Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I eat crow

Started by Hogs958, March 11, 2017, 04:42:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs958

ShadowHawg

No need. Just jump on board and have fun going forward!

Brandon72

I do also, and that crow taste so good!!!!!

alaback

Is Captain Morgan still sending PMs?

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hogs958 on March 11, 2017, 04:42:52 pm
nicely done Mike
I tried to tell folks during those bad times that Mike Anderson was the man for this job.even when some on Hogville were calling for him to be fired.they were flat out wrong.Mike Anderson is an outstanding coach. thank god Jeff Long did not listen to hogville and fire Mike.

Hook 'em Hogs

What's happening now is pretty amazing. Before this game, I was praying Bama would beat Kentucky. After this game, I'm EXCITED we are playing KY. I doubt we'll win, but an SEC Tourny championship is worth chasing against the best!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on March 11, 2017, 04:52:44 pm
What's happening now is pretty amazing. Before this game, I was praying Bama would beat Kentucky. After this game, I'm EXCITED we are playing KY. I doubt we'll win, but an SEC Tourny championship is worth chasing against the best!

not one second of that game has ticked off and you are throwing in the towel against the Hogs already???   tsk...tsk...tsk.........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

pigture perfect

I'm very satisfied. Next year might not be. I hope this is sustainable.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hogs958

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 11, 2017, 04:49:32 pm
I tried to tell folks during those bad times that Mike Anderson was the man for this job.even when some on Hogville were calling for him to be fired.they were flat out wrong.Mike Anderson is an outstanding coach. thank god Jeff Long did not listen to hogville and fire Mike.

You did and I was one of those people.

Rawker

It's tourney time.  Anything can happen.  We don't have an answer for Fox (and without him this is a pedestrian KY team), but I didn't think we had an answer for the 3pt shooting of Vandy, and they neutralized themselves.  Maybe Fox will be off.  Either way, this team has exceeded my expectations, and this is coming from someone who is just South of FCJ for my support, so I'm just happy they're in the finals with KY.

Hoggish1

Nah, I always wanted the Cats.  Beating them would be great for our resume (with nothing bad should we lose) but losing to Bama would hurt us.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: alaback on March 11, 2017, 04:48:59 pm

Not lately!! Is he still on hogville?

HoopS

25 wins is doggone good for someone who supposedly doesn't know beans about the sport he's made millions in and gotten three teams into the dance a few times while making some runs too. If only he knew what he was doing.

JONAS

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 11, 2017, 04:49:32 pm

You were right, Joe.  I never wanted Mike fired, but I was definitely wondering if he was the right coach for the job. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 11, 2017, 05:02:34 pm
Not lately!! Is he still on hogville?
He is not the only one that's missing. a lot of them are in hiding right now.not all of them.may see a few if KY beats us on Sunday.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: alaback on March 11, 2017, 04:48:59 pm

I don't think they have internet on the mentally ill floor at the hospital

BDSCT51

I'll have a helping or three as well. I just gave up on them after the Missouri fiasco. Gots to give credit to MA, the staff, and especially the team for digging themselves out of a very bad place.
Bleeding Razorback Red

PonderinHog

Quote from: HoopS on March 11, 2017, 05:04:52 pm
25 wins is doggone good for someone who supposedly doesn't know beans about the sport he's made millions in and gotten three teams into the dance a few times while making some runs too. If only he knew what he was doing.
He's catching on.

HoopS

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 11, 2017, 05:12:11 pm
He's catching on.
lol.  Yes. He finally listened to me and a couple other experts. 

TexArkHogFan

You live by the three, you die by the three.  Vandy just didn't have it today.  It could have been our defense or it could have been them playing three games in three days.  Fatigue does finally catch up with you.  Nolan always said fatigue will make cowards out of anybody.  Regardless, the way we played today we would have beaten them if they had a weeks rest.  Dusty said it best, we run every day in practice so it's no big deal.  Let's hope it continues tomorrow, would love to beat them Cats.  I want to see Ashley Judd bawling her eyes out.  Go Hogs.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 11, 2017, 04:54:38 pm
not one second of that game has ticked off and you are throwing in the towel against the Hogs already???   tsk...tsk...tsk.........

Before, I was sure we'd lose to Kentucky if they made it to the Championship. Now I DOUBT we'll win. That's progress, bro!

TeufelHog

Not going to lie, I was on the "I'm through with Mike Anderson and Staff Train" after the Mizzou and Vandy losses.  Biggest second-half of a season "turn-around" I've ever seen from a Hog coaching staff and team.  Absolutely "peaking" when they need to!

Gotta' give credit where credit is due.  Nice job Mike, and hell-of-a job Hogs!

Birminghog

Quote from: Hogs958 on March 11, 2017, 04:57:57 pm
You did and I was one of those people.

It's okay. It's Lent. You confess your sins, get atonement, and pledge to go in a better direction.

LZH

Mike's team is more bipolar than I am...no way I would have thought we would get this far without it being pure luck. We've looked really good.

I'm still quite skeptical, all this could turn south quick (next year, I mean). Until then, WPS.

forrest city joe

Quote from: LZH on March 11, 2017, 05:22:18 pm
Mike's team is more bipolar than I am...no way I would have thought we would get this far without it being pure luck. We've looked really good.

I'm still quite skeptical, all this could turn south quick (next year, I mean). Until then, WPS.
Stop,just stop. you are making a fool out of your self.you made a fool out of your self by wanting Mike fired. now you don't know what the hell to say. just admit you were wrong and move on. i don't want to hear about your next year crap.you were wrong for saying Mike should be fired.PERIOD!

Danimal

Can I have some wing sauce with mine?...

Biggus Piggus

Mmmfff gahmmm mhmmm mhmmm.
[CENSORED]!

LZH

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 11, 2017, 05:26:11 pm
Stop,just stop. you are making a fool out of your self.you made a fool out of your self by wanting Mike fired. now you don't know what the hell to say. just admit you were wrong and move on. i don't want to hear about your next year crap.you were wrong for saying Mike should be fired.PERIOD!

WTH are you talking about, of course I don't know what to say.  His teams have flopped around for five years with little to no improvement and now this?  How do you explain it without licking Mike's ass?  Fwiw, I've admitted that I was wrong....for now.  He saved his job and if he can keep this up, then he should stay.  But just because we've gotten hot and are finally playing like we all wanna see doesn't erase the past five years of underachieving.

I haven't said alot about your MA love - we get along pretty well and agree on our football situation.  But you've lost alot of credibility with this darn...you and Scarlett whatsherface have been clear that you're more interested in Mike being our coach than winning basketball games....and looks like you're excited about telling us all "I told you so".  Well, the season ain't over yet and if we take any clues from past years Mike could easily go .500 in '17-'18 and you guys will disappear again.  And if that happens I will see this past month as a fluke and agree that he's not gonna get it done here.

The difference between us is I don't mind being wrong, especially if it involves winning.  And moreover, I just supernaturally don't give a darn.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: LZH on March 11, 2017, 05:22:18 pm

Can we till next season actually starts to begin whining about it?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: LZH on March 11, 2017, 05:48:16 pm
WTH are you talking about, of course I don't know what to say.  His teams have flopped around for five years with little to no improvement and now this?  How do you explain it without licking Mike's ass?  Fwiw, I've admitted that I was wrong....for now.  He saved his job and if he can keep this up, then he should stay.  But just because we've gotten hot and are finally playing like we all wanna see doesn't erase the past five years of underachieving.

I haven't said alot about your MA love - we get along pretty well and agree on our football situation.  But you've lost alot of credibility with this darn...you and Scarlett whatsherface have been clear that you're more interested in Mike being our coach than winning basketball games....and looks like you're excited about telling us all "I told you so".  Well, the season ain't over yet and if we take any clues from past years Mike could easily go .500 in '17-'18 and you guys will disappear again.  And if that happens I will see this past month as a fluke and agree that he's not gonna get it done here.

The difference between us is I don't mind being wrong, especially if it involves winning.  And moreover, I just supernaturally don't give a darn.

You just haven't paid attention. Best 3 year run in 20 years. Your unwillingness to acknowledge the improvement hasn't meant the rest of us couldn't see it coming.

raz1965

I am one that has defended Mike a lot, not because I got some love affair with Mike, but because I knew Mike was a great coach at two other programs, and could see that he was doing very well with the players he had here. It takes time to build a program and Mike had some bad luck on the way. I just think some people don't look at things on a realistic level, jump to conclusions for many different reasons, and wrong one's at that. Mike is close to getting this program where it belongs, but it is not there yet but moving in the right direction. We as people should learn and grow from life's experiences, and just move on.

LZH

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 11, 2017, 05:53:39 pm
You just haven't paid attention. Best 3 year run in 20 years. Your unwillingness to acknowledge the improvement hasn't meant the rest of us couldn't see it coming.

Congratulations.....how impressive.  And no, I haven't been paying attention because I simply lost interest.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: raz1965 on March 11, 2017, 05:59:58 pm
I am one that has defended Mike a lot, not because I got some love affair with Mike, but because I knew Mike was a great coach at two other programs, and could see that he was doing very well with the players he had here. It takes time to build a program and Mike had some bad luck on the way. I just think some people don't look at things on a realistic level, jump to conclusions for many different reasons, and wrong one's at that. Mike is close to getting this program where it belongs, but it is not there yet but moving in the right direction. We as people should learn and grow from life's experiences, and just move on.

Good post, raz1965!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

BossHog12

it's hard for me to understand the rationale of Mike haters. It took 2 years to get us out of the dumpster, still competed hard that year with players that weren't his.  He had us on the bubble in year 3...  with a couple timely wins at the end of the season we have 3 tournament appearances in 4 years. Last year we finished 9th in the SEC with maybe 3 players that could get time for other teams in the league. 7 new faces this year and we jump 6 spots in the conference standings, have 23 wins before the postseason, and are playing our best basketball at the only time of the year that matters. Mike haters can shove it for all I care. This is OUR coach and I will support him for years to come

Hogs958

Quote from: BossHog12 on March 11, 2017, 06:07:20 pm
it's hard for me to understand the rationale of Mike haters. It took 2 years to get us out of the dumpster, still competed hard that year with players that weren't his.  He had us on the bubble in year 3...  with a couple timely wins at the end of the season we have 3 tournament appearances in 4 years. Last year we finished 9th in the SEC with maybe 3 players that could get time for other teams in the league. 7 new faces this year and we jump 6 spots in the conference standings, have 23 wins before the postseason, and are playing our best basketball at the only time of the year that matters. Mike haters can shove it for all I care. This is OUR coach and I will support him for years to come

just frustration. I'll admit I definitely was overly critical.

forrest city joe

Quote from: LZH on March 11, 2017, 05:48:16 pm

You are part of the problem.if you had your way Mike would have been fired already.and Arkansas basketball would be starting all over yet again.the BS you and some others were putting here in Jump ball was a disgrace. Mike Anderson made you look like a fool.and i love it.

texas tush hog

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 11, 2017, 04:57:54 pm
I'm very satisfied. Next year might not be. I hope this is sustainable.

You add the three studs coming next year(possibly four, with Zhaire Smith) and then the number one class in the land the following year, and Mike is secure forever, just like I have been saying all along. Who knows how good the Justice Hill class could end up, but all you Mike haters better give up the ghost.