Missouri 86 Arkansas 64..........Pitiful

Started by Lanny, December 01, 2006, 07:57:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Immensehog

Right close to my prediction.

Glad the weather kept Nolan on the farm.

Or it would be all over the National news- Shots of Nolan in his boots gloating.

Heath can't get it done.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

Lanny

I am shocked how badly this Razorback team looked last night.  Did they even get off the bus?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

Sow’sEar

Quote from: hSv on December 01, 2006, 07:59:45 am
I am shocked how badly this Razorback team looked last night.  Did they even get off the bus?
The Hogs' press O was horrible.  This had better improve.

Immensehog

Should'nt have.

Surely there were some old game tapes laying around the office when Heath took over.

He looked asleep at the wheel last night, also.

hogfan064

Read my Heath rant post and you know my feelings.  I'm sick of it.  I think I'm going to quit shaving until he leaves

Vinnie Hogarino

Somewhere Nolan is still grinning from ear to ear this morning.  How familiar did that offense and defense look?  Mike is 8-0, and granted, Arkansas is the first real team they've played, Mizzou has got to be happy now.  I still think we had more talent on the court, but the 18 first half turnovers killed us.

MJ2

It only took us 5 years to learn to lose like that.  Just think of where we'll be in 10 years!

Snoot

The only way to beat a team that can run or shoot is to play harder and shoot better than the other team. With "Stan the Man" last year
they didn't hustle as much as I thought they could, or shoot very good. I don't see anything different this year either.
We have bigger fish to fry in Atlanta. Basketball can wait.

Nashville Fan

I think half the state of AR can tell you how to beat MO's D. AR looked clueless. That was just poor game plan, I guess.
Pittman or Bust!

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: hSv on December 01, 2006, 07:57:21 am
Thanks Stan

I bet you Nolan is going to be in a great mood for the next week or so. ;)
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

arkahuna

Pitiful, Pitiful, Pitiful, and embarassing. I guess it takes more than recruiting afterall.

doo-ran

Immensehog

I'm not sold that we had more talent on the floor, either.

kitshicker

What was it 18 turnovers in the FIRST HALF???

arktennis

Am I the only person that remembers that, besides UNLV which was just unnaturally good, the teams that gave him trouble were the teams that slowed the game down. Nolan's game plan never was good at dealing with half-court games. I was sure Heath would attempt that last night.  Instead they tried to run as well.  And, so out of control, turned the ball over more than I thought was possible without trying. These guys have no idea how to handle the pressure and ALWAYS pick up there dribble way too early and too far away from the basket. I guess the rest of the SEC has seen what they need to take us to school this year unless Heath can teach these guys to handle the ball without throwing it away and maybe how to take a run and gun team and make them play half court.

lookinupthehill

Yeah, that hurt... and on national TV as well.  I was about to go ballistic watching all the turnovers, even the wife was disgusted.

This was like getting shot with your own gun.  I like Stan, but he has my management style:  he's too nice.  Sometimes you just have to be the "bad guy" and raise some hell!

aspivey

What happened to the Fresh Legs.............STAN
The Great Dale Divider

Immensehog

For the first time in my life.

I went to bed on the hogs.  At halftime.  I knew it was over, and it was gonna be embarrassing.

I went to bed.

It was that bad.

HoggyWood

Vincent Hunter is a turnover, bad shot, or foul just waiting to happen.

jwdento3

I found it difficult to watch the Hawgs get whooped at what I know to be "Hawg Ball."  Painful...

And I concur with Arktennis that point guard play has to go back to fundamentals -- do not pick up your dribble around a trap and 25 feet from the basket.  You just cut your "dribble, shoot or pass" option by 66%, and further by putting yourself in a trap -- now your looking for one pass outlet instead of four.
"From the start/ She knew she had it made/ Easy up 'til then/ For sure she'd make the grade/ Adorers came in hordes/ To lay down in her wake/ Gave it all she had/ But treasures slowly fade.

Now she's falling hard/ Feels the fall of dark/ How did this fall apart?/ She drinks to fill it up/ A smile of sweetest flowers/ Wilted so and soured/ Black tears stain the cheeks/ That once were so admired.

She thinks when she was small/ There on her father's knee/ How he had promised her,/ "You'll always be my baby."

"Daddy come quick,/ The dreaming tree has died/ I can't find my way home/ There is no place to hide/ The dreaming tree has died."

BPPig

Anyone who saw the makeup of this team and didn't expect some growing pains needs to rethink their understanding.

That D has confused others before and it will again. I do worry about the fact that GE seemed to think he had a bigtime stroke this game. I also have no clue what VH was thinking.

However, this was like the 4th game in a week or so. The travel was during a storm. It was the first AWAY game. The refs were also letting them play- touch fouls really hurt that system as any AR knows full well. Mainly, if MO can shoot 75% of it s threes or so then  they are going to be a national player this year. The game was really decided in the last 3 minutes of the first half.

The coaching staff is fine. They were trying to make corrections and there was serious coaching going on during the timeouts by the entire staff. We sucked and got our butts whipped. It is not a bad thing to get a good reality check right now. In BB, all revolves around March.

For all of you that mainly want to thump your chest and say' See I have been saying all along" or whatever this early season will be a good time. Most of us knew this team was on a rough road. I bet I enjoy this year more than y'all do though. :)

Macgyver Hawg

I think this game equals the Susie Gardner Arkansas State game, meaning the head coaches may not fully understand what they were walking into.  Sure they know that there is a history there but did they know it like we the fans do?  Maybe Stan has no idea of the real Mike Anderson situation.  Afterall he was left with nothing his first year and probably focused on that instead of the Nolan drama.  Add to the fact Nolan has even contacted him to give him his best wishes that might mean he let his guard down and didn't plan for this game like he should have.

We played really sloppy last night like we thought Mike didn't have the horses.  Apparently he does.

Tusks

I think the worst part is that's a patch work team by Mike Anderson.  He came in, got a few JC players to go with the existing bunch and beats a team Stan has been building for 5 years.

That is the pitiful part!
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: hogfan064 on December 01, 2006, 08:01:53 am
Read my Heath rant post and you know my feelings.  I'm sick of it.  I think I'm going to quit shaving until he leaves

Time for a hogville name change? ;)

Biggus Piggus

I am surprised you guys are overreacting like this.  Do you remember what happened the first time Nolan took the Razorbacks back to Tulsa?  We lost a game so ugly it made one wonder what was going to happen the rest of the season.  Then we were fine.  This was a bad setup for the Hogs, and they got lucky given that the snowstorm made the crowd pretty small.  Mizzou peaked like you knew they would.
[CENSORED]!

Immensehog

I'm going to quit bathing.  And live in Frank's office.

jkstock04

Quote from: machog23 on December 01, 2006, 08:30:23 am
Yep.  He was awful for most of the year last year....then towards the end of the season he actually started playing pretty solid.  Now he sucks again.  Does he honestly think he can shoot the three?  Someone on here the other day informed me that he was over 40 percent from beyond the arch...everytime I've seen him shoot from the outside the the paint its a brick.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: opineonswine on December 01, 2006, 08:37:19 am

Nice kid.....A  W  F  U  L  basketball player.  Nail his butt to the bench!

He seems to have talent (at least he shows flashes sometimes) but he just doesn't have the strength that most D1 players have, and I get the feeling he outhinks himself at times.  I think he's better used as an occasional spark from the bench, but last night Stan didn't have much choice in the 1st half.  Thomas with 2 fouls on the bench, and the only other person behind him was Michael Washington.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 01, 2006, 08:41:10 am
I am surprised you guys are overreacting like this.  Do you remember what happened the first time Nolan took the Razorbacks back to Tulsa?  We lost a game so ugly it made one wonder what was going to happen the rest of the season.  Then we were fine.  This was a bad setup for the Hogs, and they got lucky given that the snowstorm made the crowd pretty small.  Mizzou peaked like you knew they would.

Exactly, which is why I never watched it.  This was a 20-point loss from the time the game appeared on the schedule. 

Patch

First time I've turned from an Arkansas sporting event and not gone back. Keep in mind that I watched every minute of the football game against USC in '05. I really do think that I could've done a better job preparing and coaching that team last night than Heath did. Absolutly horrible.

Red Tusk

Quote from Scott Cains article today in Whole Hog sports:
Heath prepared for the press but the players didn't follow through, Patrick Beverley said.

"We didn't come out with pride," Beverley said. "That was the biggest thing. We didn't play as a team. I can bet you one thing: We won't ever get beat that bad again."

I hope he's right. Very poor showing by players and poor preparation by the coaches. They should have known before the game they would be under 40minhell all game long. I know its one thing to know and another thing to do, but that was pitiful.

Frankly, I'm tired of waiting 10 games to see a team gel under Heath. Thats what practice is for.

If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 01, 2006, 08:43:42 am

Exactly, which is why I never watched it.  This was a 20-point loss from the time the game appeared on the schedule. 

It's a 20 point loss, and this is a message board.  People are going to scream like smashed cats about a 20 point loss, especially against a team we've beaten 7 straight times.  People forget how it was like when we were on the giving end of that system, and how we would have a win like Mizzou had once a year, even if we didn't have the talent to pull it off consistently.

spudhog

good thing it was a non con.non-con and no one else in the country (i don't know why) plays like that. it was awful, we can learn but, it is not the end of the world. one loss ( a nasty one) and it is one of those losses if we played them ten times, they might win eleven. we looked like crap. it happens and lets see how the rest of the non-con goes.

Hong Kong Sooey

This is pretty much how I saw it too.  The Hogs and Stan didn't understand what they were walking into last night.  Mike was going to have his team ready for this game.  If Arkansas had managed to win this, I would have started thinking SEC Championship.  Let's learn from this (leanr to run until their tongues drag the ground if I'm the coach), and evaluate Stan at the end of year 5.  If we don't make a deep run in the tourney, I will start calling for his head.  Without the political connections Nutt has, he will be gone if he doesn't win this year.

Jim

With all these protests going on of not shaving until we get some coaches replaced, it won't be long until we all look like this:

"Everyone can tell that we're an Arkansas Fan..."

:)

Hey, to be compared to the likes of these guys, at least people would know we're dedicated to striving for the best.

WilsonHog

When Mike Anderson looked at our players last night, he didn't see "Arkansas" on the front of our jerseys. He saw, "Ya'll ****** over me and my coach."

Revenge is a dish best served cold. 

cowboym

I try not to bash players but Vincent makes it awfully hard.  When he gets aggressive he puts the ball somewhere around his knees and the tries to bring it up to somewhere around his pathetically weak shoulder but by that time the other team has it and is shooting a layup.

He has had a rash of turnovers everygame this year and they usually come in spurts of three or four.

He needs to sit until he learns how to not turn the ball over.
Cowboy M

ST

Quote from: HopelesslyDevotedHogFan on December 01, 2006, 08:46:21 am
Quote from: WilsonHog on December 01, 2006, 08:43:42 am

It's a 20 point loss, and this is a message board.  People are going to scream like smashed cats about a 20 point loss....

Technically, 22 points.

In the end, if he does well in conference and beats the likes of LSU and Bama, this game will not matter.

hogs25

There is no accountability up there anymore.

SigPig

Quote from: Immensehog on December 01, 2006, 07:58:58 am

Heath can't get it done.
I believe the administration is realizing this......finally.

jackflash

This was coach Anderson biggest game of the year. Coach Heath can do everthing possible to get his team ready. Sometime it is not you night. When teams shoot like Missouri did ,they are hard to beat.  We watch this systems for many years, it took junior and seniors guards to handle it. We all new that we where walking to a hornet nest. I want to see who has the better team in March. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HoggyWood

Quote from: cowboym on December 01, 2006, 08:55:04 am

I try not to bash players but Vincent makes it awfully hard.  When he gets aggressive he puts the ball somewhere around his knees and the tries to bring it up to somewhere around his pathetically weak shoulder but by that time the other team has it and is shooting a layup.

He has had a rash of turnovers everygame this year and they usually come in spurts of three or four.

He needs to sit until he learns how to not turn the ball over.

I agree about bashing players, I usally don't speak of any individual athletes, but Vincent had a terrible game last night. I do believe that he is a great kid, and he has talent (if not for him we lose to Florida last year), but he hasn't played well this season. I hope he can turn it around.

FAABrad

December 01, 2006, 09:19:58 am #45 Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 09:21:34 am by FAABrad
I remember back in 95 (I think it was 95 anyway) that a Nolan Richardson Arkansas team beat Mizzou by 50 points.  That same Mizzou team went on to go undefeated in the Big 12 conference and was within a coast-to-coast drive by Tyus Edney of beating UCLA in the NCAA tournament which we know went on to beat Arkansas in the championship game.  I guess I am saying the sky is not falling yet and maybe this will be some motivation for the team.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: nutted on December 01, 2006, 08:38:43 am
I think the worst part is that's a patch work team by Mike Anderson.  He came in, got a few JC players to go with the existing bunch and beats a team Stan has been building for 5 years.

That is the pitiful part!

Looks like we need to put STAN on the Nutt Bus out of Town!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

wishyjoshy

The sky isn't falling.

Stan is the same coach we have had for the last 5 years.  Nothing better, nothing worse.  He has us playing at the level of Southern Illinois and Marist.  Aren't you guys happy with that?

Another thing, If you bothered to watch the ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Wednesday night, you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there are teams playing at a much higher level than either of the two teams that played last night. 

I'm not trying to get people to accept mediocrity, I'm just trying to get you to be realistic.  I don't think Corliss Williamson and Todd Day (at their collegiate peaks) added to this Hog team would beat Ohio State with Greg Oden.

Sorry, but the truth hurts.

PiggyBack

Let me preface by saying this:  I DO NOT miss Nolan.

I really miss 40 Minutes of Hell.  Watching MO beat us that way....it just made me miss how WE used to beat teams that way.  You could have put maroon jerseys on MO last night and convinced me it was 1994.  They made us look silly.  Kudos to Mike Anderson.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Nashville Fan

I'm not calling for Stan's head. It was just embarrassing. Everyone in the state knew what to expect except Stan and the team. Seemed like when AR didn't get a few calls Stan pouted instead of sucking it up and getting the team to play on or at least getting on the refs like some coaches.
Pittman or Bust!