Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rank the following Recruiting Areas

Started by SooiecidetillNuttgone, January 05, 2008, 09:39:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Alright, all you recruiting experts out there.....

If you could, please rank the three most important recruiting locations for the UA, for developing a strong recruiting presence and why.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

fearless_leader

1) inside Arkansas if they're good enough to play in the SEC.  Don't take a kid just cause he's from Arkansas - but if he can play...

2) East Texas/NW LA (including DFW, Shreveport, Houston, Beaumont, Texarkana, Lufkin, Nacogdoches, Marshall, Longview, Carthage, Atlanta and all small towns in between)

3) Cherry picking or getting any kids you can out of metro Memphis, Birmingham, Atlanta, Miami, Tulsa, or elsewhere.

Doggtown31LCC

Quote from: fearless_leader on January 05, 2008, 09:51:29 am
1) inside Arkansas if they're good enough to play in the SEC.  Don't take a kid just cause he's from Arkansas - but if he can play...

2) East Texas/NW LA (including DFW, Shreveport, Houston, Beaumont, Texarkana, Lufkin, Nacogdoches, Marshall, Longview, Carthage, Atlanta and all small towns in between)

3) Cherry picking or getting any kids you can out of metro Memphis, Birmingham, Atlanta, Miami, Tulsa, or elsewhere.

agreed
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

tophawg19

1 texas 2 deep south [sec area] 3 oklahoma,mizzouri, kansas region.4 california. oklahoma and texas have been good in the past as has georgia . mississippi , louisanna , and tennessee haven't given us enough although each state has a tremendous group of kids each year . tulsa has been good to us lately . you can win a NC just by recruiting texas ,and the sec region . this is where most of the best atheletes come from.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

regi

1 Arkansas
2 EastTexas
3 Atlanta Metro
4 North Louisiana

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: fearless_leader on January 05, 2008, 09:51:29 am

Now THIS was what I was looking for.

I have to say that I'm a little surprised there isn't a portion of Florida on there somewhere.  It seems to me that since joining the SEC, we always have a few good ones from there.

And it certainly doesn't hurt that FL is probably second only to TX in pumping out D1 players.

Modified:
Now these posts are what I was looking for.  Good talk.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Dr Swineglove

January 05, 2008, 09:56:01 am #6 Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 10:06:53 am by Dr Swineglove
#1: Arkansas of course - we have to defend the home turf and really build a fence - Arkansas could easily
have been in a BCS bowl by now had we kept more of the best in-state players home the last few years.
As others have said, don't recruit an in-state kid just because he's an Arkansan, but we definitely need to keep the best players home.

Out of state
1: Texas - we have the largest talent field in America right at our front door.  Texas, Texas A&M, and TCU are each coming onto our schedule in the future - we'll begin playing a home game every year in Arlington TX, beginning soon. Our coaching staff is loaded with guys who can recruit Texas, who know Texas, and who understand how important Texas is to our future, as stated recently by Coach Petrino himself.  And the formula of recruiting Texas heavily has worked very well in the past for the UofA and OU both - take away the Texas players and OU is nothing more than another Texas Tech or Iowa State-type program.  Take away our Texas players, and the Hogs never would have won a SWC title back in the day.

2: Oklahoma - geographical proximity - Tulsa is the nearest large metro near NWA.  Geographically, and dare I say 'culturally,' eastern Oklahoma and NWA/the River Valley share a great many things.  Oklahoma is football-mad and produces good talent.  Of course OU and OSU get the majority of good in-state recruits, but historically Arkansas has always recruited the Tulsa metro very well.  I think Oklahoma is good for several three star recruits per/year - but the question is, would we ever get a four star away from OU and OSU?

3: Toss up - Louisiana and Florida - historically, we've never recruited either very well.  Both are major recruiting hotbeds, and we now have some coaches who are both known for their recruiting ability and have Florida/LA connections.

Areas Arkansas ought to recruit well include Joplin/Springfield and Memphis - the MO metros are basically just NWA-North - why don't we have a better presence there?  And Memphis is a lot like Little Rock.  If Mississippi can recruit Memphis, why not we?
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: 1. Arkansas- ONLY if they are SEC caliber and they fit our system of offense/defense.
2. Texas-the most productive state in the USA in terms of producing 4 and 5 star recruits. Texas cannot and does not get all of them. There is a reason OU is successful there every year. They recruit it hard and they know that they all do not want to go to Texas. The state of Texas is ripe for our picking. We just have to work for it harder than the next person, and everybody else.
3. East Coast/West Coast- Why don't we recruit there? Well up until the new staff that Petrino has put into place, the old staff admitted that it was financially not worth the time and cost. We HAVE to develop a presence on the Coast's of the USA. There is a reason they are not familiar with Arkansas football..... WE DON'T RECRUIT THERE!!! Your guess is as good as mine. This will all change as soon as Petrino gets going. We will start to pick from recruits across the country, not just regionally.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on January 05, 2008, 09:56:01 am
#1: Arkansas of course - we have to defend the home turf and really build a fence - Arkansas could easily
have been in a BCS bowl by now had we kept more of the best in-state players home the last few years.
As others have said, don't recruit an in-state kid just because he's an Arkansan, but we definitely need to keep the best players home.

Out of state
1: Texas - we have the largest talent field in America right at our front door.  Texas, Texas A&M, and TCU are each coming onto our schedule in the future - we'll begin playing a home game every year in Arlington TX, beginning soon. Our coaching staff is loaded with guys who can recruit Texas, who know Texas, and who understand how important Texas is to our future, as stated recently by Coach Petrino himself.  And the formula of recruiting Texas heavily has worked very well in the past for the UofA and OU both - take away the Texas players and OU is nothing more than another Texas Tech or Iowa State-type program.  Take away our Texas players, and the Hogs never would have won a SWC title back in the day.

2: Oklahoma - geographical proximity - Tulsa is the nearest large metro near NWA.  Geographically, and dare I say 'culturally,' western Oklahoma and NWA/the River Valley share a great many things.  Oklahoma is football-mad and produces good talent.  Of course OU and OSU get the majority of good in-state recruits, but historically Arkansas has always recruited the Tulsa metro very well.  I think Oklahoma is good for several three star recruits per/year - but the question is, would we ever get a four star away from OU and OSU?

3: Toss up - Louisiana and Florida - historically, we've never recruited either very well.  Both are major recruiting hotbeds, and we now have some coaches who are both known for their recruiting ability and have Florida/LA connections.

Areas Arkansas ought to recruit well include Joplin/Springfield and Memphis - the MO metros are basically just NWA-North - why don't we have a better presence there?  And Memphis is a lot like Little Rock.  If Mississippi can recruit Memphis, why not we?

Great post.

I see Florida opening up to us a little bit better in the future with BP's style of offense.
His response to me:

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 05, 2008, 09:39:56 am
Alright, all you recruiting experts out there.....

If you could, please rank the three most important recruiting locations for the UA, for developing a strong recruiting presence and why.

#1-Keep the very best of the Arkansas kids-pick the ones we really want.
#2-Texas-They have 31 Five and Four Star athletes in the Rivals top 250 this year. There is plenty of opportunity there for us.
#3-The states surrounding Arkansas(excluding Texas) generated 23 Five and Four Star athletes in the Rivals Top 250 this year with the most coming from Louisiana(6) and Mississippi(6). We need to reach out and snag 3-4 or more out of these areas as well.
#4-The biggest numbers in talented kids belong to California and Florida who each have 35 Five and Four Star Athletes in the Rivals 250. We should reach out and grab one from each of these areas every year, being very selective that these kids are considered "super athletes" and "difference makers".

If we do this, we will have 15-20 Four and Five Star signees every year and will have the foundation of talent to support a run at a NC. JMO
Go Hogs Go!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

January 05, 2008, 10:13:16 am #10 Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 10:26:17 am by SooiecidetillNuttgone
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 05, 2008, 10:07:04 am
#1-Keep the very best of the Arkansas kids-pick the ones we really want.
#2-Texas-They have 31 Five and Four Star athletes in the Rivals top 250 this year. There is plenty of opportunity there for us.
#3-The states surrounding Arkansas(excluding Texas) generated 23 Five and Four Star athletes in the Rivals Top 250 this year with the most coming from Louisiana(6) and Mississippi(6). We need to reach out and snag 3-4 or more out of these areas as well.
#4-The biggest numbers in talented kids belong to California and Florida who each have 35 Five and Four Star Athletes in the Rivals 250. We should reach out and grab one from each of these areas every year, being very selective that these kids are considered "super athletes" and "difference makers".

If we do this, we will have 15-20 Four and Five Star signees every year and will have the foundation of talent to support a run at a NC. JMO

You must not have been posting for long.  Everyone on the "internets" knows that you aren't supposed to ever use facts or sources to back up your claims.

Seriously though....Good stuff.

I knew that Florida was a powerhouse for recruits.  Everyone knows Texas is a powerhouse for recruits.

However, I keep forgetting that Cal has its fair share of recruits.

Edit:
Based on what you are showing, we should make a hard push in Miss.  Ole Miss, MSU, and Southen Miss aren't exactly dream locations for highly sought after recruits.
Why not UA?  Why not BP?  Why not NWA?
We had a lot to offer to begin with, and now that BP's on board, the offer just got sweeter.

Also, as I stated earlier, I think Florida is a hotbed just waiting for us to raid, now that we have a good coach, and a modern offense.
His response to me:

snortyann

The Boar War

1) Arkansas.  I see that we pretty much all agree that keeping the instate talent is a must.  Not only does it keep Arkansas pride on the team but it makes it much less frustrating when you don't see an Arkansan on the other sideline beating you.

2) Texas.  Always has been and always will be our home away from home win it comes to recruiting.  Oklahoma made a program out of getting kids from Texas.

3) Gulf Coast (LA-MS).  LSU wakes up every morning with an advantage over other SEC schools.  It doesn't have to travel over 2 hours to find a team that is SEC caliber.  We have to tap into this resource.  Mississippi has more pro athletes per capita than any other state in the union.

With that being said I think we have put together a staff who can recruit these areas.  Horton and Allen know the Arkansas programs and coaches already.  THe rest will get to know them soon.  Winning and tradition will also bring in the AR kids.

Dean Cambell, Bobby Allen, and Kirk Botkin all have inroads into Texas.  The others are going to have to build on that success.

Ellis Johnson and Kirk Botkin both have coached in Miss and Louisiana for the past couple of years.  Im sure they have recruiting ties.  Lorenzo Ward is also from Alabama so Im sure he knows some of the programs down there.

MuskogeeHogFan

January 05, 2008, 10:33:40 am #13 Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 10:35:21 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 05, 2008, 10:13:16 am
You must not have been posting for long.  Everyone on the "internets" knows that you aren't supposed to ever use facts or sources to back up your claims.

Seriously though....Good stuff.

I knew that Florida was a powerhouse for recruits.  Everyone knows Texas is a powerhouse for recruits.

However, I keep forgetting that Cal has its fair share of recruits.

Edit:
Based on what you are showing, we should make a hard push in Miss.  Ole Miss, MSU, and Southen Miss aren't exactly dream locations for highly sought after recruits.
Why not UA?  Why not BP?  Why not NWA?
We had a lot to offer to begin with, and now that BP's on board, the offer just got sweeter.

Also, as I stated earlier, I think Florida is a hotbed just waiting for us to raid, now that we have a good coach, and a modern offense.

I agree. I see it this way. Get all the Arkansas kids that we actually want....let's say 4 each year. Areas around Arkansas excluding Texas, we pick up 6 more. Texas, we sign 6. Georgia, we sign 1. Florida we sign 1, California, we sign 1. That's 19 top rated recruits every year, provided we have those scholarships available. Just go after the very best, wherever they are.
Go Hogs Go!

OKhogfan1959

1) Arkansas!!!
2) Texas!
3) Lousiana
4) Miss
5) Oklahoma, we need to get a few from OU land. OU doesn't recruit instate that much and Kansas had several key players from Okie land.

Must do better in Texas is #1 priority.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Yeah, obviously Arkansas must be the top priority.

I'd like to think that we're capable of having more than 4 per year that we'd want though.  Based just on the last few years, it appears that we're closer to 6 and maybe even 8 in some good years, assuming that we take all that are capable of being on the team, not just stars.

I'm very interested to see what our recruiting looks like with BP's third class, (second with a full season to work with).

I'm guessing that we can expect to start seeing 3rd and 4th in SEC vs. 8th-10th, and classes that rank in the top 20, rather than around 35.
His response to me:

tophawg19

sorry mhf but arkansas is producing at least 10 must have kids every year . you can't go by stars . we don't get the credit we deserve.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jdevers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 05, 2008, 10:07:04 am

Are you serious?  You know how nearly impossible it would be for us to get 15 4+ star players here every year?  And 20 basically is a pipe dream at best.  USC has 3 five star players and 8 four star recruits committed right now.  Florida has 2 five star and 7 four star players.  Georgia has 3 five star and 12 four star players.  LSU has 0 five star and 10 four star players.  Texas has 0 five star and 12 four star players. Alabama has 2 five star and 15 four star players.  So, of that list only Alabama has 15+.  It is great to aim high, but seriously keep it at least attainable.  We would be lucky to pull in a five star or two every other year or so at best and 8-10 four star players every year.  We could build a heck of a team with that.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 05, 2008, 10:43:34 am
Yeah, obviously Arkansas must be the top priority.

I'd like to think that we're capable of having more than 4 per year that we'd want though.  Based just on the last few years, it appears that we're closer to 6 and maybe even 8 in some good years, assuming that we take all that are capable of being on the team, not just stars.

I'm very interested to see what our recruiting looks like with BP's third class, (second with a full season to work with).

I'm guessing that we can expect to start seeing 3rd and 4th in SEC vs. 8th-10th, and classes that rank in the top 20, rather than around 35.

Arkansas produces 3-5 every year that are ranked in the Rivals Top 250. We have to and should get, every one of those. We want to pick and choose who we want. Just because the kids are from Arkansas and may love Arkansas, does not mean that they are kids that we should offer scholarships to. The only way they get offered is 1) they have the talent level necessary to compete at the highest levels and 2) they fit our particular needs for that year.
Go Hogs Go!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 05, 2008, 10:51:37 am
Arkansas produces 3-5 every year that are ranked in the Rivals Top 250. We have to and should get, every one of those. We want to pick and choose who we want. Just because the kids are from Arkansas and may love Arkansas, does not mean that they are kids that we should offer scholarships to. The only way they get offered is 1) they have the talent level necessary to compete at the highest levels and 2) they fit our particular needs for that year.

No argument here.....
However, when we get to that level, we'll be a top 5 program, IMO.  As optimistic (spit) as I've become, I don't see us at that level for a few years....maybe 5 at the soonest.
His response to me:

MuskogeeHogFan

January 05, 2008, 11:00:43 am #20 Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 11:11:28 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: jdevers on January 05, 2008, 10:50:43 am
Are you serious?  You know how nearly impossible it would be for us to get 15 4+ star players here every year?  And 20 basically is a pipe dream at best.  USC has 3 five star players and 8 four star recruits committed right now.  Florida has 2 five star and 7 four star players.  Georgia has 3 five star and 12 four star players.  LSU has 0 five star and 10 four star players.  Texas has 0 five star and 12 four star players. Alabama has 2 five star and 15 four star players.  So, of that list only Alabama has 15+.  It is great to aim high, but seriously keep it at least attainable.  We would be lucky to pull in a five star or two every other year or so at best and 8-10 four star players every year.  We could build a heck of a team with that.

Yeah, out of 14 committments that USC has, 11 are four and five star players. That doesn't mean they aren't going to go all the way up to 20 signees of equal caliber. Remember, they used 2 of their scholarships early getting an All SEC Freshmen Team receiver out of Arkansas and a Gatorade POY, AA, Blue Chip QB out of Arkansas as well. So bascially, that is 16 comittments, 13 of which are top rated recruits and they aren't even finished yet.

I agree that having as many as I said for Arkansas is a huge goal. But I know this, you have to aim high to hit the mark, and this old thing of "stinkin thinkin", seeing Arkansas as not being able to measure up, has to go away. We can only reach our goals if we believe we can and make the effort. So what if they are huge goals? We can shrink back in a hole and reclaim that "poor ole Arkiensaw" attitude or we can get off the porch and go compete. I would rather get out there and try than sit on the prch and say, "that's too high of a goal for me".

And just for the record, I am not saying we should aim to sign 15-20 five star players every year, though that would be great. That is pretty much not realistic. But 1-3 Five stars and 10-12 Four Stars every year is realistic.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 05, 2008, 10:53:22 am
No argument here.....
However, when we get to that level, we'll be a top 5 program, IMO.  As optimistic (spit) as I've become, I don't see us at that level for a few years....maybe 5 at the soonest.

Confucious say, "The journey of a thousand miles, begins with one step".
Go Hogs Go!

razorzapp

MS should be easier to recruit now.  Ole Miss will be recruiting 2-3 star players and only those who were born wanting to be rebels. 

razorhoggs

For what it's worth; 1) Arkansas see above for that!
                           2) Texas a very fertile breeding ground for talent!
                           3) The metro areas of Memphis, Tulsa, St.Louis would be next hit those ares hard and
                               find some top notch talent!
                           4) I know you said three, but do not forget N. Louisianna we used to get 2-3 players out
                               area and now we do not even get a gift at all out of that state.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 05, 2008, 10:49:09 am
sorry mhf but arkansas is producing at least 10 must have kids every year . you can't go by stars . we don't get the credit we deserve.

I've seen this argument a lot.  Some say it's because we're a small state with a lot of small schools that a lot of our kids don't really get evaluated, and that a lot of talent doesn't show up on the lists.

So I'm asking if this line of thought can be defended.  Does anyone have some names, recruiting stars/evaluations, and what they actually went on to do?  Both pro and con?
His response to me:

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: razorhoggs on January 05, 2008, 11:03:50 am
For what it's worth; 1) Arkansas see above for that!
                           2) Texas a very fertile breeding ground for talent!
                           3) The metro areas of Memphis, Tulsa, St.Louis would be next hit those ares hard and
                               find some top notch talent!
                           4) I know you said three, but do not forget N. Louisianna we used to get 2-3 players out
                               area and now we do not even get a gift at all out of that state.

After LSU, where's a kid from Louisiana going?  And....as we've stated on here before, just because a kid grew up in a state, doesn't mean he doesn't want to get away from the parents and play for a different state.
I think Louisiana and Miss need some serious new attention.
Texas obviously.
His response to me:

Fatman

The formula we have used in the successful past was keep all in state kids , go to Texas and only go after 4 and 5 star recruits as there are plenty to go around. We have had sucess in Louisiana in the past and now that BP is here go to Florida and south Georgia more where there is a boat load of football talent. And whatever we do don't take grit's word on any kid at all!!! Richard Davenport is the new expert as far as I am concerned.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 05, 2008, 10:49:09 am

Well, the rankings are certainly an indicator or benchmark of talent. Some prove out, some don't, but you have to go by something. Occasionally, you will find a diamond in the rough(See Luigs) and when you do, that is fine. While most of the time you and I agree, in this case, I would ask how you come up with your numbers? Opinion? We all have those.
Go Hogs Go!

razorzapp

i think we need to raise our expectations as far as recruiting goes.  we've been led to believe that we can't get 4-5 star players from TX, LA or FL so we shouldn't try.  i think with this staff we are going to see what real recruiting looks like.  we have state of the art facilities guys.  no one can argue that.  now we have a serious coach and staff to go with it.  things are gonna change in recruiting at UA.  hide and watch.

grayhawg

1 Arkansas
2 Texas
3 anywhere we can find blue chip players.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: nelson on January 05, 2008, 11:13:59 am
The formula we have used in the successful past was keep all in state kids , go to Texas and only go after 4 and 5 star recruits as there are plenty to go around. We have had sucess in Louisiana in the past and now that BP is here go to Florida and south Georgia more where there is a boat load of football talent. And whatever we do don't take grit's word on any kid at all!!! Richard Davenport is the new expert as far as I am concerned.

The successful past? Keeping all the Arkansas kids? Where have you been? We haven't been keeping all the Arkansas kids and I can't say that in terms of recruiting, we have been all that successful when measured against others.
Go Hogs Go!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 05, 2008, 11:16:44 am
The successful past? Keeping all the Arkansas kids? Where have you been? We haven't been keeping all the Arkansas kids and I can't say that in terms of recruiting, we have been all that successful when measured against others.

I think the successful past is getting a freak to join the team and then chucking anything that even resembles a viable offense or gameplan right out the window because it's "far more important" to win a game or two than to build toward the future.

You should know about this, we've only been abused with this as fans for the last 8 years.
His response to me:

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 05, 2008, 11:40:16 am
I think the successful past is getting a freak to join the team and then chucking anything that even resembles a viable offense or gameplan right out the window because it's "far more important" to win a game or two than to build toward the future.

You should know about this, we've only been abused with this as fans for the last 8 years.

We weren't talking about successful game plans, we were talking about recruiting and what the poster considered to have been "the successful past". We have not only been unsuccessful in overall recruiting(yes, we occasionally get the "freak" that turns out to be an all world kinf of player), but you are correct in that we have been blind or at the very least, letting pride get in the way of a sound decision, in going with an offensive or defensive game plan that would allow the players abilities to be best utilized. Example: D-Mac, as great a player as he is, could have been better and had even better numbers and probably would have won the Heisman, if we only had a more balanced offense that reduced opposing defenses abilities to key on him. So, if we are now talking about game plans, yes, we pretty much, overall, over the past 10 years on average, have screwed the pooch.
Go Hogs Go!

want2be

Quote from: jdevers on January 05, 2008, 10:50:43 am

Getting a base of 4* (7-10) is critical to get us in the top 15 of recruiting class, but the key is finding those 3* players who have the heart and will to be coached up. You can have all the stars in the world but if you've got the big head and little heart it won't work. Petrino is supposed to be an excellent judge of character and talent which fits his discipline and program.

Ahog4life

1. Arkansas- We put out enough good players that there is a need to protect our house.
2. Texas- Texas is football haven and we need to get at least 40 percent of our recruits from here
3. Lousiania- LSU locks up all there in state talent we need to go in and steal a few from them
4. Oklahoma- Mainly the tulsa area, but it would be nice to grab 3 or 4 good prospects from here a year
5. Mississippi- MS produces good talent and Nutt is sure to burn ties down there quick

netteltonhog

Arkansas first.  We are the home team.  Texas second, with all the players Texas has lets take some away.  Louisiana.  If we want to beat LSU all the time we have to take some of their recruits.  Nationally.  Every young man growing up dreams of moving away.  Talk to all of them. 

jackflash

ARKANSAS because recruiting starts with your home state
1TEXAS because the amount of talent there is this state
2 LOUISIANA because the success we had there when F Hill was on staff
3 FLORIDA AND GEORGIA Because of what I think BP can do there

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jackflash on January 06, 2008, 10:02:05 pm
ARKANSAS because recruiting starts with your home state
1TEXAS because the amount of talent there is this state
2 LOUISIANA because the success we had there when F Hill was on staff
3 FLORIDA AND GEORGIA Because of what I think BP can do there

Let's say we have 20 scholarships to offer each year. I see the breakdown as being the top 4-5 kids from Arkansas every year. Texas-8, States surrounding Arkansas-5 to 6, Georgia, Florida and California-1 each. The team will be better because we will have great talent and the team will be better because there will be greater competition within the team.
Go Hogs Go!