Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 03, 2024, 08:33:18 pm

Directv?

Started by Anthony McReynolds, November 28, 2009, 12:59:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony McReynolds

Ok i have directv and get stations out of tulsa.I live closer to nwa than tulsa is there a way to get nwa stations like

KFSM,KHOG-KBHS,KNWA,KFTA? I remember someone on here say they got stations from st louie and live in little rock.Would like to have nwa stations over tulsa thanks for any help.

Lanny

you should have the local stations on Direct TV.  Contact customer service
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Anthony McReynolds

They tell me that I can only get tulsa stations.even living about 30 minutes from fayetteville,compared to 1 hour and 30minutes from ttown does not make sense.

Bryan (CHF)

I have the same problem in SW Arkansas. I have to get Shreveport channels even though I'm in Arkansas and just as close to LR. I still get all the Hog games though. Just have to watch the awful out of state local news
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

SteveInArk

Quote from: CHF on November 29, 2009, 01:26:50 am
I have the same problem in SW Arkansas. I have to get Shreveport channels even though I'm in Arkansas and just as close to LR. I still get all the Hog games though. Just have to watch the awful out of state local news
Same here in Eureka Springs.  Our "local market" is Springfield MO, while most of NWA is much closer (except Ft Smith, the market center, but heck, we're in Arkansas).

Depending on your terrain out that way, good reception out to 50-60 miles is likely with an outside antenna--to get Ft Smith/NWA stations off-the-air (OTA).  The new digital stations are quite strong.  Then you can get both.  I get only KNWA due to mountains, but I get all our Springfield stations OTA also (50-60 mi), due to flatter terrain up that way.

DirecTV receivers allow you to "setup" your secondary off-air markets so you get the guide/programming schedules.  Convenient for taping hog news and coach's shows.  I would consider that unless you are down in a valley, or such.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

SteveInArk

Having two markets (regular and OTA) has lots of NFL benefits, in case you don't want to fork over the bucks for the NFL package.

For example, the Fox game that Springfield has is Seattle-STL, as expected.  But I want to see the Eagles game.  LUCKILY, the Ft Smith market FOX game is Wash at Phil. 
;)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown