Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is your gut feeling on who's going to be the next coach here?

Started by Ben, November 21, 2017, 05:41:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Dismissing the reports and the rumors, what does your gut say on who's going to be the next head coach?
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

TexHog188

Why not just do a poll.  There are like infinity of these types of threads already.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Hollywood870

Piggie

It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

Dark Helmet Hog

buldozer

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hulk HOGan

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Leadbelly

It should be Norvell regardless of what happens in the iron bowl!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

Pecos Hog

It think the timing it could be extending to the SECCG.  If Gus wins, then things could get very interesting and we might be forced to move on to Norvell if he hasn't already accepted another job.    Norvell might want to coach in their bowl game.   You never know. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Ben on November 21, 2017, 05:41:40 pm
Dismissing the reports and the rumors, what does your gut say on who's going to be the next head coach?

Bret or paul rhoads.

IronHog

Quote from: rtr on November 21, 2017, 05:52:11 pm
I thought you were a Gus man?

Yes and no.  He'd be a huge upgrade over B.B.

REALLY like Norvell.  Big risk but possibly but poss big rewards
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Scott7703

cosmodrum

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 21, 2017, 05:45:03 pm
if bama beats auburn, gus.  If auburn wins, norvell. 

Where I'm at, but my gut also tells me it will be someone much more underwhelming.
Go away, batin'

widespreadsooie

The unexpected. A name lightly mentioned or not mentioned at all.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Lrtalk

It matters not whether Auburn beats Alabama.  Gus is the next coach.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 21, 2017, 05:59:14 pm
Where I'm at, but my gut also tells me it will be someone much more underwhelming.

That's our history.  I think it will be neither Gus nor Norvell.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Broadway Rob

Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

duckman

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

stan the man

Anyone wishing for a two year head coach on a smaller scale over a proven coach in the SEC West is not very smart

greenie

Norvell sounds too much Dorrell.  I've got to go another direction.  Gus or Leach.

TNhawgfan

I'll be pulling for bama Saturday because i hate auburn. Don't think gus is coming regardless
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Oliver

I have a weird and maybe a bad feeling that neither Gus nor Norvell will end up as our next coach

livevanguy

Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

Oliver

rhames

Quote from: Oliver on November 21, 2017, 06:20:08 pm
I have a weird and maybe a bad feeling that neither Gus nor Norvell will end up as our next coach

THEN THE COUP HAS FAILED KILL US NOW
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

longpig

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 21, 2017, 05:59:14 pm
Or worse, Bo Pelini.
Don't be scared, be smart.

shanewayne

Gotta be Campbell  price is high on a buyout  but who actually knows
The decisions that you make today WILL affect you for the rest of your life.

PorkSoda

Gus is who I think they will go after, but that is a long shot

if it follows our historical pattern, it will be someone not mentioned as a possibility. 

so "none of the above" is my gut feeling.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

moses_007

Used my FBI skills to do a thorough investigation.  Definitely Gus.

nwahogs

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Boardon Hamsay

His name hasn't been mentioned yet. GOBN has their wishlist guy but Steinmetz is the Key Master and the Gate Keeper at the moment. It's gonna be interesting to see if the GOBN get their "Arkansas ties" wishes or if Delta continues to live in carpetbagger hell. I sense one of each. Just a question of will the AD or the coach be the "Arkansas ties" guy?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

swineology

Quote from: Ben on November 21, 2017, 05:41:40 pm

Skip Holtz

nwahogs

moses_007

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 21, 2017, 06:34:35 pm
His name hasn't been mentioned yet. GOBN has their wishlist guy but Steinmetz is the Key Master and the Gate Keeper at the moment. It's gonna be interesting to see if the GOBN get their "Arkansas ties" wishes or if Delta continues to live in carpetbagger hell. I sense one of each. Just a question of will the AD or the coach be the "Arkansas ties" guy?
Coach will DEFINITELY be an "Arkansas ties" guy.  AD may be another one out from left field like Jeff Long.

moses_007

PorkSoda

Quote from: moses_007 on November 21, 2017, 06:39:34 pm
Coach will DEFINITELY be an "Arkansas ties" guy.  AD may be another one out from left field like Jeff Long.
I figured it would be the other way around.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

LZH