Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 20 THREAD: #5 Arkansas (15-4, 2-0 SEC) vs #4 Kentucky (14-5, 0-2 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 17, 2018, 05:13:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Not sure I havE ever seen the hogs hit like this for a whole series. Reminded me of LSU in the 80"s and 90"

Big sweep
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ucahogfan

I think Kentucky had only allowed 11 HRs all year entering the series.  The Hogs have hit 13 in the last 28 hours.  Pretty sure Fletcher and McFarland were the only two starters who did not hit a HR and Biggers, Cole, Koch, Bonfield, and Shaddy all had multiple HRs.

HogFansReunited

WPS!!! Great weekend for the Hogs.  Made the #4 team in the country look average at best.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Hogz87

Quote from: PoconoHog on March 17, 2018, 09:57:36 pm
We also only scored total of 39 runs...not 49
"Only" 39 runs.  Such a shame that we "only" averaged 13 runs per game in a series against the #4 team in the country.

That's meant to be 100% sarcasm, by the way.  Thank you to you and Ugly Uncle for clarifying.

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 17, 2018, 10:04:33 pm
I think Kentucky had only allowed 11 HRs all year entering the series.  The Hogs have hit 13 in the last 28 hours.  Pretty sure Fletcher and McFarland were the only two starters who did not hit a HR and Biggers, Cole, Koch, Bonfield, and Shaddy all had multiple HRs.

I'll be very interested to see how they do the rest of the way. Those dudes can hit. They squared up a ton of good pitches this weekend. Just didn't get a lot of timely hits with runners in scoring position.

Hjelle didn't get them off to a good start only going 3.1

Bullpen got taxed early.

Great weekend for us. We killed it.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

PoconoHog

Wonder how much the total team batting avg went up after this series....
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Bogghawg

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 17, 2018, 10:09:50 pm
That is going to be a long 11 hour bus ride home tomorrow.
Don't you know they're looking forward to that?  Maybe it's one of those deluxe charter busses with built in monitors so they can watch highlights of the weekend!
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

PoconoHog

Quote from: Hogz87 on March 17, 2018, 10:07:19 pm
"Only" 39 runs.  Such a shame that we "only" averaged 13 runs per game in a series against the #4 team in the country.

That's meant to be 100% sarcasm, by the way.  Thank you to you and Ugly Uncle for clarifying.
Understand....my use of the word "only" was all in fun
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

HogFansReunited

Does anyone know what happened before the series started that pissed DVH off? Radio guys said something about one of KY's assistant coaches smarter off to DVH when he asked who would be pitching.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 17, 2018, 10:19:38 pm
Does anyone know what happened before the series started that pissed DVH off? Radio guys said something about one of KY's assistant coaches smarter off to DVH when he asked who would be pitching.

I missed it. What did DVH do/say?

bulldog04

Anyone? I caught the tail end of them talking about it

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 17, 2018, 10:22:35 pm
I missed it. What did DVH do/say?

I don't know, just caught a little of what the radio guys said but didn't hear the full story.

Member #3568

Razorbacks#1

Let me sum this up. That was a baddaaassss team I saw yesterday and today against the #4 team in the NATION! Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

razCzar

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 17, 2018, 10:24:25 pm
I don't know, just caught a little of what the radio guys said but didn't hear the full story.
That IS the whole story... at least so far.
But with DVH, this is likely the end of it - which it should be (at least for public consumption).

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Pig Mania

Today was the most dominant thrashing I've ever seen displayed by Razorback baseball. 10 HR in 1 day!!

Hopefully we can keep some of this momentum going. Never seen this combination of pitching and hitting on a team before

Rockhawg

Hogs batted .419 for the series is what they said on the Radio! WPS

razCzar

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 17, 2018, 10:29:54 pm
Really hope someone does a highlight video from this weekend
Which could be used later in our NC highlight film, ie
  "The Juggernaut Series that defined Razorbacks' Run to the Championship"

porkchopsdontfloat

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 17, 2018, 10:29:54 pm
Really hope someone does a highlight video from this weekend

It would probably be as long as a regular game.
The world will little note, nor long remember, the debates that distract us from what really matters, but it will remember that we wasted our lives calling strangers on the Internet retarded for liking the wrong things.

snoblind

BroyledNutts

Kentucky refused to tell DVH who their starting pitcher was going to be for game 2 ... He blithely said "Whatever. That's kinda childish, but whatever." Turned out it became fuel for the dugout, and they took it out on the "mystery" pitcher - and everyone else, for that matter.

Guys I gotta say - I've seen a lot of Razorback baseball, and I've listened to a lot of Razorback baseball ... aside from a very few hiccups, this series was the most complete destruction I've ever seen the Hogs inflict on an SEC opponent - in every phase of the game ... and against the #4 team in the nation no less.

That was the most fun I've had at the park in I don't know how long. It made my St. Patrick's Day even better. The crowd was into it, the players were into it, everyone had fun. The RBI girls even seemed hotter, if that's even possible. My only regret was that it was against Kentucky and not LSU ... they've had a weekend like this coming for a looooooooooong time.

They play like this at the right time of the year and it will be an incredibly special season indeed.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 17, 2018, 10:08:41 pm
I'll be very interested to see how they do the rest of the way. Those dudes can hit. They squared up a ton of good pitches this weekend. Just didn't get a lot of timely hits with runners in scoring position.

Hjelle didn't get them off to a good start only going 3.1

Bullpen got taxed early.

Great weekend for us. We killed it.
What was really the difference between the two offenses was the extra base hit.  Kentucky probably had 7-8 on the weekend total while we probably 20 or so.  It's hard to score a ton of runs if the opposing team is limiting free base runners via walks, HBPs, and errors like we did this weekend pretty well as well as limiting extra base hits.  We've done a good job of limiting extra base hits so far this year.  Hopefully that continues because we will win a lot of games.

pigture perfect

Quote from: gguillo on March 17, 2018, 09:50:13 pm
Sweep TX & sweep the #4 team... probably the best week of hog baseball I can remember in many many years!
I agree
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

rljjr

39 runs
49 hits
13 Home runs
74 Nate Northington commercials
It just means more

Great series! I'm going to have to remind myself we won't always win comfortably — I got a little spoiled this weekend.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Kevin on March 17, 2018, 10:01:53 pm
Not sure I havE ever seen the hogs hit like this for a whole series. Reminded me of LSU in the 80"s and 90"

Big sweep

I have no idea what DVH is paying the hitting coach he hired away from SMS but he's worth every penny. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

TebowHater

DVH post game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoct3HTauW8
Edit - players post game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbvO0heHRRI

Said Murphy was sick as a dog which is why he didn't start. But after he saw the second inning comeback he said screw it just put me in and then just battled. Wouldn't let them take him out. Was throwing up in the dugout during the game per Bonfield.

He will get week off and be the starter next Sunday.

He also said Weston Rogers hasn't pitched yet this year because he's been hurt, but that he threw a bullpen on Friday that looked pretty good and he may get the ball in one of the midweek games.

Knot2brite

The Kentucky series has always had a little edge to it. Several years ago they came to Fayetteville and they were really really cocky and beat the Hogs the first game and the Hogs took the next two including a game in which Colin Kuhn hit a bomb that gave the Hogs the win. The look on the Kentucky players face was priceless. They looked like someone had just stole their sunshine. It was glorious
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hawgzinbowlz

The unleashed bats of The Hogs sent the imposter's scurrying back to Kentucky with their tails tucked between their legs.

" GO OMAHOGS "

Hawgphish

Earlier in this thread it was said that they told our batgirls not to touch their bats...

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 18, 2018, 08:30:57 am
The Kentucky series has always had a little edge to it. Several years ago they came to Fayetteville and they were really really cocky and beat the Hogs the first game and the Hogs took the next two including a game in which Colin Kuhn hit a bomb that gave the Hogs the win. The look on the Kentucky players face was priceless. They looked like someone had just stole their sunshine. It was glorious

The Easter Miracle ... 17-16 ... I can still see that HR ...

thebignasty

Quote from: TebowHater on March 18, 2018, 08:14:00 am

Said Murphy was sick as a dog which is why he didn't start. But after he saw the second inning comeback he said screw it just put me in and then just battled. Wouldn't let them take him out. Was throwing up in the dugout during the game per Bonfield.

Impressive as all hell.

Hoggiedawg

trippigs

Bacons Rebellion

That was a great two days of baseball.

I sure hope we don't see Kentucky in any tournament. Based on my experience, we would be doomed.

hogwild04

Quote from: TebowHater on March 17, 2018, 09:20:53 pm
Just out of curiosity, is Bonnin in the doghouse or is he just the likely Tuesday starter?

Believe Bonnin was going to start Sunday,  a little soreness in shoulder not 100%, I'm  sure they are not going to chance a kid that has not been pitching that much during his baseball life, ( was a highly recruited Shortstop his soph and Jr year, #1 ranked SS in Texas by PG) which now makes sense on last games velo, and why he did not go this wknd. 

jbell96

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 18, 2018, 08:30:57 am

I also remember in our 2015 series win against UK, they hit a meaningless homer in the 9th inning of game 3, and the guy who hit it was talking crap as he rounded the bases, which lead to I think either Wernes or Eagan getting in a verbal spat with him.

jbell96

Aklinski is a tool shed. Guy was pumping his fist at us down the first base line like he put them ahead, after he singled in the 9th to make it 16-9, but I want to thank him for his bat flip and plate stomp, because it woke us up, and led to the middle inning barrage that put the game away.

From what I could tell, outside of him, most of their guys seemed okay, even Pompey seemed to be a good sport with all of the ribbing from the Hog Pen. Also, in between games, I saw a lot of their guys take time to talk with and sign a ball for a young UK fan. Weird mix of likeable guys and jerks on that team. LOL

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: Hawgphish on March 18, 2018, 11:32:59 am
Earlier in this thread it was said that they told our batgirls not to touch their bats...

Man. That WOULD be harsh.

Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!