Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pebble...that tournament before Tiger tees it back up

Started by kingofdequeen, February 05, 2018, 02:39:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingofdequeen

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

kingofdequeen

RagingHawgOn

ricepig

Jackrabbit Hog

Jackrabbit Hog

It's early yet, but Chez Reavie is -3 thru 3, so you can just go ahead and engrave his name on the trophy.

Hossler is -2 thru 4.  No word on what his mom's stroke looks like today.

Jackrabbit Hog

Day one almost in the books, and Beau Hossler is leading the Crosby.  If he wins and his mom is there, the internet will implode on Sunday.

GolfNut57

For those few here who have the money and means to have played Pebble Beach before, (you lucky bastids  >:( ) what is the latest going rate for greens fees there? $600? $700?

Just asking to see how the have's live compared to us have-nots. I doubt that I will ever get a shot at playing it without winning the lottery but I would like to know what I am missing out on.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

ricepig

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 09, 2018, 03:57:26 pm
For those few here who have the money and means to have played Pebble Beach before, (you lucky bastids  >:( ) what is the latest going rate for greens fees there? $600? $700?

Just asking to see how the have's live compared to us have-nots. I doubt that I will ever get a shot at playing it without winning the lottery but I would like to know what I am missing out on.

Around $500 these days, it seems it was around $385ish when I played in 2000. I think you have to stay at the Lodge, or other places these days to book a round more than 2 days out. You can still try one day out and not stay there, but it's not a guarantee. 

majestic

I have a Lindsey membership, so I get to play for free, minus the cart fee, which was $700. It was a nice cart, though.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

GolfNut57

Quote from: majestic on February 09, 2018, 06:04:38 pm
I have a Lindsey membership, so I get to play for free, minus the cart fee, which was $700. It was a nice cart, though.

Cart? I figured you would be required to use a caddy.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

majestic

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 09, 2018, 06:11:24 pm
I had the caddie drive me around in the cart.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

ricepig

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 09, 2018, 06:11:24 pm

Nah, you can use carts, but like most fancy ass places, the want you to use a forecaddie to keep the round under 6 hours, lol. When I played there years ago, I don't think I broke 90, and I was playing well back then.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2018, 05:57:12 pm
Around $500 these days, it seems it was around $385ish when I played in 2000. I think you have to stay at the Lodge, or other places these days to book a round more than 2 days out. You can still try one day out and not stay there, but it's not a guarantee.

It was $425 in 2005, and I got lucky with the "one day before" call.

GolfNut57

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2018, 07:54:39 pm
Nah, you can use carts, but like most fancy ass places, the want you to use a forecaddie to keep the round under 6 hours, lol. When I played there years ago, I don't think I broke 90, and I was playing well back then.

Knowing your ego you probably played it from the tips. So how many balls did you lose into the ocean?

ricepig

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 09, 2018, 09:54:18 pm
Knowing your ego you probably played it from the tips. So how many balls did you lose into the ocean?

Our group played 1 up from the tips, except for a few signature holes, #7, #17, and #18. I think I only got one on the beach, on #10, poor drive. They were holding the U.S. Open there that summer, so the rough's were growing and poor putting led to most of the bogeys.

hawgon

I was there in October.  It was right at $500.  I think it was actually something like $485 or $499.  Spyglass was a hundred dollars cheaper and I think it was $385 maybe.

Anyway, by the time you pay your green fee and tip the caddie, you're looking at $700 to $750.

And, yeah in order to be guaranteed a tee time, you have to stay two nights at the lodge or one of two other spots.  We stayed at the Inn at Spanish Bay and it was first class all the way around.

HognitiveDissonance

$305 when I played there 20 years ago.
Plus caddy fee on top of that.
And yes, the round was 5-6 hours. It was pitch dark on #18.

GolfNut57

How does all of that work in regards to using a Caddy? Do you pay a caddy fee upfront at the pro shop and then tip the caddy on top of that after the round? And what is the general amount you pay in each part? I've never used a caddy so I have no idea how it goes.

I'm betting Dillar Dog is in the know here........

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 10, 2018, 02:28:59 pm
How does all of that work in regards to using a Caddy? Do you pay a caddy fee upfront at the pro shop and then tip the caddy on top of that after the round? And what is the general amount you pay in each part? I've never used a caddy so I have no idea how it goes.

I've had to use a caddy at Pebble, Pinehurst #2, Cascata in Las Vegas, and Shadow Creek in Las Vegas. May be others, but I forget.

My memory isn't so good on the up-front fee, but I definitely remember tipping the caddy each time, after the round. I think the caddy fee is built into the price, but they're definitely expecting a tip afterwards. They're getting some money from both: the shop and your tip.

GolfNut57

Sitting here on a dreary Sat afternoon watching the tourney and I got to wondering.........do the amateur partners play from the same tees as the pros in pro-ams or do they let the pros play first from their tees and then move up to a different set of tees for the amateurs?

Dillar Dog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 10, 2018, 02:28:59 pm

I think they use a service like cmi or something.  Probably party the shop and then tip the caddie.

I'd suggest saving your money and time and playing Pacific grove and bayonet.  You could throw pasatiempo in there too.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 10, 2018, 03:57:02 pm
I think they use a service like cmi or something.  Probably party the shop and then tip the caddie.

I'd suggest saving your money and time and playing Pacific grove and bayonet.  You could throw pasatiempo in there too.

so how much is the usual tip for the caddy post round?

By the time I was to get out to California and play any of those famous courses the greens fees will likely be close to $1000. lol

Dillar Dog

Throw 50 for a forecaddie and 100 for a walking caddie.  They'll be happy.

ricepig

They need to put Clint out to pasture, I'm not sure he knows where he is, these days.

Arky

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 10, 2018, 05:05:21 pm
Throw 50 for a forecaddie and 100 for a walking caddie.  They'll be happy.
my fivesome pays 50 each & talks the caddie into jumping on the the back of the cart.....we move along fast & they always are happy with their tip..

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2018, 05:52:52 pm
They need to put Clint out to pasture, I'm not sure he knows where he is, these days.

He'd still kick your punk azz

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog link=topic=656662.msg11374680#msg11374680  date=1518316309
He'd still kick your punk azz

Say that to his face. Go ahead punk.....make his day.  :)

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 10, 2018, 08:52:41 pm
Say that to his face. Go ahead punk.....make his day.  :)

Ricepig?  He won't do nothing.  He's gotta be nice to me cause he know if he isn't I won't let him and hs family bathe in our pond this summer.

EastexHawg

Every time Mickelson gets in contention someone plays the tournament of his life.  Vaughn Taylor, Stenson, Ted Potter.  He has shot two of the four lowest 72 hole scores in majors history and didn't win either time.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 11, 2018, 05:29:15 pm
Every time Mickelson gets in contention someone plays the tournament of his life.  Vaughn Taylor, Stenson, Ted Potter.  He has shot two of the four lowest 72 hole scores in majors history and didn't win either time.

The old man just can't get it done anymore.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 11, 2018, 07:16:38 am
Ricepig?  He won't do nothing.  He's gotta be nice to me cause he know if he isn't I won't let him and hs family bathe in our pond this summer.

Bathe....swim...it accomplishes the same purpose.

I played Pebble one time and on number 4 I hit a slice out of play. The caddie said "your ball is in a lateral water hazard" which happened to be the Pacific Ocean.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Arky on February 10, 2018, 06:26:10 pm
my fivesome pays 50 each & talks the caddie into jumping on the the back of the cart.....we move along fast & they always are happy with their tip..
that'll get it done right there.  nice tip.