Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ladies do well in Hawaii

Started by mtnmn, November 25, 2012, 06:30:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mtnmn

The women wind up 2-1 in Hawaii.  They lost to 13th ranked Oklahoma in the opener by 3, beat Hawaii in game two and beat Oregon today.  This team may be better than I thought it might be.  Peak had a great tournament, scored a total of 80 points in the four games.

mtnmn

Opps, three games and 80 points.

Hogtied85

litmachog

She was good last year but just had to wait her turn behind the ones last year.  I'm looking for good things from her this year.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: mtnmn on November 25, 2012, 06:32:08 pm
Opps, three games and 80 points.
3 games and 70 points - the announcer can't add: 30 + 16 + 24 = 70, but still a great tournament.  She is becoming the player I envisioned when I first saw her as a freshman.  Domique Robinson being injured is giving her the opportunity to shine!

litmachog

What is the story on Robinson being hurt?  I hadn't heard this?

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: litmachog on November 28, 2012, 08:41:37 am
What is the story on Robinson being hurt?  I hadn't heard this?
She has had a history of health issues.  She does have a bad shoulder this year, but I believe this is a problem that she has had previously.  She was back playing tonight - maybe 10 minutes in a wrap up role.

litmachog

"In wrap up mode".  Will that be her status as she recovers or will that become her status this year due to the injury?  I have seen and heard of great potential from her.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: litmachog on November 30, 2012, 08:11:04 am
"In wrap up mode".  Will that be her status as she recovers or will that become her status this year due to the injury?  I have seen and heard of great potential from her.
She started last year with Peak the backup at the 3 position- both playing about the same amount of time.  This year before the season started, I asked the coach if they would both be on the floor at the same time - playing the 2 & 3 positions.  His reply was no as Robinson had a shoulder injury and would back up Peak.  Right now Peak is playing at an All American - rate - the MVP in Hawaii, SEC player of the week, and leading scorer in the SEC.  In addition Melissa Wolf who is a freshman has shown great potential and coach is trying to find a place for her on the floor - she has played the 2, 3, and 4 plus even the 5 against Oklahoma.  What I am saying is that playing time is going to be difficult on this team as we go 12 deep with little drop off.  I am also prejudice about Peak since she was a freshman, while also liking Robinson as a player.  We will only have to wait and see how the season plays out.  Right now this is the best offensive team that he has had - they share the ball very well - but not as good defensively. :razorback: :razorback: ::)

wbbfan32

If our ladies can get their defense worked out I think they will be fine going into SEC play. Regarding Robinson, Peak and Wolff have been outstanding to this point, so I'm not necessarily sure where Dominique fits in right now. She is a great defender but the other two have produced offensively as well up to this point. I really enjoyed watching Dominique Wilson play last night and believe she will be a special player in the future. Coming off what LadybackBBFan said, this teams chemistry seems to be better than in the past and it is fun to see them share the ball so much

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: wbbfan32 on November 30, 2012, 11:36:49 am
If our ladies can get their defense worked out I think they will be fine going into SEC play. Regarding Robinson, Peak and Wolff have been outstanding to this point, so I'm not necessarily sure where Dominique fits in right now. She is a great defender but the other two have produced offensively as well up to this point. I really enjoyed watching Dominique Wilson play last night and believe she will be a special player in the future. Coming off what LadybackBBFan said, this teams chemistry seems to be better than in the past and it is fun to see them share the ball so much
[/quote) I totally agree with you!

litmachog

Well I'm pleased with what I've seen so far.  I just hope they can keep it going into SEC play.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: litmachog on November 30, 2012, 08:11:04 am
This is an update on Dominique Robinson.  She is starting to look like she is getting healthy - played really well last night and also on Wednesday.  Coach will need her in the SEC.  The problem is how to give both her and Kiera Peak adequate minutes as both play the same position.  I believe Peak needs 25 - 30 minutes and Robinson 20 - 25, but that adds up to 50 minutes.  I personally would play both of them at the same time for 10 minutes - one at the two and the other at the three, but Coach told me earlier this year that he did not plan on doing that.  The more I watch the team, the more I am convinced that is the right thing to do as they both are more valuable than anyone currently playing the two position. :P :razorback: :razorback:

iluvmyslute89

11-1 and no top 25? must be alot of good teams in WBB

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: The Pig of destiny on December 22, 2012, 07:50:34 am
11-1 and no top 25? must be alot of good teams in WBB
Womens Basketball rankings are based upon tradition - who has been good consistently over time.  It takes time to build up as a newcomer.  Remember last years team went to the second round of the NCAA and alsmost made the final 16, but never were ranked in the top 25.

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on December 22, 2012, 08:33:26 am
Womens Basketball rankings are based upon tradition - who has been good consistently over time.  It takes time to build up as a newcomer.  Remember last years team went to the second round of the NCAA and alsmost made the final 16, but never were ranked in the top 25.
are they better this year? haven't seen em. I thought they were pretty good last year myself but thats just me.