Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transfer appeal denied

Started by HOG RED UMP, January 09, 2008, 10:00:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG RED UMP

"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

beansandtaters

Wow...they should be ashamed. A kid should be able to go to whatever school he chooses if he qualifies and wants to be there. These guys should get blasted. What kind of country do we live in?

dougieritch

I understand it both ways and personally since this favors Arkansas I think it's B/S but, there could be 10 players that want to leave UL and come to Arkansas b/c of Petrino, it would be opening up the flood gates and really hurt Louisville.  For perspective what if 10 players wanted to leave Arkansas and follow Nutty down to Ole Miss...we'd be pissed if the UofA allowed that to happen.

I understand the kid is good, and it would be great to have him, however Petrino and staff have a big task ahead trying to get some Defensive help...overall I'm more concerned with Ryan Mallet and where he may end up than a running back.  As you all know Running Backs are a dime a dozen, but 5-Star QB's with Rocket arms have been hard to come by for Arkansas.

TennesseeRaz

If UL is worried about players transferring to play for a coach who coached there two years ago, I'd say that they probably hired the WRONG coach to run their program now.

jpghog

Can he come to Arkansas and pay his own way for the first year?  I thought that was the only way the release came into play.  If Louisville would not release him, he could not be on scholarship at his new school until he was eligible to play.  Am I mistaken?

press ham

Quote from: dougieritch on January 09, 2008, 10:34:04 am
I understand it both ways and personally since this favors Arkansas I think it's B/S but, there could be 10 players that want to leave UL and come to Arkansas b/c of Petrino, it would be opening up the flood gates and really hurt Louisville.  For perspective what if 10 players wanted to leave Arkansas and follow Nutty down to Ole Miss...we'd be pissed if the UofA allowed that to happen.

i wouldn't be. if a kid wants to leave, beat it.

DeltaBoy

Let the Kid go where he wants.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

notreseveredname

Well, we can start telling recruits that have interest in us and in UL that if you goto Louisville and it doesnt work out then they will limit where you can transfer to.  This time its Arkansas, but whose to say that they won't limit other schools in the future

PigPusher

Quote from: beansandtaters on January 09, 2008, 10:24:51 am
Wow...they should be ashamed. A kid should be able to go to whatever school he chooses if he qualifies and wants to be there. These guys should get blasted. What kind of country do we live in?

This college football thing sure is two faced.  The coaches can do darn well what they want but not the students. Seems to be a form of slavery.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

gibby

So tell the kid to go to community college this spring, then go to ARK in the fall.  Screw UL.

looking_forward

Wow...now what kind of confidence does that show for your program for the university to deny one kid a chance to come here for fear that other players would attempt to do the same.  I mean if he really wants to come to the U of A then odds are he will transfer to a smaller school for a short semester then transfer here any way. Oy! Drama drama drama.
"No amount of ability is of the slightest avail without honor."-Andrew Carnegie

"Let us resolve to be masters, not the victims, of our history, controlling our own destiny without giving way to blind suspicions and emotions."-John Fitzgerald Kennedy

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/we_r_razrbcks/arkansas1.jpg

ekyle1

Quote from: beansandtaters on January 09, 2008, 10:24:51 am
Wonder if ESPiN will blast UL like they did us!

Hawgballz

Quote from: jpghog on January 09, 2008, 10:37:25 am
Can he come to Arkansas and pay his own way for the first year?  I thought that was the only way the release came into play.  If Louisville would not release him, he could not be on scholarship at his new school until he was eligible to play.  Am I mistaken?

I believe the way it works is that he would have o pay his own way for at least 2 years and maybe the rest of his college career.  Basically what they are saying is he will not be released from his Louisville scholarship if he came here and under NCAA rules he can not be on an Arkansas scholarship if he is still on a Louisville  scholarship, so he would have to pay his own way.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

chiefsfan

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 10, 2008, 01:08:43 am
I believe the way it works is that he would have o pay his own way for at least 2 years and maybe the rest of his college career.  Basically what they are saying is he will not be released from his Louisville scholarship if he came here and under NCAA rules he can not be on an Arkansas scholarship if he is still on a Louisville  scholarship, so he would have to pay his own way.

sort of.   He would have to sit out two years instead of one, which kills a year of eligiblity.  In addition he would have to pay his own way thiose first 2 years.    After those 2 years, then he could go on scholly here

I think thats right
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

ashleyswine

just another example of why the rules need to be overhauled