Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Viewing LFS televised games

Started by air, August 11, 2007, 11:44:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

air

For out of state fans that are not in the Lincoln Financial Sports viewing area, how are those fans viewing the razorback games televised by LFS?  I only get to see the games that are on ESPN or CBS but would like to see more of McFadden this season.  Does LFS stream the game over the internet? 

Any hogville slingbox or ORB users streaming it for other fans in the other parts of the country?  Just curious.

J_Ville_Devils_Den

August 11, 2007, 11:58:41 am #1 Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 12:00:53 pm by J_Ville_Devils_Den
Last year LFS was streamed on Yahoo and alot of the times it was the game of the week on Yahoo which made it free.

I saw more games last year, in one season than I ever have.  I've been out of state for 17 years.
Member Number:  #329

Major Payne: Do not attempt to valid my authority. I have eight weeks to turn you gaggling maggots into a well-discipline cadet unit. From this day forward your sorry asses belong to me. You will not eat, sleep, drink, blow your nose or dig in your buts without my say so. Know this, killing is my business, ladies, and business is good.

air

Quote from: J_Ville_Devils_Den on August 11, 2007, 11:58:41 am
Last year LFS was streamed on Yahoo and alot of the times it was the game of the week on Yahoo which made it free.

Awesome.  I wasn't aware that LFS was streamed on Yahoo.  What was the picture quality when expanded to full screen?  I'll have to check out the LFS site to see if they have the games slated to be televised this year.

J_Ville_Devils_Den

The quality wasn't always the greatest, but it was better than nothing which is what I'm getting this year.

Major Payne: Do not attempt to valid my authority. I have eight weeks to turn you gaggling maggots into a well-discipline cadet unit. From this day forward your sorry asses belong to me. You will not eat, sleep, drink, blow your nose or dig in your buts without my say so. Know this, killing is my business, ladies, and business is good.

air

I guess I'll take lower quality over not getting to see the games at all.  Hopefully, I'll get to see the Kentucky, Ole Miss, Miss State, South Carolina, and Tenn games via Yahoo. 

Was there a particular section under Yahoo sports or just right off the main page somewhere?

J_Ville_Devils_Den

There used to be a section in Yahoo Sports called Broadcast, but I do not se it there now.  maybe it comes up closer to the season, not sure.

J_Ville_Devils_Den

Try this link it is blocked here where I am, so i'm not sure if it works:

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/collegebroadcast

air

I'll check the Yahoo sports page periodically this season so that I don't miss any upcoming streams.  Too bad there is not a list of these types of fyi for out of state viewers.  Something like a repository of all links that stream the football and basketball games.

air

Cool, that link still works.  However, there are still no games listed on that page but I expect that to change in a couple more weeks ;D

J_Ville_Devils_Den

Also they do an outstanding job of "Play by Play" typing on this site for out of State or others that can't watch the games on TV.  That is the closet thing I will get to the real thing.

air

That is good info on the play by play.  Do they store the video for on demand viewing for a brief period after the games if you can't make it?  Probably not as that would take up a lot of disk space on their servers.

PigPusher

Quote from: J_Ville_Devils_Den on August 11, 2007, 11:58:41 am

I saw more games last year, in one season than I ever have.  I've been out of state for 17 years.

Watching it this way sure makes the season more rewarding.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.