Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs Southern Illinois OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Started by Jim Red23, November 23, 2006, 10:40:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigyellowdog

Quote from: The Max Swineberg 7 on November 23, 2006, 11:23:07 am
"I don't think this team will miss Brewer and Modica that much."

Clay Henry on Chuck's show, right before the exhibition game.

Clay needs to patent that kool-aid.

REALTOR Hog

- GO HOGS -

Bomis Hawg

I think Thomas got #3 because he likes to shoot them.  I think the last #3's were shooters, correct me if I am wrong -- Dillard, Tatum, Ferguson.

weevilhogg

Oh my!

South_Ark_Pig

I thought Ervin was suppose to be good. 2 turnovers in 3 minutes sucks. and i dont see any improvement in hill, yea he can block a shot but my god he stil cant score or rebound

weevilhogg

also, it appears that Thomas wears #3, so Stan Heath sucks.
Oh my!

HogDodging

We look like we have no clue how to play against a strong defense.  I don't feel so bad about not renewing my basketball tickets this year.  I've had tickets since the first season of BWA.  I don't miss them.

REALTOR Hog

- GO HOGS -

Jim Red23

weevilhogg

Ervin started as a freshman at MSU.  He was a bit of an out of control player and when he left, no one cared.  He has a lot of maturing to do.  If he can do that, he'll be a fine player.
Oh my!

Bomis Hawg

Ervin might've looked good in practice, but he DID play against Arkansas in warm-ups.

He'll be fine when he gets some game play.  The rest?  Pick a name out of a hat, they might be good today.

REALTOR Hog

Dumb shot, we got lucky and made that... Last years team would've hit the open guy, It's like our new team is really young and selfish and don't want to be team they all want the ball and wanna shoot it.
- GO HOGS -

Josef

YOU GUYS NEEDA CHILL DANG. We are down 1 point with 10 minutes left to go. We are alright! CHILL!

REALTOR Hog

- GO HOGS -

weevilhogg

we're within one.

fire the SIU coach. they suck.
Oh my!

Jim Red23

REALTOR Hog

- GO HOGS -

ChicoHog

Thomas wears "3" because Beverly wanted #21.  He changed for Beverly. 

JusPiggin

FIRE STAN HEATH!!! GET RID OF STAN HEATH!!!  RUN HIS NON COLLEGE COACHING STYLE WHILE HE STILL HAS FRESHLEGS OUT OF ARKANSAS!!! i hate that people still thinks we are getting better each year  NO WERE NOT  the only reason is he pads  his schedule with cupcakes  if u don't believe it  DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!  i think we can win this game  however  it still going to be a long season!!!!

Josef

I cant believe how fast you guys are just counting out our basketball team. Pretty pathetic....

weevilhogg

SIU should be ashamed.  We have as many fg attempts as we do turnovers and SIU only has a one point lead.

Oh my!

REALTOR Hog

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 23, 2006, 11:29:37 am
Thomas wears "3" because Beverly wanted #21.  He changed for Beverly. 

That was nice of him..
- GO HOGS -

weevilhogg

Quote from: Josef on November 23, 2006, 11:30:30 am
I cant believe how fast you guys are just counting out our basketball team. Pretty pathetic....

amen
Oh my!

Josef

the main way heath is screwing us is we dont have any designed plays to get beverly open for 3's

REALTOR Hog

- GO HOGS -

An old hog fanatic

Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Josef

McCurdy is not quick enough for this game. He would be better used against another team. i say leave welsh or ervin in there as PG

Jim Red23

Ya, lets just keep picking up our dribble, that makes sense.

bigyellowdog

REALTOR Hog

I'm not counting them out.. I just don't think we are going to have a chance against the SEC teams this year.. LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama will whoop us unless we get some things changed on offense.
- GO HOGS -

Bomis Hawg

Hopefully, they can get the Beverly, Weems, Ervin trio on the same page.  You can insert the other two -- Townes; Hill; Thomas; Hunter.

They'll get their timing down.  Early preconference games are always crazy.

Arkansas could beat SIU, get beat by Minnesota.  Crazy things happen in November basketball. 

Arkansas isn't there yet with this team, but they should be once they gel together.  Right now, it's poo.

dana caldwell

Quote from: Josef on November 23, 2006, 11:30:30 am

this basketball team of no style or substance is pretty pathetic. four-plus years of this now.

it's not like this is a surprise to many of us.

i appreciate your passion but reality hit me quite some time ago concerning heath and this subpar, zip identity program.

fieldturf

McCurdy needs to think about the AIC.......Tech, UCA, Henderson St, OBU, etc.........

Hoop

Someone tell me why the hell you take out Townes and Thomas?
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

Josef

Mhunter - the fact is You Dont Know how we would do against other SEC teams yet so dont count us out. Have just a LITTLE faith : )

Bomis Hawg

Arkansas' first In-Season tournament win:  Arkansas 45, Northwest Oklahoma 44 – 1937 All-College Tournament.

I bet we have a similar score today.

HoopS

I like McCurdy, but he looks overmatched.  Not quick enough on D and picks his dribble up way too quickly. 

An old hog fanatic

Frankly, I am stunned with the lack of fundamentals.  I do think the coaches MUST work with the team on these small things but our guys just look like they step on the floor, get that deer in the headlights look and forget everything they've been taught.  Frustrating!

fineswine

Quote from: mid-georgia-hogfan on November 23, 2006, 11:32:47 am
Yep, that McCurdy is a heck of a player.
You bet!  He does not belong in Division 1.  People that wanted him last year get to see why he didn't play.

fieldturf

Quote from: Bania on November 23, 2006, 11:34:37 am
Someone tell me why the hell you take out Townes and Thomas?
They got winded!!!!!  Needed a break to get there legs back......

Josef

dana caldwell

BORN2PIG

Arkansas Razorback Basketball going on 5 years now is just the same bowl of soup but just warmed over
STAN STINKS

REALTOR Hog

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on November 23, 2006, 11:35:05 am
Arkansas' first In-Season tournament win:  Arkansas 45, Northwest Oklahoma 44 – 1937 All-College Tournament.

I bet we have a similar score today.

How did we finish that year?
- GO HOGS -

Josef

Dont dare count out weems either - I watched him  play for 2 years at UAFS. Hes gonna be fine. I cant wait till his fist huge dunk

Tusks

I think this is a great test.  SIU is a well oiled machine with lots of experience in the starting 5.  They've played together as a team longer than the Hog team on the floor.

If the Hogs can win this game they have a chance to improve a lot during the season.

SIU is a NCAA tourney team.

The Hogs need some games together....it takes more than 2 games to get a team personality.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

dana caldwell

Quote from: Josef on November 23, 2006, 11:36:13 am
YEH WEEMS! THATS MY BOY

i can of like that guy. lil passive on passing but he looks to be a player.

An old hog fanatic

Josef

Man these are some weak foul calls. This aint WNBA refffs

An old hog fanatic