom to getting the most out of the talent he has. Getting his best players on their worst. Should be interesting.

I think you are on to something or at least I hope so.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Nashville Fan on February 17, 2018, 10:40:28 pm
Bump... 😀 Don't understand estimate the years of successful high school coaching and not being able to recruit. Coach Morris is accustom to getting the most out of the talent he has. Getting his best players on their worst. Should be interesting.

Don't kid yourself. The major high school football programs still recruit the very best players and their families. Not to the extent that college football does and certainly not openly (supposed to be against the rules at the HS level), but it still happens.
Go Hogs Go!

Nashville Fan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 18, 2018, 10:53:04 am
Don't kid yourself. The major high school football programs still recruit the very best players and their families. Not to the extent that college football does and certainly not openly (supposed to be against the rules at the HS level), but it still happens.
I think good coaches get people to move to different towns in East Texas. Lot different than recruiting. Dallas - is a little different if you don't go Private. They have this UIL governance group that make both schools sign off on transfers or the player is ineligible to play and the board decides. TX does a lot more than most states to discourage recruiting.
Pittman or Bust!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Nashville Fan on February 18, 2018, 12:04:27 pm
I think good coaches get people to move to different towns in East Texas. Lot different than recruiting. Dallas - is a little different if you don't go Private. They have this UIL governance group that make both schools sign off on transfers or the player is ineligible to play and the board decides. TX does a lot more than most states to discourage recruiting.

They try in Oklahoma too. But when a parent moves their family residence from one school district into another (and that happens here), the kid gets to transfer. Some parents have been known to rent an house/apartment in a different school district and list it as their primary residence. 
Go Hogs Go!

liljo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 18, 2018, 01:05:52 pm
They try in Oklahoma too. But when a parent moves their family residence from one school district into another (and that happens here), the kid gets to transfer. Some parents have been known to rent an house/apartment in a different school district and list it as their primary residence.

That wouldn't bother me.  In renting said house/apartment, that family is bringing money into that community. This is America.  We can educate their kids. In the case of those kids that turn into great athletes, well, they'll bring yet more money in as people come to see them play.

I guess I think that is a good enough compromise to curb all-out recruiting.

All that said, I've really enjoyed the conversation in this thread. I don't know This Guy Mike like many of y'all, but thought he handled himself with a lot of class.

Hey Hogs...Get 'em!!!
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

flagstaffhog

February 19, 2018, 11:17:04 pm #107 Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:25:54 am by flagstaffhog
Some good posts in this thread. Have enjoyed reading the opinions and insight.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!