Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How much Carcoal do you use and your favorite brand.

Started by DeltaBoy, July 07, 2012, 04:22:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkshogfan

Quote from: DeWayne R on March 29, 2016, 08:52:29 pm
I've switched to RO since OO went out of business or changed names. Did 4 10lb pork butts a couple weeks ago and got a fist size rock out of fire basket when I was done.
RO did buy OO out. They use the same slabs from local sawmills. What I've seen of it looks just like OO charcoal....

Boarcephus

I've switched over to RO and haven't missed a beat.  Looks and cooks like the OO of old.  I found a 17 1/2 pound bag of it at the Supercenter for a little less than $10.  The price is very good.  A bag that size of BGE Charcoal will run you $20+
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

I got to get the weber back out of my little barn and get grilling I have put it up twice since our Spring Break cause of Bad weather.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RazorWild

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 31, 2016, 06:40:25 pm
I've switched over to RO and haven't missed a beat.  Looks and cooks like the OO of old.  I found a 17 1/2 pound bag of it at the Supercenter for a little less than $10.  The price is very good.  A bag that size of BGE Charcoal will run you $20+

BGE lump is RO

DeltaBoy

Quote from: RazorWild on April 01, 2016, 07:15:57 pm
BGE lump is RO

If true than BGE is a rip off.  Cause Royal Oak usually cheaper than even Kingsford at my Walmart.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

ozarkshogfan

I know that before Ozark Oak sold to RO, they were bagging some of their charcoal for BGE...... 

RazorWild

Yes BGE does this with many products they sale.  They take a quality product, put their logo on it and jack the price up.  Same with the lump you buy at Kroger; made by RO.  THE NAKED WHIZ lump database has pretty good info.  They say that RO may save their "best" lump for BGE.  I don't believe that.  I do believe the larger bag you buy, typically you get larger peices of lump without the small dusty peices.  So, all that being said, you can't beat a 17.6 lb bag of RO at Home Depot for 12.97.  Or you can go to your local BGE dealer and get a 20lb have for upwards $22.  If I'm gonna spend that much, it's gonna be on some Wicked Good Weekend Warior for my low slows.

And like Boar said, Walmart does sell it at crazy cheap prices from time to time.  And when they do, I buy it all 😂

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag5.htm

DeltaBoy

Yep I believe it RazorWild and I going to get the Weber back out and get it Hot.

toshortrock

i bought kingsford over the weekend,,allways just about use kingsford,,but it seems to me that this bag had smaller chunks this time,,has anybody else notice this
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

DeltaBoy

Quote from: toshortrock on April 12, 2016, 09:31:38 am
i bought kingsford over the weekend,,allways just about use kingsford,,but it seems to me that this bag had smaller chunks this time,,has anybody else notice this

Last Kingsford I got was Labor day cause it was on a ridiculous sale at Lowes. 2 20 pound pack for $8:50

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/DanielPaulling/status/720269168914771968

I wonder which brand Rod Taylor takes.

QuoteOxford Police Department officer Steven Lewis wrote in a report obtained Tuesday by The Clarion-Ledger that Walmart loss prevention employee Gary Ferguson told Lewis that Taylor rang up items in a self-checkout line, paid for those items and then placed items he had not paid for into plastic bags he then put into his shopping cart.

The items in question, according to the report, were: two cans of baked beans; onions; potatoes; a 12-pack of grape soda; Ocean Spray juice; hamburger meat and one bag of charcoal.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

PorkRinds

I'm a fan of Rockwood charcoal.  It's a bit expensive but burns really clean and hot with very little ash. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 19, 2016, 11:18:19 am
I'm a fan of Rockwood charcoal.  It's a bit expensive but burns really clean and hot with very little ash. 
I will look for it. I got where I mix Royal Oak and Kingsford 50/50.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 19, 2016, 02:35:35 pm
I will look for it. I got where I mix Royal Oak and Kingsford 50/50.

It's not easy to find.  I had to order some bags direct and have them shipped.  I bet you could find it more readily available in TX.  Again, you're going to pay for it, so be warned.  But it's great charcoal.  Be warned though, it burns hot and clean.  There will hardly be any smoke/grill flavor unless you add some.  It barely gives off much smoke.  I like it because if I'm cooking pizza or dessert on the grill, it doesn't get a smoky flavor.  But I can add whatever smoking wood I want and get a controlled smoke. 

DeltaBoy

Royal Oak get a run on sale at Walmart at the end of May and around the 4th so I stock up then .

ShooShooBlue

twatever!!!😂

DeltaBoy

Wouold up cooking very little since May with my wife Summer battle with Cancer.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 16, 2016, 01:26:34 pm
Wouold up cooking very little since May with my wife Summer battle with Cancer.

Delta I hope she comes through as strong as ever. Thoughts and prayers for you guys.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 16, 2016, 03:35:28 pm
Delta I hope she comes through as strong as ever. Thoughts and prayers for you guys.

She got her last post op visit yesterday and she cleared to do what she wants. All the Cancer is gone. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 22, 2016, 10:03:56 am
She got her last post op visit yesterday and she cleared to do what she wants. All the Cancer is gone.

Awesome news bud.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaBoy

Got to mow Sat morning and going to fire up Mr. Weber in the afternoon unless we get rained out.  Then the Coleman RoadTrip will get hooked up and I will cook in the garage.   With the door open and my lounge chair handy.

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy