Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hunter Henry drop question

Started by hogsevenseven, November 28, 2015, 12:29:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsevenseven

Just curious to know whether the incomplete pass to HH in the 1st quarter was ruled a drop or not.  Later in the game, on a completion to HH, one of the announcers mentioned the fact of no drops all year.  He didn't say anything about that pass in the 1st quarter. My son and I discussed it for a few minutes,  but neither one of us knew how it was ruled.

TomasPistola

It's a drop. He held it and dropped it. How could it not be?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Bubba's Bruisers

Do they give a drop to the WR when it was broken up by the DB?   Is there a distinction?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

trippigs

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 28, 2015, 12:39:31 pm
Looked like a catch and fumble.

I agree. He had a couple of steps before the second guy knocked the ball out

Deep Shoat

Quote from: TomasPistola on November 28, 2015, 12:30:10 pm
It was scored as a PBU, not a drop.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: trippigs on November 28, 2015, 01:06:41 pm
I agree. He had a couple of steps before the second guy knocked the ball out

When I saw it live, i questioned it.  After replay, it didn't look like a catch to me, but thought it was too close to reverse.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Oklahawg

This is a great exercise in giving refs a small break, as I had it as an incompletion from the beginning.

Looked to me like he never controlled the ball despite taking a step and trying to make an athletic move. It was one of several gaffes with ball control that could be attributed to the weather. It didn't seem to slow us down.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 28, 2015, 01:12:14 pm
This is a great exercise in giving refs a small break, as I had it as an incompletion from the beginning.

Looked to me like he never controlled the ball despite taking a step and trying to make an athletic move. It was one of several gaffes with ball control that could be attributed to the weather. It didn't seem to slow us down.

Agree, I think refs got it right.  The defensive player made a great play to break it up.

onebadrubi

Quote from: TomasPistola on November 28, 2015, 12:30:10 pm

I think it is ruled a PBU, pass break up.

razorbacksnum1

Impressive to go a whole year and have ZERO drops...that's something.

Music City Razorback

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on November 28, 2015, 09:45:25 pm
Impressive to go a whole year and have ZERO drops...that's something.
He did have one lateral, though  ;D
"Sure. I'm proud to be an American."
-Cincinnati Reds rookie pitcher Steve Foster, asked by a Canadian customs agent if he had anything to declare.

nchogg

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 28, 2015, 01:12:14 pm

Exactly.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Music City Razorback on November 29, 2015, 12:30:18 am
He did have one lateral, though  ;D
Which the OM fans are still swearing was a fumble.  ;)
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.