Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

STAN HEATH THREAD!

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, March 07, 2005, 06:02:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

taintlint

Quote from: PorcineSublime on January 21, 2006, 10:29:34 am
Quote from: ICEman on January 21, 2006, 09:58:28 am
Ahhh, the miracle of scheduling easy early season opponents!
Let's see, Kansas, Missouri,UConn, Maryland. Yep, cupcakes for sure.

Mizzou and Kansas are not exactly the greatest thing since sliced bread. We lost to the other two. What is there to be impressed with?!?! His only wins have been against teams that are far removed from their glory days. Please stop making excuses for a 3 -24 road SEC road record that includes 3 wins against 3 teams that could not beat their own weiners.

ronshogs

Guys what I'm saying is you can't fire Stan for his record which HAS improved every year and you let Houston have a 2 year pass and his record in the SEC is .500 at best!!! IF you fire Stan because of his road record(which everone seems to keep bringing up) then you have to fire Houston when he loses at HOME to Vanderbilt!!!!!

taintlint

Quote from: ronshogs on January 21, 2006, 03:54:14 pm

Guys what I'm saying is you can't fire Stan for his record which HAS improved every year and you let Houston have a 2 year pass and his record in the SEC is .500 at best!!! IF you fire Stan because of his road record(which everone seems to keep bringing up) then you have to fire Houston when he loses at HOME to Vanderbilt!!!!!

Nutt needs to go but he also has 6 Bowl games to claim. Heath has a declined NIT bid. 3 and 24 on the road in the SEC is not good enough. Not to mention that the 3 "w"'s have come against horrible teams and were not even impressive.  His record has improved every year due to a schedule that brings national media scrutiny. Last years schedule was an embarrassment to our program. If it were not for that schedule last year, he would have had his worst year ever. Plus, his SEC record has not improved. Stop making excuses.

taintlint

Quote from: taintlint on January 21, 2006, 03:58:15 pm

Nutt needs to go but he also has 6 Bowl games to claim. Heath has a declined NIT bid. 3 and 24 on the road in the SEC is not good enough. Not to mention that the 3 "w"'s have come against horrible teams and were not even impressive. His record has improved every year due to a schedule that brings national media scrutiny. Last years schedule was an embarrassment to our program. If it were not for that schedule last year, he would have had his worst year ever. Plus, his SEC record has not improved. Stop making excuses.

Did I mention that he is too soft and his team quits on him?

Dances With Hogs

I say do a 2 for 1 deal.

taintlint

Quote from: taintlint on January 21, 2006, 03:59:18 pm
Quote from: taintlint on January 21, 2006, 03:58:15 pm

Nutt needs to go but he also has 6 Bowl games to claim. Heath has a declined NIT bid. 3 and 24 on the road in the SEC is not good enough. Not to mention that the 3 "w"'s have come against horrible teams and were not even impressive. His record has improved every year due to a schedule that brings national media scrutiny. Last years schedule was an embarrassment to our program. If it were not for that schedule last year, he would have had his worst year ever. Plus, his SEC record has not improved. Stop making excuses.

Did I mention that he is too soft and his team quits on him?

We beat the worst team in the SEC!! Yiiiiiippppppiiiiiieeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ronshogs

Hey tantlint when the bball team gets rolling i bet you jump back on the wagon!!!!!!!!!  I bet your one of these people that root for whoever's doing awesome!!!!!!

ronshogs

Hey that looked like a Houston Nutt call at the end of the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But most of the guys want to fire Stan!!!!!!!!Run up the middle Nutt what a call to win the game

ronshogs

These guys are about to make a run!!!!!!!!!

BigHog396

You absolutely CAN fire Heath and not Nutt.  Heath was given his ultimatum after last season.  The groundwork for canning his butt was laid when JFB made him fill out the questionnaire regarding his coaching philosophy and view of the future of the program.  In Nutt's case, that was done after this last season, and he will be shown the door if there is not significant improvement in the up coming season.  Don't fool yourself for a second into thinking we can't fire Heath just because Nutt wasn't fired after this last season.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: hangfifty on January 21, 2006, 09:40:02 am
You can not base Stans results on players we didn't get. How do you know we wouldn't be 2-24 on the road in the SEC with AL Jefferson. You can't. But I can show you that we are 2-24 with Stan Heath.

Sure, we can't bust a zone with the players we got, but those are the players Stan recruited. He hasn't signed a point guard, and the one he did sign was only getting one minute of playing time against those cupcake opponents early in the season.

You can't base Stan's success on what-if's.

What if Matt Jones hadn't fumbled that ball.
What if George Wilson hadn't held that guy.
What if Stoerner hadn't stumbled.
What if Nutt had gotten on that plane.

What if Stan Heath could coach.

What if Notes hadn't shot that horse?

oldbooniehog

It's really very simple.

No NCAA Tourney equals no more coaching job for Heath.

Four seasons is plenty of time to get it done.

In comparison, (and I'm not a Nutt fan) HDN has gone to two bowl games in the last four years.

Heath has had zero trips to the post-season thus far.

And they won a road game today...yippee.....Now Heath has won 3/4's as many SEC road games as he's coached seasons at Arkansas. ::)

No tourney this year, and he's gone.

oldbooniehog

Laizor

taintlint

Quote from: ronshogs on January 21, 2006, 06:01:23 pm
Hey tantlint when the bball team gets rolling i bet you jump back on the wagon!!!!!!!!! I bet your one of these people that root for whoever's doing awesome!!!!!!

No....I was the one banned from this board for calling this basketball team horrible beyond belief while they were on a real nice winning streak. I will never have the chance to get on the "Heath Wagon" because Heath will NEVER be anything more than mediocre. Keep making excuses for him if you wish.

---3-24 in SEC road games (3 victories against horrible teams)
---An overall SEC record that DOES NOT/ HAS NOT IMPROVED
---An overall year by year "improving" record based on his first 3 years having pre SEC schedules that were national embarrassments
--- Can't coach against a 2-3 zone
--- Can not hold a lead or motivate his players (declined NIT bid)

I will not be "jumping" back on his bandwagon anytime soon. Thank you.

ronshogs

I don't know why you guys think that we can fire him when he's never had a losing season except for his first year...  Done nothing but get better since.  You guys act like we've lost 10 or 12 games.  JUST CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

LRCentralTiger

January 22, 2006, 09:50:45 am #65 Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 09:52:41 am by LRCentralTiger
We are getting better but we are still falling behind every one else.  We take one step forward while others take two.  We need to take leaps not baby steps.  Same goes for the football program too.  Maybe Gus will change that.  :razorback:

BigHog396

Quote from: ronshogs on January 22, 2006, 09:27:16 am
I don't know why you guys think that we can fire him when he's never had a losing season except for his first year...  Done nothing but get better since.  You guys act like we've lost 10 or 12 games.  JUST CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stan's record:
'02-'03:  9-19, 4-12 SEC
'03-'04:  12-16, 4-12 SEC
'04-'05:  18-12, 6-10 SEC
'05-'06:  13-5, 2-3 SEC

Hate to burst your bubble, but Heath has had 2 losing seasons, not 1.  He also has an overall SEC record of 16-37 to this point.  Chances are we will AT BEST finish 8-8 in SEC play, maybe worse.  8-8 would make us 19-10 overall, and once again we have double digit losses.  Funny that this would make that 10-12 losses you talked about.  Not a single argument you made holds any water.  Come back and talk to us after you learn how to check your facts BEFORE posting.

tmac

There are several good thoughts and comments from everyone who posted, this is my take on the Razorback BB team. We have a very solid team, what we don't have is a solid coach. Stan Heath shows no emotion, no fire in his gut on the bench. When his team gets called for a foul that is truly a bad call he claps his hands, other coaches are chewing on the referee's ear up and down the court. When a player makes a couple of bone head plays he doesn't pull them out and get in their face. I am not saying he has to be a Bobby Knight, but come on! We all know that a coach must be emotionally involved in the game, when he is his team is, when the players know that they are going to get an ass chewing for stupid play they play better that is the nature of the game. You watch all the great coaches and see how they manage the game. I think all of you will agree. Bad coach, good solid team.

taintlint

Quote from: ronshogs on January 22, 2006, 09:27:16 am

In the prevoious 3 years we have had two losing seasons. If it were not for a pre SEC schedule last year that brought national embarrassment upon our program, he would have had his 3rd straight losing season. Actually, if it were not for that schedule that should bring shame on Heath's name forever, he would have had his worst year ever. Now here we are in his fourth year praying for a .500 finish in the SEC and hoping with fingers crossed that we can squeeze into an NCAA tourny spot. That is the best case scenario and that is pathetic.

tophawg19

teams reflect the character and drive of the coach . this team lacks emotion and aggressiveness required to win tough games . that starts from the H.C position.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

LRCentralTiger

I am setting here watching the answer to our basketball coach.  Have you seen the movie Major Payne?  A Major Payne is what we need.   :)  :razorback:

ronshogs

Will It change the way most people feel when we beat Ole Piss and Kentucky this week????

claycohog

If we make it to the dance he should stay.  If we don't he's outta here.  He has had long enough to get the ship turned.

Hoggy Bear

Since we have a fire Stan Heath thread after each loss, time to give the man some props.  He's got this team peaking at the right time of the season.

RazorCaddy

We have taken a huge step with that on the road win. Its tournament time.......

freedomcounty

Woo Pig! Can you Stan the Heath?!!?!?!

hogfan x

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

dotnet

rayserbach

Big, big win today! Huge! It feels good to be a Hog today!

lunchbox72703

RAZ FAN

I will say I have almost had all I could take of Heath, but I will say I may have been wrong. Maybe he has turned the corner. Hopefully he will continue going this direction.

UsACoL1004

cobbshogs

now some can shut there mouths.....suckers

hawgball

Lokirain

Stan Heath > Bruce Pearl

Now it's settled on the court.

realtorhog

Stan has had the team on the right track for a while....now comes the w's...Keep em coming Stan

csconst

Stan is growing and learning just like the players. He will be a fine coach given the chance.

PennHOG

I didn't think they could do it.  A quality win on the road.  These guys are the come back kids!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Lokirain

It is true, winning cures all. The Razorbacks are back.

silvertip

February 25, 2006, 02:15:22 pm #90 Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 02:25:11 pm by silvertip
Yeah, I am NOT one of that dumbass crowd, who will remain nameless (taintlint), who have been proud of giving up since Maui.

All the Hawgs have to do right now is win one of the last 2 & they are IN the NCAAT, baby!!  Fortunately, the NCAAT selection committee does not check in with Biggus & Niels to make excuses as to why our winning record sucks.

The NCAAT selection committee is NOT going to go back for the last 4 years & try to convince themselves that Stan's constant improvement is a matter of yearly decline in SOS. The NCAAT selection committe is only gonna care about 3 straight wins vs Fla, Bama, & Tennie-by-gawd-see.

THE HAWGS ARE GOIN' DANCIN', BOYS!!! (and girls) WPS!! & AMEN

Hog in MO

Sorry Stan - I said you didn't have what it takes to coach at this level.  I said you were a glorified assistant.  I said you needed to go back to the minor leagues for a few years.  I can't even remember everything I said in those moments of extreme frustration.  Even after the UF and Bama wins I was still not convinced you could turn it around but you proved me wrong today.  This team still frustrates the heck out of me at times but at least they are finally showing some cajones.  Kudos to you Stan for whatever switch you finally found and flipped on.

curioushog42

;D

Funny how Stan haters seem to dissappear...Hmmm

razorbackfan4life

It's so easy to blame everythign on the coach when its the players that have folded in previous years.

SAUhogfan

What the heck, I'm fickle, let's keep'em.

Pigonometry

than he did a month ago.  We've been in position to win every game this year.  We went through a tough stretch where we didn't make the big play at the end and the other team did.  Now the roles are reversed and its starting to even out...............

Go Hogs!
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

Nutts and Bolts

I am in...  All we have needed all along is some guards
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

silvertip

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 25, 2006, 02:20:22 pm
"woo pig dadgumit, woo mother [CENSORED] pig" big pimpin boasts with his chest sticking out.

Sad as it is, I know whut you mean. WOOOOOPIGGG!!!!
Time to celebrate, Pigggiggeees!!!

SardisHog

Changed my signature line. I no longer believe Stan needs to be canned. He has won me over. GO HOGS!!
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams