Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sad Sooner Fans

Started by pigbreath, February 25, 2017, 10:23:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 26, 2017, 12:55:48 pm
Barry's QB's would have been packin' heat.

They didn't pack heat one year in Miami. Our D mugged em.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

daBoar

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 26, 2017, 01:22:19 pm
Barry bought the faster one's....................
I'm not sure I agree with that, but I'm confident it happened in Stillwater.

jvanhorn

Quote from: zane on February 26, 2017, 07:31:58 am
Oil and bad state government?

The state government thing is bad since we are working as hard as we can to be just like Oklahoma and Kansas.  Being a billion dollars in debt isn't much of a  way to run a state.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on February 26, 2017, 12:53:47 pm
https://twitter.com/_BlakeEddins/status/835890139654160385

Cause they would have been hopped up on cocaine and packing heat. It would have ended in a shootout.

Birminghog

I truly don't know WTH is going on with Autocorrect. Neither of my last two posts read as I typed them or tried to fix them. I have reported this to the mods. I apologize for any offense caused.  I did not type what you are reading, but I seem unable to fix it.

ricepig

Quote from: Birminghog on February 26, 2017, 05:42:25 pm
I truly don't know WTH is going on with Autocorrect. Neither of my last two posts read as I typed them or tried to fix them. I have reported this to the mods. I apologize for any offense caused.  I did not type what you are reading, but I seem unable to fix it.

My guess is that a certain name is auto corrected to Coach Bielema.

Actually we need the Cop who caught Mayfield as DC year after next.  Rhoads will be worn out by then and besides it takes us that long to make changes what with us needing to be sure anyone leaving has employment before we can his ass.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: daBoar on February 26, 2017, 02:05:21 pm
I'm not sure I agree with that, but I'm confident it happened in Stillwater.

OU had one of the biggest player payrolls in college sports back then.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: zane on February 25, 2017, 10:51:31 am
You ever been to Norman?

Norman is as close to OKC as Fayetteville is to Springdale...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogShat

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 26, 2017, 06:07:36 am
Only two things ever come out of Oklahomo.......................

Only good thing to come out of OK was a highway... Well, and all of my Dad's family! Headed to FB to spread the OK cheer!!  8)

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 27, 2017, 05:52:46 am
OU had one of the biggest player payrolls in college sports back then.

True.  In fact, the NCAA got so mad at OU that they gave SMU the death penalty.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PonderinHog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on February 25, 2017, 11:36:47 pm
So who's the best QB to get arrested on Dickson Street?

A) Matt Jones
B) Baker Mayfield
Ryan Mallett, duh.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 27, 2017, 10:20:22 am

Wait until we hear what happens to San Angelo State over all the feces in Baylor............... They'll have to close the whole school.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 27, 2017, 10:20:22 am

SMU had only a slightly lower payroll............................

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 27, 2017, 11:08:10 am
Wait until we hear what happens to San Angelo State over all the feces in Baylor............... They'll have to close the whole school.

Poor Mary Hardin-Baylor will probably be abused, again.......

woodrow hog call

Quote from: 12247 on February 26, 2017, 06:52:31 pm
Actually we need the Cop who caught Mayfield as DC year after next.  Rhoads will be worn out by then and besides it takes us that long to make changes what with us needing to be sure anyone leaving has employment before we can his ass.

I wish your team had a message board, and you would find it.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Peter Porker

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 25, 2017, 11:56:21 am
He'll pay his fines. He will pay his punishment within the OU program, be enrolled in a counseling program and he will play next season. Not a big enough deal for any program to rid themselves of a player, especially a QB that is going to lead their offense next season. It wouldn't be any different here.

is the punishment a redshirt season or is that just if you break a girl's face in several areas?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on February 27, 2017, 12:19:42 pm
maybe  we should start a traditions of putting their names on the sidewalks of Dickson St

I strongly suspect there were lots of Hogs, including QBs, back in the '60s and '70s that got caught doing things they shouldn't have been doing on Dickson.  The difference is back then the cops would just call a coach and we the public never heard about it. 
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hawganatic

hawganatic

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on February 25, 2017, 02:02:52 pm
Lol...what?
My dad would make the drive to beat me. I would hope my coach would make me remember why I would never do it again. And I would think my teammates would let me know how I really let them down. But I'm old and think old ways.

And that would be a public punishment.....how??

LZH

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on February 27, 2017, 12:35:51 pm
Lol on Petrino's comments.
If you look closely, you can see a mountain behind that molehill.

zane

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 27, 2017, 07:53:26 am
Norman is as close to OKC as Fayetteville is to Springdale...

I live in OKC
RIP LSUfan

hoghiker

Nothing against Fayetteville Police Department but you'd think a D1 level quarterback from Old Pew could maybe outrun  a cop. He must have been blotto.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hoghiker on February 27, 2017, 01:56:40 pm
Nothing against Fayetteville Police Department but you'd think a D1 level quarterback from Old Pew could maybe outrun  a cop. He must have been blotto.

The initial report I read said Mayfield had food all over his bib or something like that.  Made me wonder if maybe he'd upchucked all over himself.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 27, 2017, 02:22:49 pm
The initial report I read said Mayfield had food all over his bib or something like that.  Made me wonder if maybe he'd upchucked all over himself.

https://twitter.com/SportsTalkwBo/status/836310629396930564

PorkSoda

Quote from: hoghiker on February 27, 2017, 01:56:40 pm
cant outrun a radio
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Jackrabbit Hog

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 27, 2017, 12:19:01 pm
is the punishment a redshirt season or is that just if you break a girl's face in several areas?

In all fairness to the kid, there is no comparison to that which you suggest. Not taking up for him at all, he screwed up, but this isn't "Mixon-like" or "Baylor-like" in any contorted or twisted kind of way.
Go Hogs Go!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 27, 2017, 02:52:04 pm
In all fairness to the kid, there is no comparison to that which you suggest. Not taking up for him at all, he screwed up, but this isn't "Mixon-like" or "Baylor-like" in any contorted or twisted kind of way.

Agreed, it's a college kid just being a jack a$$.  Anyone that had any fun at all in college can probably relate, not necessarily to being arrested but for doing stupid stuff you probably shouldn't be doing at a time you shouldn't be doing it.  It's embarrassing for him, funny for opposing fans, but all in all just typical college aged trouble that should not be compared to any of the serious stuff that has gone on.  We have had a few arrested for public intox type stuff since BB has been here, even good kids.   It happens.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hogs958

GolfnHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 27, 2017, 02:22:49 pm

I'm going to say no because the narrative would have made a observation of regurgitated food or vomit and not just food. I could be wrong though. By documenting regurgitated food or vomit you could make an affirmative link to the level of intoxication to go along with the other charges he ended up with. 
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawganatic on February 27, 2017, 12:27:43 pm
And that would be a public punishment.....how??

It's not public but I'd rather had faced a public firing squad than Wilson Mathews on a mission of discipline.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogs958 on February 27, 2017, 03:53:16 pm
Well you're no fun

I didn't say I didn't do it. Maybe I simply didn't get caught.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 27, 2017, 02:52:04 pm

I laugh at how you guys want to laugh off pretty much anything these days. Stoops will make him miss the 5 oclock workouts for a week and no dessert..What a joke OU and OU apologists are.

OklaU

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 27, 2017, 07:53:14 pm

I laugh at how you guys want to laugh off pretty much anything these days. Stoops will make him miss the 5 oclock workouts for a week and no dessert..What a joke OU and OU apologists are.

What would be a fair punishment in this case?
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

PonderinHog

Quote from: OklaU on February 27, 2017, 08:09:34 pm
What would be a fair punishment in this case?
Let that bouncer work him over for about ten more minutes.

Hogs958

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 27, 2017, 07:31:37 pm
I didn't say I didn't do it. Maybe I simply didn't get caught.

you sly boots

Tusks

Don't do the crime if you can't 'out run' the time.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 27, 2017, 07:53:14 pm

Apparently you didn't read the post I was responding to? Yes, Mayfield screwed up royally. Is it on the level of a Mixon-like or Baylor-like offense? No. That shouldn't be all that difficult to comprehend. As I said in an earlier post, Mayfield will probably pay his fines and suffer some level of punishment within the Oklahoma program, be enrolled in a behavior modification course and will still run the offense for OU next season.

Don't kid yourself (while accusing people of being apologists for another program), it would be handled no differently here. This kind of thing probably happens to hundreds of college kids across the country every month of the year, but it isn't "news worthy" because those kids aren't the starting QB of a well known P-5 football program.
Go Hogs Go!

Tejano Jawg

This morning a Dallas radio host—who happens to be a Sooner fan—was bashing Stoops for his recent track record, 5 or 6 significant player "issues" in the past couple years or so. And pointed out how stupid Mayfield was, that had he just chilled and answered the cop's questions, he probably wouldn't have been arrested.

Stoops' "discipline" is laughable. Other than lip service, he pretty much blows everything off. You kinda have to give him credit...he's not pretending, he just clearly and boldly doesn't give a damn. The discussion was what Mayfield's suspension should be. Ohio State is the second game, so there's NO way Stoops will hold him out of that one. The question is the opener vs UTEP. One said it should be the whole game, there other said it might be a half, because Stoops will want him getting some snaps before traveling to the Horseshoe. Any guesses? Any wagers?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on February 28, 2017, 09:26:48 am
This morning a Dallas radio host—who happens to be a Sooner fan—was bashing Stoops for his recent track record, 5 or 6 significant player "issues" in the past couple years or so. And pointed out how stupid Mayfield was, that had he just chilled and answered the cop's questions, he probably wouldn't have been arrested.

Stoops' "discipline" is laughable. Other than lip service, he pretty much blows everything off. You kinda have to give him credit...he's not pretending, he just clearly and boldly doesn't give a damn. The discussion was what Mayfield's suspension should be. Ohio State is the second game, so there's NO way Stoops will hold him out of that one. The question is the opener vs UTEP. One said it should be the whole game, there other said it might be a half, because Stoops will want him getting some snaps before traveling to the Horseshoe. Any guesses? Any wagers?

All of what I mentioned above and part of his punishment will be getting to know every single step of Owen Field/Memorial Stadium very well for an extended period of time. I doubt that he misses a snap from the first kick-off. The statement will be, "His punishment will be handled internally". Honestly, the only reason that this is as big of a deal as it is, is because of who he is and because of any embarrassment that he might have brought the school and the program.
Go Hogs Go!

hawganatic

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 28, 2017, 09:38:53 am
All of what I mentioned above and part of his punishment will be getting to know every single step of Owen Field/Memorial Stadium very well for an extended period of time. I doubt that he misses a snap from the first kick-off. The statement will be, "His punishment will be handled internally". Honestly, the only reason that this is as big of a deal as it is, is because of who he is and because of any embarrassment that he might have brought the school and the program.

This is how it should be handled.  I don't know why everybody wants to blow everything that happens into such a huge deal.  Unless this is a pattern of behavior for him, it should be handled internally without putting the guy on public blast.

And seriously, stop trying to compare what happened over the weekend to Mixon.  The two incidents aren't even close to being in the same ballpark.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawganatic on February 28, 2017, 10:00:33 am
This is how it should be handled.  I don't know why everybody wants to blow everything that happens into such a huge deal.  Unless this is a pattern of behavior for him, it should be handled internally without putting the guy on public blast.

And seriously, stop trying to compare what happened over the weekend to Mixon.  The two incidents aren't even close to being in the same ballpark.

Getting arrested in public makes it a public act. The public has a right to know if anyone getting arrested and convicted has to endure any "punishment" from the judicial system.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 28, 2017, 10:04:46 am
Getting arrested in public makes it a public act. The public has a right to know if anyone getting arrested and convicted has to endure any "punishment" from the judicial system.

No one would care if it wasn't someone that might be considered a public figure. If it were "Joe Schmo", a regular student, everyone would have heard about it, shook their head and uttered "Moron", and just moved on with their lives, not caring whether the kid got probation or whatever. But it is an OU starting QB so everyone is on it like white on rice, when it really isn't that big of a deal. How it will be handled at OU isn't any different than how Bielema would have handled something similar here at Arkansas. I'm just glad it wasn't one of our guys.
Go Hogs Go!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 28, 2017, 10:11:21 am
No one would care if it wasn't someone that might be considered a public figure. If it were "Joe Schmo", a regular student, everyone would have heard about it, shook their head and uttered "Moron", and just moved on with their lives, not caring whether the kid got probation or whatever. But it is an OU starting QB so everyone is on it like white on rice, when it really isn't that big of a deal. How it will be handled at OU isn't any different than how Bielema would have handled something similar here at Arkansas. I'm just glad it wasn't one of our guys.

Agree. Celebrities of any type in the public eye are looked at more closely. It comes with the territory and they know that. Thus maybe they should be a little more careful if they care about getting the wrong publicity. I was simply making the point it is a public record. Any type of discipline from his coaches is not a public record. That being said IF a coach has players getting arrested or into trouble a lot more than other coaches then perhaps there needs to be some form of review of the coaches discipline or lack thereof. THAT should matter. Baylor is a prime example.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 28, 2017, 10:19:18 am
Agree. Celebrities of any type in the public eye are looked at more closely. It comes with the territory and they know that. Thus maybe they should be a little more careful if they care about getting the wrong publicity. I was simply making the point it is a public record. Any type of discipline from his coaches is not a public record. That being said IF a coach has players getting arrested or into trouble a lot more than other coaches then perhaps there needs to be some form of review of the coaches discipline or lack thereof. THAT should matter. Baylor is a prime example.

Well the kid is going to have to go to court so whatever they decide to do to him, is up to them. As for OU and what they do to him, that really isn't any of our business, no matter how lenient or severe. Unless any of us have relatives going to OU, I'm not sure why we should care?

I have a great niece who is on the training staff over there so I hear all about these players at OU and how they act as ordinary people outside of the media spotlight and how the coaching staff handles them. The vast majority of them sound as if they are good kids pursuing their dreams and an education, with some less good, less self-disciplined bad apples mixed in, just like you would find on any team.
Go Hogs Go!