Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Great game by the Hogs !!
They were relaxed and confident.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hawgin84

Hawgin84

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

1highhog

Great Hog win!!  How many more do we need?  I don't follow baseball enough to know.

artyhog

It was great to listen to the game on the radio.

I had to work delivering mail.  I was having to run from door to door to get back to the truck to listen to more of the game.

When the Hogs got up 10-4, I slowed down.  But I did get to listen to the final outs.

What a game.  So much for those that think that the Hogs are the underdogs for the CWS.

Go Hogs.

Great game.

Table Rocker

i'm sure this has been covered and i apologize but when is our next game?

LRHog234

We got stuck with those clown announcers.. and LSU vs Virginia gets Erin Andrews on the sidelines? That doesn't seem fair...

razorbackfan86

Quote from: Table Rocker on June 13, 2009, 06:08:31 pm
i'm sure this has been covered and i apologize but when is our next game?

Monday night @ 6 pm CST on ESPN

Quote from: LRHog234 on June 13, 2009, 06:11:46 pm
We got stuck with those clown announcers.. and LSU vs Virginia gets Erin Andrews on the sidelines? That doesn't seem fair...

We'll have her Monday night :D

Table Rocker

Hawgrox

TuckFexas

Quote from: snoblind on June 13, 2009, 04:45:44 pm
152 pages to go for the longest thread on Hogville, sounds about right for a CWS championship

Not even close, but it's still impressive. You'd have to have been here awhile to know which thread was the longest.

WPS!! I had a GREAT time watching the Hogs whoop some ass today.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Mikey

1st CWS win in 20 years.  FINALLY.  Maybe we're finally going to get what we having been hoping for from DVH.

welchog

Great job Hogs and thanks to you guys on this thread keeping the karma tight.

Speaking of karma, I took off after that game and played 9 holes of golf.  I'm a bogey golfer, but got 2 birdies (the first a chip in), 4 pars and 3 bogeys for 1 over par.

SPAL

Thoughts on the game today:

Kuechel did a good job getting ahead of hitters and limiting walks. When he did get behind, it cost him. CS is an agressive team and when they got on base, they forced the issue.

we are having some really really good at bats. We are being patient, taking bad pitches, fouling off pitches, and waiting until we get the one we want, and we are hitting it hard. This postseason is the best i have ever seen us hit the ball.

Eibner needs to get it going at the plate. He is not having good at bats. It seems he is scared to swing in fear of striking out, so he lets pitches go by and strikes out looking. He needs to foul some of those outside pitches off to stay alive.

We are still playing loose. We are having fun and winning baseball games. Aside from eibner, nobody seems to be showing signs of angst. When you play loose, you win more thna you lose.

RazorWire™

Quote from: TuckFexas on June 13, 2009, 07:01:29 pm
Not even close, but it's still impressive. You'd have to have been here awhile to know which thread was the longest.

And I for one am glad it's gone. Caused nothing but trouble.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: RazorWire™ on June 13, 2009, 09:37:06 pm
And I for one am glad it's gone. Caused nothing but trouble.

I know you have changed your ways RW and I respect that a lot.  I still miss that thread though.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

welchog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 13, 2009, 10:08:55 pm
I know you have changed your ways RW and I respect that a lot.  I still miss that thread though.

That's one bad ass badge there HFR.  I'm an Army Engineer officer and know just what that piece of metal stands for.  +1

HawgNa280zx

I loved it when they threw the runner out trying to steal 3rd. Nice try, mikey!     WPS Beat lsu

centarkswine

Congrats to the Diamond Hogs!  WPS!!!!!!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

chiefsfan

Dang  maybe I should skip games more often

Thanks to hogbody for text messaging updates throughout.   Im sure I made some people mad with my constant phone checking

wps!!!!.   On to LSU
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

little piggy

someone should tell Eibner   don't forget to swing
texan by birth - razorback fan by the grace of god

razorbackfan86

Quote from: little piggy on June 14, 2009, 07:34:46 am
someone should tell Eibner   don't forget to swing

Someone should tell him to dial up a Georgia-esque type performance on Monday night

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

razorbackfan86

HogFansReunited

Quote from: 1highhog on June 13, 2009, 06:00:07 pm
Great Hog win!!  How many more do we need?  I don't follow baseball enough to know.

We need to win 4 more I believe.  LSU on Monday, the winner of the elimination game on Friday then the championship series that is best of 3.

Quote from: welchog on June 13, 2009, 10:13:31 pm
That's one bad ass badge there HFR.  I'm an Army Engineer officer and know just what that piece of metal stands for.  +1

Thanks but please no applauds.  I am on a mission to get the highest smite count on hogville.  Yeah I know, I have a lot of work to do.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

razorbackfan86

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 14, 2009, 05:09:06 pm
Thanks but please no applauds.  I am on a mission to get the highest smite count on hogville.  Yeah I know, I have a lot of work to do.

I just smited you for no reason

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

razorbackfan86

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

artyhog

I would not want to be left out of the Smite party.

Here's a - for you warrior.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 14, 2009, 05:24:33 pm
That's how it works.  If anyone else wants to trade smites for applauds go here.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=275564.765

For now on, everytime I see you on here I will smite you. But please don't take it personal

HogFansReunited

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 14, 2009, 05:51:01 pm
For now on, everytime I see you on here I will smite you. But please don't take it personal

It's a message board, I find it funny when people complain about their smite count. 

Member #3568

RazorWire™

June 14, 2009, 06:34:54 pm #7633 Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 06:36:48 pm by RazorWire™
Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 14, 2009, 06:29:35 pm
It's a message board, I find it funny when people complain about their smite count. 

I know somebody that has a coalition. In by which she has asked several people to smite a particular poster. From my view point if someone has such low self-esteem that their feelings get hurt when smited ; I ask that that person PM me so I can make a special list not to to hurt that persons feelings.

In fact I think I'll stop smiting period. It's pretty petty. Even " The Prodigy " gets a base on balls from now on ...

You just went to 1486

HogFansReunited

Quote from: RazorWire™ on June 14, 2009, 06:34:54 pm
I know somebody that has a coalition. In by which she has asked several people to smite a particular poster. From my view point if someone has such low self-esteem that their feelings get hurt when smited ; I ask that that person PM me so I can make a special list not to to hurt that persons feelings.

In fact I think I'll stop smiting period. It's pretty petty. Even " The Prodigy " gets a base on balls from now on ...

You just went to 1486

You just hurt my feelings by applauding me...does that count?  :P

Member #3568

razorbackfan86

Did I just get a ( - ) for caring about what you think? On a message board?

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

HighcountryHog

oh no, just saw Louis Coleman is on the mound tomorrow for LSU.  He pitched a complete game shutout against the Hogs in league play.

Somebody give me reason to think we can work this guy, please.
no bumps, no fat chicks

rzrbackrob

Quote from: highcount_hog on June 14, 2009, 08:56:39 pm
oh no, just saw Louis Coleman is on the mound tomorrow for LSU.  He pitched a complete game shutout against the Hogs in league play.

You just posted on it. The Thread is all that will be needed.
Good is the enemy of great

RazorWire™

Our hitters have seen his pitches now ?

UltimateHog

He pitched a scoreless 8th inning vs Virginia and could be off his game?
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Hollywood_HOGan45

gotta make coleman work and work early. Make him throw lots of pitches and maybe we can get to him.

gonna be very tough to win tomorrow but we can do it

hog.goblin

RazorWire™

Quote from: UltimateHog on June 14, 2009, 09:09:48 pm
He pitched a scoreless 8th inning vs Virginia and could be off his game?

Only threw 17 pitches ...

UltimateHog

Quote from: RazorWire™ on June 14, 2009, 10:34:05 pm
Only threw 17 pitches ...

Only?

LSU brought in their ace in game 1 of the CWS to pitch one inning.

Very dumb if you ask me.

I'd be pissed if we started Eibner vs CSF and brought in Keuchel for an inning.

I hope this throws Coleman off his routine, or causes his arm to tire more, or have a little leftover soreness or something.

I just think as a coach, you do not do that.

Just goes to say how much confidence he doesn't have in his bullpen.

We've gotta work him, foul off pitches, make him have 25+ pitch innings and get to their pen in the 6th or 7th in a close game, and with our experience in close games this year, I like our chances.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

little piggy

LSU is hamburger.  we smoke 'em tomorrow and i'm watchin'
texan by birth - razorback fan by the grace of god

hog.goblin

Quote from: UltimateHog on June 14, 2009, 10:47:51 pm
We've gotta work him, foul off pitches, make him have 25+ pitch innings and get to their pen in the 6th or 7th in a close game, and with our experience in close games this year, I like our chances.

This is the recipe for a win...about our only recipe.

olivebranchhog

Quote from: Hawg2011 on June 15, 2009, 02:03:19 am
This team is not the Hogs that LSU saw in conference play. Till we drop our first game, I believe we can't be beat :D.

THIS..

Well Ill see you guys tomorrow before and after the game. Not going to post during.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

razorbackfan86