Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 23 THREAD: #4 Arkansas (16-5, 3-0 SEC) @ #2 Florida (19-4, 2-1 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 22, 2018, 07:23:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Quote from: ROBLYNNM on March 23, 2018, 06:03:28 pm
Oh goodness....He is almost as bad as Perry Costello.....He is the only umpire at Baum that I have actually yelled at from my seats on the 3rd base side.....I have moaned and groaned....many times...but Head is just awful.....
Why did you mentioned he who shall not be named around here?

Razorbacks#1

3                        Bot 2nd                 0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Arkansas        0| 3 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  3  |  3  | 0  | 1   
Florida            0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on March 23, 2018, 06:03:14 pm
Van Horn call for bunt to get a man on to distract a great pitcher and break up rhythm?
3rd basemen was playing back and off the line shaded way toward short. They were giving it to fletch.

ucahogfan

Sure, we had a good inning with 3 runs, but I would have like to see what would have happened had Koch not been screwed by the ump on that 2-1 pitch.  Figure he would have not swung at the next pitch up and in and it would have probably been a ball and could have led to a huge inning.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on March 23, 2018, 06:03:14 pm
Van Horn call for bunt to get a man on to distract a great pitcher and break up rhythm?

Not sure why they called it but I'm glad they did. Beautiful when it works.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

BroyledNutts

Jeff Head and Scott Cline make my ulcers work overtime ...

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 23, 2018, 06:04:03 pm
Why did you mentioned he who shall not be named around here?

THOU SHALT NOT

Oliver

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 23, 2018, 06:04:57 pm
Not sure why they called it but I'm glad they did. Beautiful when it works.

I love the surprise bunt call

PoconoHog

India...count 1 - 0....1 - 1....1 - 2....2 - 2....foul...K's looking
1 out
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

ucahogfan

Singer would have gotten a strike call on that first pitch to India which was just above the bat.

Hawgphish

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

HogFansReunited

Love watching a batter turn and head to the dugout before the 3rd strike is even called. Pretty much just saying yep you got me.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

PoconoHog

Reese...count 1 - 0....1 - 1.....2 - 1.....3 - 1.....BB
Men on 1st and 2nd     1 out

PoconoHog

rljjr

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 23, 2018, 06:05:08 pm
Jeff Head and Scott Cline make my ulcers work overtime ...

THOU SHALT NOT
I am SO sorry!  I promise I will not mention "no name" again! 

PoconoHog

Langworthy...count 1 - 0.....2 - 0.....3 - 0.....3 - 1.....BB
Bases loaded      1 out

PoconoHog

RyeHogFan

PoconoHog

Horvath...count 0 - 1....1 - 1.....infield pop out
2 outs     Bases loaded

BroyledNutts

For those watching ...

Is Blaine missing by a lot, by a little, or is he getting pinched?

Hawgphish

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 23, 2018, 06:16:30 pm
For those watching ...

just missing

ucahogfan

For those watching ...

Several of those pitches to Langworthy and Reese weren't close.  Looked to let Liput get to him.

rljjr

For those watching ...

Balls are pretty much balls. I thought he got squeezed once on an inside pitch to a lefty, but he's not had his best stuff yet.

PoconoHog

Bell...count 0 - 1....foul.....1 - 2.....K's swinging to end the inning
Heading to top of 3rd
HOGS lead 3 - 0

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: rljjr on March 23, 2018, 06:17:55 pm
Balls are pretty much balls. I thought he got squeezed once on an inside pitch to a lefty, but he's not had his best stuff yet.
If he gets out of this mess, he will be OK.....

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

BroyledNutts

Thanks guys ... I can't watch, apparently .... (thanks Cox - @#%%$ @#^#$^% #$^)

Way to go Batman ... maybe this will settle him in

RyeHogFan

PoconoHog

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Hawgphish

rljjr

Quote from: ROBLYNNM on March 23, 2018, 06:18:54 pm
If he gets out of this mess, he will be OK.....

I agree. He just showed he ain't done yet. Way to pitch out of it, Blaine! Nice work!

Wisco Pig

Once the bases were loaded and Knight was able to return to his windup, he looked fine.

Razorbacks#1

3                        Top 3rd                 0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Arkansas        0| 3 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  3  |  3  | 0  | 1   
Florida            0| 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  1  | 0  | 3   

THUNDER!

SPAL

ucahogfan

Bell didn't stand a chance on that back door curveball there.

Hawgzinbowlz

SPAL

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Wisco Pig on March 23, 2018, 06:19:58 pm
Once the bases were loaded and Knight was able to return to his windup, he looked fine.

He hasn't looked comfortable from the stretch yet this year

Hawgphish

PoconoHog

Cole...count 1 - 0.....2 - 0.....flies out to LF
1 out     Martin to the plate

PeabodyHawg

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: rljjr on March 23, 2018, 06:19:50 pm
I agree. He just showed he ain't done yet. Way to pitch out of it, Blaine! Nice work!
Except for the foul down the first base line they haven't squared one up yet.

RaisinHog

Razrpig256

JHGiunta

Quote from: Wisco Pig on March 23, 2018, 06:19:58 pm

This exactly! Being in the stretch ruined his control. Once bases were loaded and he returned to the windup he had the control again.

Great Job Knight!

Let's get more runs!

PoconoHog

Martin...count 0 - 1.....0 - 2.....K's swinging
2 outs     Bonfield to the plate

ucahogfan

Martin expanded the zone on those three pitches.  Each would have been a ball.  Hopefully he adjusts his next AB.

Knot2brite

MARtin looking like a freshman in his first two at bats....he will learn
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required