Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WBB beats Kansas - great win!

Started by psycHOGlogist, December 06, 2012, 09:16:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

Great win over previously undefeated and #17 ranked Kansas tonight, with four players in double figures. Very scrappy, tenacious performance. I think Collen has really helped the team and program turn a corner.

Don't think we'll be as good as we were last season, but some players are really stepping up -- Peak, Bowen, Williams. The coaching shows.

Great win, team!

RICKHOGHEAD

mtnmn

They won with defense.  The defense since Nikki Collen took over is really good.  This team may go just as far as last year with a few more shots falling.

arkfan81

Have faith...

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: mtnmn on December 06, 2012, 09:31:57 pm
They won with defense.  The defense since Nikki Collen took over is really good. 

Totally agree. But it's very nice to be seeing double-doubles from Kiera Peak, of all people, and since the NCAA tournament last season, Q Williams has looked pretty legit. And Bowen is really improved, too. But you're right - it all starts with their defense.

mtnmn

The upper class women are playing well and the three sophomores look much improved.  I like the two freshmen.  Do you know what the deal is with the international player.  She is not dressed out.  Is she redshirting?

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: mtnmn on December 07, 2012, 06:50:51 am
The upper class women are playing well and the three sophomores look much improved.  I like the two freshmen.  Do you know what the deal is with the international player.  She is not dressed out.  Is she redshirting?
Yes, she is redshirting.  The reason was the NCAA did not qualify her - just missed, Arkansas appealed but did not win.  It is probably a good thing as the Coach said at his luncheon that she is learning English - probably help her in the long run.

pigture perfect

I saw this. Great job Ladies. Definitely worth watching.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

litmachog

This is a great win for the Hogs.  Playing really good defense right now.  The good thing is seeing the youth on the team that is playing well.  A good future for the Lady Backs.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NWAHogFan2