Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone go to the catfish hole tonight?

Started by aberium2002, January 28, 2011, 08:49:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

aberium2002

Just wondering if anyone went and how everyone looked athletic wise?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" John Heisman

BigDogHog2010

The rivals board crew has taken that place over. Hawgsports members seem to do a good job with that. Not sure if others are locked out or just not getting there early enough. My son and I drove up once and couldn't get near the place. It was packed and people waiting everywhere. We gave up and left.

Hey Super

Quote from: BigDogHog2010 on January 28, 2011, 09:05:16 pm
The rivals board crew has taken that place over. Hawgsports members seem to do a good job with that. Not sure if others are locked out or just not getting there early enough. My son and I drove up once and couldn't get near the place. It was packed and people waiting everywhere. We gave up and left.

thats awesome though
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

aberium2002

Sorry you guys didnt get in but that's a good problem to have. Thx for the info
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" John Heisman

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

SooiePigs

I got there about 30 minutes early tonight and got a table to sit at in the recruiting section.

Music City Hog

Quote from: SooiePigs on January 28, 2011, 09:29:26 pm
I got there about 30 minutes early tonight and got a table to sit at in the recruiting section.

and any updates on how it was?

SooiePigs

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 28, 2011, 09:31:48 pm
and any updates on how it was?

Lot's of cheering, and it was personalized too.  Chanting "we want (insert recruits name here)," a very loud gentlemen gave a well organized introduction as to where each recruit was from and some background info, etc.  Most of the recruits when they were introduced seemed to be loving the attention and you could tell because they'd stand up with a huge smile on their faces and wave and things like that.  It's was almost non-stop chanting the whole time, fight song, hog calls, some other made up chants, etc, etc.  I think it was a good experience for the recruits IMO.  They had new freshman as their hosts though.  I saw Daunte Carr and Luke Charpentier and some others.  Coach Horton and McGee were in attendance.

deaeterna

Which recruits were there? RD said to expect 8-9, but he only lists 5-6 on the website.

Music City Hog

Quote from: SooiePigs on January 28, 2011, 09:35:46 pm
Lot's of cheering, and it was personalized too.  Chanting "we want (insert recruits name here)," a very loud gentlemen gave a well organized introduction as to where each recruit was from and some background info, etc.  Most of the recruits when they were introduced seemed to be loving the attention and you could tell because they'd stand up with a huge smile on their faces and wave and things like that.  It's was almost non-stop chanting the whole time, fight song, hog calls, some other made up chants, etc, etc.  I think it was a good experience for the recruits IMO.  They had new freshman as their hosts though.  I saw Daunte Carr and Luke Charpentier and some others.  Coach Horton and McGee were in attendance.

sweet, thanks!  Especially interested in Brandon Alexander.   +1

SooiePigs

January 28, 2011, 09:42:57 pm #10 Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:21:41 am by SooiePigs
Quote from: deaeterna on January 28, 2011, 09:40:01 pm
Which recruits were there? RD said to expect 8-9, but he only lists 5-6 on the website.

Justus Pickett
Jervohnte Riles
Nathan Theus
Brandon Alexander
Brett Weir

I think there were more, but not exactly sure.

TrojanHog

I can't find any information on Tre Flowers, can anybody help on that one? Thanks.

SooiePigs

January 28, 2011, 09:50:37 pm #12 Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:22:10 am by SooiePigs

redeye

January 28, 2011, 09:51:48 pm #13 Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:53:37 pm by redeye
Quote from: TrojanHog on January 28, 2011, 09:47:24 pm
I can't find any information on Tre Flowers, can anybody help on that one? Thanks.

Same here. Could it be Sedrick Flowers?

Nevermind. I was a little late.

Thanks for the report!

Sun Tzu Tusk U aka John Everett

"...and with my eyes closed, like a cat, I play with everything I could have said." - Bernardo Soares (Fernando Pessoa) Kobeer: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvQVBp4rnmr/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

"...and with my eyes closed, like a cat, I play with everything I could have said." - Bernardo Soares (Fernando Pessoa) Kobeer: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvQVBp4rnmr/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

mossfan3

I'm surprised he was brought in after we told Tabb and Van Der Wal that we are full.........

JackJohnson

Quote from: mossfan3 on January 28, 2011, 10:04:51 pm
I'm surprised he was brought in after we told Tabb and Van Der Wal that we are full.........

OK- what if we took both those guys, then Johnson, Peterson, Jackson, Roland, Edwards, Pickett, etc all committ to Ark and Barnett and Gosha don't waiver on their committ- then what?  Do we just start yanking scholarships right and left?

mossfan3

redeye

Quote from: mossfan3 on January 28, 2011, 10:04:51 pm

Not me. I think it's useless to predict what the coaches are thinking, when it comes to recruiting, and that fans are almost always wrong when they do think they understand. Put it this way; if we have all the information the coaches have to make their decisions, then what does that say about them?

Oklahawg

Quote from: redeye on January 28, 2011, 10:17:17 pm
Not me. I think it's useless to predict what the coaches are thinking, when it comes to recruiting, and that fans are almost always wrong when they do think they understand. Put it this way; if we have all the information the coaches have to make their decisions, then what does that say about them?

Man, you are so correct, but then we have no reason to visit hogville 18 times a day during January...
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Music City Hog

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 28, 2011, 10:09:49 pm
OK- what if we took both those guys, then Johnson, Peterson, Jackson, Roland, Edwards, Pickett, etc all committ to Ark and Barnett and Gosha don't waiver on their committ- then what?  Do we just start yanking scholarships right and left?

I dont think we are going tohave to worry about it.  I know Roland has reaffirmed his OSU commit.  I think Jackson has done the same with Nebraska.  Im not sure who Johnson is, if it is Mickey then he is gone to LSU.

The others we have legit shots at...and Alexander!!!

JackJohnson

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 28, 2011, 10:27:56 pm
I dont think we are going tohave to worry about it.  I know Roland has reaffirmed his OSU commit.  I think Jackson has done the same with Nebraska.  Im not sure who Johnson is, if it is Mickey then he is gone to LSU.

The others we have legit shots at...and Alexander!!!

yea, i know- that whole hindsight thingy.  at the time we let Tabb go, Peterson was coming in for a visit and Barnett was firmly committed.  At the time we let van der Wal go, Johnson was thought to be coming here due to LSU being full up.  that is my point on all of this. 

same thing that can be said about barron dixon- we just got a commit from gosha- who said he was firm.  we were obviously already in the process of lining up a visit with Alexander.  what if we would have taken him as well?

recruiting is a tough business and sometimes you have to make really difficult decisions that can come back to bite you.  and thanks to dale, we no longer have the luxury of signing them all and working it out later- you have to make those decisions on the front end- which is a lot more risky

redeye

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 28, 2011, 10:25:03 pm
Man, you are so correct, but then we have no reason to visit hogville 18 times a day during January...

lol... I didn't say we couldn't TRY to understand.

jdhogster

January 28, 2011, 10:42:50 pm #26 Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:44:59 pm by jdhogster
Quote from: poettheologian on January 28, 2011, 09:55:33 pm
Also bye bye GT scholie

Well others posted something about him being here (how they knew it was him before hearing his name called, if it was called, at the Catfish Hole??) and it was taken down immediately.  I even told some guy who posted something about Trey what happened right after I posted something about Trey, and within seconds, his post vanished too.

I think the whole scholarship thing is the reason news/posts of him visiting were gettting taken down immediately.  RD did the same thing apparently. 

JackJohnson

January 28, 2011, 10:45:46 pm #27 Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:48:21 pm by JackJohnson
Quote from: poettheologian on January 28, 2011, 09:54:50 pm
http://atlanta.sbnation.com/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets/2011/1/26/1958203/georgia-tech-recruiting-trey-flowers-commit-2011-class
Violent hitter

thanks for the link.

my gosh, the kid looks HUGE out there, and LOVES contact.  he is listed around 6-3 250.  They measure and weight them when they get to campus- i will be interested to see what his actual size is.  On the video he looks a lot bigger than that- like around 6-4 270.

he seems very instinctive, and definately arrives to the ball carrier in a bad mood.  alabama, like louisina, just continues to amaze at the depth of talent they have there.  From what i gather, they are a 4A school, so the competition should be pretty stout.

definately a nice late find by our staff- i am assuming it was Reggie Johnson, who recruits alabama

BigDogHog2010

Quote from: SooiePigs on January 28, 2011, 09:29:26 pm

Wish I could have gone up tonight. I read on another board that they needed more people so I assume there was not as big of a crowd as the time we went up there.

scruf

Looks like Weir is likely to go the Marquel Wade route.

http://bit.ly/gV1CfM

Kilgor

Call Pat a week ahead of time and make a reservation.  Let him know how pumped up to be there you are and that you're a Hog calling machine.  If you get a reservation, there will be a seat or two with your name written on a place card waiting on you.  Be there by 6:00 pm.  Don't skip out though or you'll never get a spot again.  :)
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

jdhogster

Quote from: Razorpigg on January 29, 2011, 08:27:24 am

Not sure thats very good pub for us.  Are we "snitches" now? lol

I do believe he was a kid that was trying to be hidden for this very reason. 
Last night several posts were taken down off of this site as well as RD recruiting site.
Don't know why all these other posts got to stay up (unless the person in charge of keeping them off went to bed) but word is out now.  Hope it wasn't meant to be a secret....otherwise we blew it for the kid potentially.
UNLESS he really never wanted to go to Tech in the first place....and let's face it, WHO WOULD? 
GATech/ACC<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<ARK/SEC

prodigalhawg

My view on it is, the coaches are not stupid.  If they wanted to keep his visit a secret so bad, this kid would never have made it to the Catfish Hole and been exposed to so many Arkansas fans.  Somebody was going to say something...  GA Tech was going to find out one way or another that he found his way to Arkansas this weekend.

jdhogster

January 29, 2011, 08:52:33 am #36 Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 08:54:36 am by jdhogster
Quote from: prodigalhawg on January 29, 2011, 08:43:38 am
My view on it is, the coaches are not stupid

I present Exhibit A to counter your claim:

prodigalhawg

Sorry, I thought it was pretty obvious I was talking about "Arkansas" coaches.   :P

jdhogster

Quote from: prodigalhawg on January 29, 2011, 08:54:37 am
Sorry, I thought it was pretty obvious I was talking about "Arkansas" coaches.   :P

Hey, I couldn't resist making fun of Les the Grasseater.

GaRazorbackFan

Quote from: jdhogster on January 29, 2011, 08:33:14 am
I do believe he was a kid that was trying to be hidden for this very reason. 
Last night several posts were taken down off of this site as well as RD recruiting site.
Don't know why all these other posts got to stay up (unless the person in charge of keeping them off went to bed) but word is out now.  Hope it wasn't meant to be a secret....otherwise we blew it for the kid potentially.
UNLESS he really never wanted to go to Tech in the first place....and let's face it, WHO WOULD? 
GATech/ACC<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<ARK/SEC

GT Coach Paul Johnson Informs the recruits that once they make a commitment to GT, they are committed. I really respect this from the Coach. I saw him in an interview and he said he wants men with integrity and understands what commitment means. In the past he has pulled offers from any committed GT player that went on Visits after they committed.  I am sure this recruit knows the consequences. 

TeedupHigh

As Yogi Berra once said, "Nobody goes to eat their anymore, It's always to crowed."  Catfish Hole, Good eating!

woodhog14

January 29, 2011, 01:22:09 pm #41 Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:37:15 pm by woodhog14

TulsaHawg (he posts on several boards) makes an ass of himself at the Catfish Hole...quite embarassing for hog fans actually.

BigDogHog2010

Quote from: Kilgor on January 29, 2011, 06:31:54 am
Call Pat a week ahead of time and make a reservation.  Let him know how pumped up to be there you are and that you're a Hog calling machine.  If you get a reservation, there will be a seat or two with your name written on a place card waiting on you.  Be there by 6:00 pm.  Don't skip out though or you'll never get a spot again.  :)

Thanks Kilgor! We will take the advice next time.

razorback44

Quote from: woodhog14 on January 29, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
TulsaHawg (he posts on several boards) makes an ass of himself at the Catfish Hole...quite embarassing for hog fans actually.

I have to agree with this.  Some of the stuff that guy comes up with is pretty lame.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

woodhog14

Quote from: razorback44 on January 29, 2011, 02:34:10 pm
I have to agree with this.  Some of the stuff that guy comes up with is pretty lame.

Yep! Lame AND Embarrassing...

mmhogs17

Quote from: woodhog14 on January 29, 2011, 01:22:09 pm

Yea, i have heard about his shenanigans.

Kilgor

I can see what you're saying, but he brings a lot of energy to the group and kids.  Would you prefer to just call the Hogs when they come in and be done with it?

Kilgor

BTW, Someone please give me a +1 to get me off of this God forsaken number.

SooiePigs

Quote from: Kilgor on January 29, 2011, 03:30:22 pm
BTW, Someone please give me a +1 to get me off of this God forsaken number.

gotcha.

stats33

Quote from: Kilgor on January 29, 2011, 03:29:33 pm
I can see what you're saying, but he brings a lot of energy to the group and kids.  Would you prefer to just call the Hogs when they come in and be done with it?
I would prefer he didn't show up at all. It's a little creepy/ridiculous for a 50+ year old man to act like that in front of recruits.