Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Editing software info help needed

Started by 10thPlanet, April 13, 2009, 05:38:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

10thPlanet

April 13, 2009, 05:38:26 pm Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 05:39:58 pm by dkwvike
Looking for some input on which editing software for Mpg, DVD movies. It would also be nice if they would convert also. Suggestions? Thanks.

FaytownHog

Quote from: dkwvike on April 13, 2009, 05:38:26 pm
Looking for some input on which editing software for Mpg, DVD movies. It would also be nice if they would convert also. Suggestions? Thanks.
pc or mac?

10thPlanet

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

FaytownHog

Quote from: dkwvike on April 14, 2009, 12:51:59 am
PC......
how advanced of an editor are you? and what kind of videos/movies are you going to want to make? home movies of the kids vs a real movie to sale. a lot of things to consider when figuring out an editing program

10thPlanet

April 15, 2009, 10:44:30 pm #5 Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 10:46:13 pm by dkwvike
Quote from: FaytownHog on April 15, 2009, 01:02:40 am
how advanced of an editor are you? and what kind of videos/movies are you going to want to make? home movies of the kids vs a real movie to sale. a lot of things to consider when figuring out an editing program
Editing kids at bats(baseball). Probably somewhere in between. I've used Windows movie maker. I just can't get the quality I'm looking for. I appreciate everyones help.

FaytownHog

Quote from: dkwvike on April 15, 2009, 10:44:30 pm
Editing kids at bats(baseball). Probably somewhere in between. I've used Windows movie maker. I just can't get the quality I'm looking for. I appreciate everyones help.
i decent program that i've used before that is a little more advanced then windows movie maker is called Pinnacle. its pretty cheap, and if you surf around the web enough, could probably find a free download. it's basic enough that just about anybody can use it, but lets you have more control then wmm. i know there's a lot of programs out there, but i've personally used that one.

10thPlanet

Thanks FaytownHog, and Majestic! I'll give both those a try.