Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Updates on Jamal Jones and Desmond Lee

Started by -Blu, March 27, 2013, 06:18:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Anyone else heard anything on Desmond Lee?  Is he still suppose to be committing to NC State? Is he still going to take a visit to Arkansas?

Germx

Amazing all the posters on here who are so high n Madden.  Are y'all watching the same games I am?

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: Germx on April 08, 2013, 08:30:49 am
Amazing all the posters on here who are so high n Madden.  Are y'all watching the same games I am?

Yes, but our basketball IQ is just much, much lower than yours.

poloprince

Quote from: daSnake014 on April 05, 2013, 04:18:11 pm
Latest on Jamal Jones, looks like we shouldn't expect a commit next weekend.  From the sounds of the article he'll be a hog unless he just see's a huge red flag on his visit or someone else just "wows" him.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Article/Former-Searcy-standout-Jamal-Jones-talks-Arkansas-visit-124970

So you always wanted to be a Hog, now you want to wait. Hmmmm
$PoLoPrInCe$

poloprince

Quote from: azhog10 on April 04, 2013, 05:04:49 am
Baylor was an unofficial per his coach. Now he may not take his last visit, but he does still have one to use. If he does come for a visit all bets are off as far as where he goes. But we do have back up plans just in case we don't get him. Also there are some of Mickelson's relatives who are posting that Hunter will be gone by the summer. If that's the case that leaves us with a scholly to look for another shooter or grab two PG's along with Jones to finish out this class.

Mick has a chance to start at the 4 position along with Portis next season.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Breems

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on April 08, 2013, 09:12:02 am
Yes, but our basketball IQ is just much, much lower than yours.

You have to remember that the rest of us work off of a different scale than Germx. Here's a table for reference:

Terrible Awful Worthless --> Bad
Terrible --> Average
Awful --> Good
Horrendous --> Great
Horrible --> Superstar
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Germx

Lol good stuff Breems, pretty accurate

Germx

jry04

Quote from: Germx on April 08, 2013, 08:30:49 am
Says the person who used Syracuse and Michigan finishing 4th and 5th in their conferences to bash our non-conference schedule...

Aren't they in the top 4 now, with one playing for the national championship tonight?

The_Iceman

Madden had two good games to finish out the year. There are a lot of people who are interested to see how he does without BJ on the team with him.

Germx

Well Rusl I told all of you clowns Hogs wouldn't make the NCAA and they won't next year either.  And the sad thing is they play in the SEC West, one of the worst conferences in D1

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: Germx on April 08, 2013, 10:25:24 am
Well Rusl I told all of you clowns Hogs wouldn't make the NCAA and they won't next year either.  And the sad thing is they play in the SEC West, one of the worst conferences in D1

No, they don't.

jry04

SEC West isn't a conference. It is a division within a conference that does not exist in basketball anymore. Nice try, though.

The_Iceman

And the pathetic thing is, you don't realize they don't.

Dogtown Donkey

Guys, we're all just too dumb to realize the SEC still has divisions in basketball. Germx knows what's up and shouldn't ever be questioned.

jry04

Germx...

I would like to know where you predict us finishing in the SEC West next year. What teams do you see ahead of us in the SEC West next year?

PygmalionEffect

You thought SEC basketball was still divided up between East and West this year like football...

you thought that Michigan and Syracuse were overrated and not good basketball teams.....

and you don't think that Arkansas will make the tournament next year.......

thanks, that's encouraging.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Germx

Oh excuse me TOOLS, we finished 7th in one of the worst conferences in the nation, the SEC. 

Germx

When you finish 7th in the SEC and you lose your top 2 scorers you are in big trouble for next year.  You don't even want to hear my prediction for football season.  I would say over and under total 4

The_Boot_stops_here

SIAP...looks like we are out on Lee...UA wont accept one of his math classes...hasn't this crap happened multiple times in football?

cubsfan5150

QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on April 08, 2013, 01:34:48 pm
SIAP...looks like we are out on Lee...UA wont accept one of his math classes...hasn't this crap happened multiple times in football?

When I first read that, I thought you were talking about Jones (got confused with Lee College).

But, yes, that's happened before in both football and basketball (Ricardo Ratliffe).

Germx

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on April 08, 2013, 01:38:11 pm
Damn man, you're a cool guy.  Just wanted you to know that.
Thanks and well....your a Cubs fan....

jwhite_13

Danny J

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on April 08, 2013, 01:34:48 pm
Is it a UA thing or SEC thing? Either way that continues to put us at a disadvantage.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on April 08, 2013, 02:10:38 pm
Is it a UA thing or SEC thing? Either way that continues to put us at a disadvantage.

UofA
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: HoginClinton on April 08, 2013, 04:39:49 pm
Do they still not accept Ds on transfers? I think that cost Nutt a few JUCO recruits.

The curriculum was changed a couple years back. Ds are no longer accepted for basic courses. So algebra, survey of cal, finite math...all of that has to be a C or better before upper levels can be taken. And since Lee should be a junior (upper level classes), he'd have to retake algebra (if not others as well).

Considering most (if not all) of the national recruiting services didn't even bother to list us as a finalist for Lee over the past week or so, I'm not surprised that he chose NC State.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Danny J

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 08, 2013, 04:26:10 pm
UofA
Just curious what other schools we compete with accept. Seems we are handcuffing ourselves.

outlawhogeywells

Jamal Jones will be on his visit this weekend.  They will be taking him to dinner at the Catfish Hole on Friday night.  This would be similar to the football recruiting nights at Catfish Hole.  If you want to go and be part of the crowd then call the Catfish Hole and ask for Pat.  The only requirement is that if you go you need to be loud and cheer. 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Germx on April 08, 2013, 01:44:16 pm
Thanks and well....your a Cubs fan....
Which mistake was worse by Germx itt:
Not knowing the Sec did away with divisions in basketball OR
Not having much of a grasp of the English language?