Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I wonder if Jeff Long is okay with how the game turned out...

Started by Pecos Hog, September 23, 2017, 03:02:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pecos Hog

Close.   Moral victory, you know.     Winning isn't everything. :puke:

Wild Bill Hog

HamSammich

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 23, 2017, 03:02:00 pm

Of course he is. He is currently sipping brandy while playing canasta with his yankee friends.

titsonboar

He's reading a heartfelt letter from Sumlin thanking him for saving his job. Cue tears if camera is lit.

JOKERHOG

BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

NATEHOGG216

Yes. Still hasn't cost him $$$$ yet. He won't like it next year.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Sapperhog

Pecos Hog

Low expectations from the fanbase is good for our AD.    He wants us to embrace mediocrity.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Dr. Starcs

We're uncommon. 6 losses in a row to ags for the first time in like 80 years.

Farmer Hogget

It was a good game!  Were there some mistakes?  Indeed.  Do all teams make mistakes?  Absolutely!  Am I disappointed the Hogs lost?  Yes.  Team made a lot of progress since the TCU game.  Looked good most of the day.  All of you can gripe about Jeff Long until your face turns blue but it will accomplish nothing!  The longer he stays and the more your gripe, the happier I will be that he's here.  LOL.  And Coach, too!

Kevin

he sure was front and center, on the field at halftime with jerry.

fire him now
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BassinHawg

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

HamSammich

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on September 23, 2017, 03:15:01 pm
It was a good game!  Were there some mistakes?  Indeed.  Do all teams make mistakes?  Absolutely!  Am I disappointed the Hogs lost?  Yes.  Team made a lot of progress since the TCU game.  Looked good most of the day.  All of you can gripe about Jeff Long until your face turns blue but it will accomplish nothing!  The longer he stays and the more your gripe, the happier I will be that he's here.  LOL.  And Coach, too!

Before you post again just drive to sugar land and shoot me in the temple please.

HamSammich

Nvm there is a block feature I've never had to use before

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 23, 2017, 03:07:16 pm
Low expectations from the fanbase is good for our AD.    He wants us to embrace mediocrity.

Mediocrity would be a step up.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

rtr

Not a good choice of words.  If this makes you happy, you must be miserable.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Malvin

Winning is not a priority to him, he is busy figuring out how to come up with a new way to get more money from season ticket holders.

Redhogs

Who cares anymore...... not me.  This is gonna get really, really bad.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Jeff?????  Jeff?????? We all know it's really you.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Polecat

I just want to make sure all players make it to meetings on time this week
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

3kgthog

So, how's that NEZ expansion coming? Everyone still want their suite?

riccoar

As long as every player turned in all their homework this week, Long is peachy.

Pecos Hog

So says a true lover of mediocrity.

Pecos Hog

buldozer

Of course he is fine with it. He's thrilled we didn't get blown out. I can already hear him and CBB saying how close the game was and how the ball just didn't bounce our way at the end.....

East Clintwood

Quote from: LRrazorback on September 23, 2017, 03:06:43 pm
He's going over gpa's

And discovering that we're not winning that conference or division title either.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

010HogFan

woof..

Sapperhog

Just stop Jeff. We see right through you.

HardCore

Why would he give a damn?  Not HIS Alma Matter.  Fire him!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Ironhawg

bphi11ips

He's probably watching TCU handing Oklahoma State their heads.

Arkansas lost 2 games late to two very good football teams. Most fans would rather gripe than look at it for what it really is. But like Agim said, nobody wants to win more than the players, and they played hard today.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hoghearted

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 23, 2017, 04:43:20 pm
He's probably watching TCU handing Oklahoma State their heads.

Arkansas lost 2 games late to two very good football teams. Most fans would rather gripe than look at it for what it really is. But like Agim said, nobody wants to win more than the players, and they played hard today.

I think you may be exaggerating, just a tad. I will give you TCU, but A&M is not a 'very good' team.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

kiddhog

Hey guys/gals ! the football season doesn't matter ! We've already won the most important season ! The offseason we are 4-0 in that regard - we graduate players - team GPA - no problems !

if we were to win during the actual football season , that would be a bonus ! It's all about prioritizes !

i love that our guys are good citizens , I really do ! At some point, wins have to be a factor in wins ? don't we ??

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: hoghearted on September 23, 2017, 04:45:55 pm
I think you may be exaggerating, just a tad. I will give you TCU, but A&M is not a 'very good' team.
I agree. TAMU is not a good football team - Kirk is a good football team!!! Again, star player smoked the Hogs for 21pts...😒

Hoginsavga

Anyone that asks himself questions and then provides his own answers is incapable of carrying on a conversation with anyone other than himself. So carry on with yourself you tool.

TCU is much better today than when they played us.  And so are we.  Of course we had to improve 200 percent to just be bad which is where we were today.  We played a team today that was ripe for the taking.  They were not going just roll over and give it away but were willing to lose if pressed.  We were our pitiful self a 5th year program going nowhere.  we have enough talent on this team to have beaten the TCU team of 2 weeks ago and certainly enough to beat this near all freshmen team we faced today.  This team should be 3-0 right now and looking forward to  8 or if luck prevailed 9 wins this season.  Instead, we may win 2 more this season unless injuries overtake some of our competition. 

Did you notice what BAMA did to up and comer Vandy today.  Just let them know who the big dog is.  The other SEC schools can smell blood in the water and they will bitch slap us all season long.  I look for BAMA to just beat us bad enough to not hurt their rating, maybe 42-7 or 52-0.  Saban may not beat BB 52-0 though.  Remember BB run his jaw when he first came here to assist Saban in trying to outlaw the HUNH.  Saban takes care of his mental midgets.  BAMA could beat us 100-0 if they chose.

Oh and by the way, you just saw, if you were looking, why we wouldn't want Gundy as HC.  He just got schooled today by a smarter coach who came with his team ready to go to combat.  Patterson is durn good at that.  Gundy, not nearly as good.  Gundy at home with a very talented team but not ready to play.