Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Commits (and Frazier)

Started by incHOGnito, February 08, 2013, 03:02:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

incHOGnito

From what I have read Frazier, Jackson and Peavey all have a chance to be 4 stars or greater.  What about Day? 

I know we argue over the importance of stars, but to start the class off with three 4 stars would really get the ball rolling for next year.

Kenny Hawgins

Pretty sure the first three already are rated 4-stars.  From what I've seen, I'd expect for Day to be a 4-star.  The kid looks like he's 20; don't mean that negatively but he's just very developed looking (already 6'2 210 lbs).  I can picture Herbert getting him up over 230.

I'm already pretty excited about next years recruiting class.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

razorhead94

Peavey and Jackson are already 4-stars on Rivals.  Great start for the next class along with Day who hasn't received his rating yet.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

IrishShenanigans69

I'm expecting Ota and the TE (Frause or something like that?) to be high 3-low 4*s by the time signing day 2014 rolls around.

Ty Webb240

Where is Frazier leaning?   I'm sure every program in the country will be recruiting him this year, especially teams that play a 3-4 like Alabama and Georgia. 

6-4 and 320 DT's are hard to find.   He could be five star by the end of the year.     

Tim Harris

Quote from: IrishShenanigans69 on February 08, 2013, 03:37:15 pm
I'm expecting Ota and the TE (Frause or something like that?) to be high 3-low 4*s by the time signing day 2014 rolls around.

Kraus is a 3 star on 247.

HogHomer

Day should be a 4* as he started taking snaps away from Tenpenny during the season but as he committed early I highly doubt recruiting services will do a thorough report on him and he might be stuck as a high 3*.

whosiskid

Quote from: Ty Webb240 on February 08, 2013, 03:44:09 pm
Where is Frazier leaning?   I'm sure every program in the country will be recruiting him this year, especially teams that play a 3-4 like Alabama and Georgia. 

6-4 and 320 DT's are hard to find.   He could be five star by the end of the year.   

His mother posts here pretty often (username: itsamomthing) and she doesn't hide the fact that she is a a big Razorback fan. I love seeing her posts because she really respects her son on the one hand but isn't afraid to express her preference on the other. And it is great to get some behind the scenes insights. She says that Josh is her own guy and makes his mind up slowly and deliberately. But she seems to be mildly optimistic. And the unofficial visit Josh too on campus 2 or 3 weeks ago made a big impression on him. Jackson is trying to talk him into Arkansas.

I don't know if we could say he is an Arkansas lean, but I think that is not too far from the truth. From what I hear (though if Josh's mom sees this thread I'm sure she would be happy to clarify) it sounds like he might be a very tiny Arkansas lean. There is no question that the odds of him becoming a Razorback went up with the hiring of Bielema.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

whosiskid

Quote from: incHOGnito on February 08, 2013, 03:02:46 pm
From what I have read Frazier, Jackson and Peavey all have a chance to be 4 stars or greater.  What about Day? 

I know we argue over the importance of stars, but to start the class off with three 4 stars would really get the ball rolling for next year.

Just to toss in as well, don't forget about Craig Evans. He plays HS ball in Wisconsin, but he was raised in the South, and hates, hates, hates the Wisconsin winters. He is close to Bielema - despite hating Wisconsin winters he committed to Wisconsin, but decommitted when Bielema left - and he might be an Arkansas lean. On the boards I've looked at Evans is ranked just below Frazier but usually above Jackson. And with Chuks Ota (who is more of a traditional nose tackle), there is a chance that we could recruit four DTs.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Bubba's Bruisers

Frazier is why I didn't concern myself with Tenpenny.  Will never get too excited about a RB.  However, if Frazier is wearing Bama garb, or anybody besides Hogs, on NSD next year, someone will have to pull me off the ledge.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

kc_hawg

Okay, let's do this.  Let's go 8-4 next year followed by a bowl victory. Sign a top 5 class.  Go 10-3 the following year finishing ranked in the Top Ten.  Sign the number one recruiting class after that.  And then 14-0 through the playoffs for our first SEC Championship ever and first Nat'l Championship in 50 years.

How does that plan sound?

HogHomer

I think we get a really great class next year but I highly doubt it will be top 5. Top 10 is definitely doable though.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: kc_hawg on February 08, 2013, 04:13:24 pm
Okay, let's do this.  Let's go 8-4 next year followed by a bowl victory. Sign a top 5 class.  Go 10-3 the following year finishing ranked in the Top Ten.  Sign the number one recruiting class after that.  And then 14-0 through the playoffs for our first SEC Championship ever and first Nat'l Championship in 50 years.

Since we are dreaming lets just win the whole thing next year?

Mortgage Hog

speaking of 2014 I was just looking at 2014 commits and our class is better than Bama's right now!  hahahaha!!!   ;)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: kc_hawg on February 08, 2013, 04:13:24 pm

I have a better one: let's just skip the next couple of years and just hop on up to 14-0 with a NC next year. Does that sound even sweeter? :)

kc_hawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 08, 2013, 04:41:15 pm
I have a better one: let's just skip the next couple of years and just hop on up to 14-0 with a NC next year. Does that sound even sweeter? :)

Wait.  Serious question.  Does the playoff system start next year???

HogHomer

Quote from: kc_hawg on February 08, 2013, 06:03:24 pm
2014 Season I believe

ramsandhogs1033

No there is still one more year of the bcs

Vantage 8 dude

I thought that's in '14 or '15? I'm honestly not sure. However, if it does begin this next season just add a couple more "W"s to the total and move on....

kc_hawg

Yeah, one more year.  That will be 8 in a row for the SEC.  There is a real chance of an A&M-Bama rematch, although the voters will probably try to stop it.  Gonna be gross if a one loss A&M team sits while an undefeated Ohio State team gets a shot only to get drummed again by Bama.