Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A week in the life of a college football program

Started by Fatty McGee, September 19, 2013, 10:09:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatty McGee

Wish they would do this about Arkansas, but still it's interesting just how much the coaches work to learn everything they can about the other team.  Makes listening to the fans in the stands yell "should have passed" all the more annoying.

"But after zeroing in on the player and studying him -- often going back-and-forth -- on the same play a dozen times, they develop a clear picture on the player's worth -- his strengths and weakness -- in a way most die-hard fans can't. "

Great article.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/bruce-feldman/23720788/all-access-an-exclusive-behind-the-scenes-look-at-how-am-prepared-for-top-ranked-alabama-
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Tripod1

Total waste of the coaches time.  Our coaches should just click on Hogville every Sunday and they could find out all they are doing wrong.  It is a well known fact that all the great football heads post on this site.

Hogsmo Kramer

There was a 30 minute all access segment yesterday on ESPNU about Arkansas.

It was pretty good.

Might be able to catch a rerun but not sure when.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Fatty McGee

Some unexpected takes:

"The biggest misconception about Manziel, Sumlin feels, is that how the quarterback fits in with his teammates. Manziel, despite his constant SportsCenter presence and jet-set off-season, gets along very well with his teammates. Two nights ago, he took his entire offensive line out for steak and lobster. He treats Conner McQueen, the red-headed, scout team walk-on QB, like his little brother and he constantly jokes with Evans, his roommate on roadtrips, and the other receivers at practice. Manziel also communicates with fellow QB standouts Tajh Boyd from Clemson and Michigan's Devin Gardner after every game since the trio became tight after their week as counselors this summer in Oregon at the Elite 11 camp. (Gardner will go on to say in a few days that Manziel sent him a text to keep his head up after Michigan's bad showing against an awful Akron team the same day as the Alabama-Texas A&M game.)

The 49-year-old head coach has been around a lot of future NFL stars, but says he's never seen a QB with the spirit Manziel has. Like he's convinced he's the baddest man on the field every time he pulls his helmet onto his head. Drew Brees, who was at Purdue when Sumlin was an assistant, had something. But Manziel's spirit is different for a QB. The one player Sumlin has been around who had this kind of spirit: Adrian Peterson. "
. . .

"(In the postgame interview session with the media, Manziel takes the blame for the pick, but the next day, McKinney points out in the offensive staff room that the QB wasn't wrong, but the receiver didn't run his route: "Johnny threw the ball where he was supposed to.") "
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

HognotinMemphis

How does a 19 yr old college student afford steak and lobster for 6 or so 300+ lbs people? That had to be a $1000 meal.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hawgin84

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on September 19, 2013, 10:21:49 am
There was a 30 minute all access segment yesterday on ESPNU about Arkansas.

It was pretty good.

Might be able to catch a rerun but not sure when.

Friday evening, 7:00 or 7:30.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 19, 2013, 10:35:13 am
How does a 19 yr old college student afford steak and lobster for 6 or so 300+ lbs people? That had to be a $1000 meal.
his daddy owns a car dealership.  now, is this a violation as it's basically being filtered through Johnny Paycheck?  NCAA don't care if it is

PP