Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 20 THREAD: #5 Arkansas (15-4, 2-0 SEC) vs #4 Kentucky (14-5, 0-2 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 17, 2018, 05:13:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Quote from: TebowHater on March 17, 2018, 06:01:22 pm
Are the glasses for Martin in the box new? I don't remember him wearing glasses before.

He has worn them before

ucahogfan

Kentucky will make a pitching change.

New pitcher is Junior RHP Zach Haake (1-0, 3.18 ERA).

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

For those who have been unable to watch the game, Kentucky has been shifting Kjerstad all weekend.  The SS has played right at the 2B bag while the 2B has played in shallow RF.

ucahogfan

From Kendall Rogers:

I've seen this movie before. Luke Bonfield smacks an 82 mph SL down the line in RF to bring in two runs. @RazorbackBSB is going for the sweep, leads 2-0 already here in the first inning.

snoblind

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 17, 2018, 05:56:56 pm
In the last game the radio guys said a Kentucky guy disrespected DVH when coach asked him who their starter would be.

When the season first started I remember a couple of folks saying they didn't like Bubba as much as Rick. 

He not only told that story emphasizing that our players saw it and would remember it, but then called Kentucky bush league for trying steal when we had the huge lead late in the game.  Love him doing the color.

TebowHater

ucahogfan

Koch lines a single back up the box into CF.  Both McFarland and Kjerstad score.  That gives Koch two more RBIs and he now has at least 14 on the year.

5-0 Hogs!

JHicks3636

thebignasty

razCzar

snoblind

JHicks3636

Hogs49ers

SCREW Vandy!

ucahogfan

Shaddy crushes one over the UK pen.  Shaddy's 5th HR of the year is also RBIs 14 and 15.  The Hogs have now hit 9 HRs on the weekend.

7-0 Hogs!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

tennesseehogwild

ThisTeetsTaken

I'll say it again.  This is the best lineup I've ever seen at Arkansas.  Stud after stud keeps stepping in the batters box.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ucahogfan

Hawgphish

Razorback_Mack

Gorilla Hogs. This is beyond impressive against a top 5 ball club.

razCzar

Hawgphish

Hogs49ers

I could be wrong bc I kept hearing how hard it is to sweep a team through a double header, but it seems like if your hitters get as hot as we were in game 1, that there would be a good chance of that hot hitting continuing into the 2nd game like we are seeing.
SCREW Vandy!

ucahogfan

Cole singles to RF.  Biggers advances to 3B to put runners on the corners with 2 outs.

JHicks3636

Hulk HOGan

Pretty sure this Kentucky team might have given up. Can we call it now?

ucahogfan

There will be a meeting on the mound for the Cats after two straight balls are thrown to Martin to begin the AB.

JHicks3636

Is it me or does Kentucky look a little down in the mouth(and everywhere else)?

ucahogfan

HamIAm

Kentucky has to feel like this series has lasted a month already.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Hulk HOGan on March 17, 2018, 06:24:38 pm
Pretty sure this Kentucky team might have given up. Can we call it now?
NO.  I want to watch them cry.

TebowHater

Kendall Rogers:

This is simply unbelievable. Carson Shaddy destroys a 95 mph FB from Zach Haake for a two run bomb to RF. @RazorbackBSB leads #UK 7-0 and we are in the FIRST inning. What a performance this weekend.

Talking to scouts throughout the weekend, we've all agreed that #Arkansas is an amazing team from a pitching recognition standpoint. This weekend, they simply haven't swung at anything out of the zone. @RazorbackBSB

tennesseehogwild

ucahogfan

bulldog04

Kendall Rogers:
Talking to scouts throughout the weekend, we've all agreed that #Arkansas is an amazing team from a pitching recognition standpoint. This weekend, they simply haven't swung at anything out of the zone. @RazorbackBSB

ucahogfan

This offense should be ashamed about the bottom of the 1st.  They left the bases loaded.

Razorbacks#1

0                        Top 2nd                 7

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Kentucky       0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas       7 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  7  |  7  | 0  | 3   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Kentucky probably wishing they were still playing the Our Lady Queen of the Universe teams.

ucahogfan

Quote from: TebowHater on March 17, 2018, 06:27:12 pm
Talking to scouts throughout the weekend, we’ve all agreed that #Arkansas is an amazing team from a pitching recognition standpoint. This weekend, they simply haven’t swung at anything out of the zone. @RazorbackBSB
I have a feeling that Hjelle made a living of hitters chasing his stuff especially his nasty curveball, but we simply did not do that last night.  That's why he struggled.

It also helps that we have a lot of guys with a couple of hundred ABs or more at the collegiate level.  This is a very veteran lineup with some excellent underclassmen mixed in.

ucahogfan

razCzar

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 17, 2018, 06:29:14 pm
This offense should be ashamed about the bottom of the 1st.  They left the bases loaded.
lol... good one.
Only scoring 30 to their 6 this weekend simply won't do.

JHicks3636

Yep, let's walk the leadoff hitter with a 7 run lead. May take him a few minutes to wake up from the nap he got that inning.

ThisTeetsTaken

ucahogfan

Johnson grounds one to Shaddy, but a wild shotput throw to Biggers is wide.  Runners on 1B and 2B with 0 outs.  E4.

TebowHater

That's a big play against a team that can hit this well. Hopefully we can overcome it.

Murphy warming.

ucahogfan

Collett down swinging on just a filthy back foot slider.  Ramage's 2nd K.

Junior LHP Kacey Murphy begins warming in the Arkansas bullpen.