Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10th coach?

Started by 1longshot, January 04, 2017, 10:27:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1longshot

This is intended to be an honest question so please just honest non smart-ass answers.
Is the possibility of just adding an assistant a new rules change or have we be intentionally running one man low for some reason?  I'm  a bit confused by this and would appreciate a bit of clarity.

PonderinHog

It's a proposed rule change.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 04, 2017, 10:43:23 am
It's a proposed rule change.

Which will more than likely pass at the NCAA convention this winter/spring.

1longshot

Okay thanks I appreciate the information.   I wonder if coach might choose to keep on field full time numbers about the same and basically just hire a nearly full-time recruiter.

PonderinHog

Or make special teams a dedicated position? 

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 04, 2017, 01:33:22 pm
Or make special teams a dedicated position? 

Nah, hire a guy just to coach the centers.....

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2017, 01:34:39 pm
Nah, hire a guy just to coach the centers.....
That or a QB coach that can racroot?

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 04, 2017, 01:36:45 pm
That or a QB coach that can racroot?

Crutin is the lifeblood of a program.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2017, 01:39:30 pm
We need more "consultants."

ricepig

1longshot

I could see a special teams coordinator and primary recruiter paid handsomely to be on the road most of the time with only a day or two scheduled for him to coach.

ricepig

Quote from: 1longshot on January 04, 2017, 02:07:36 pm
I could see a special teams coordinator and primary recruiter paid handsomely to be on the road most of the time with only a day or two scheduled for him to coach.

There's a NCAA calendar for a reason, assistant coaches are to coach, they can't be on the road just because they want to be.

1longshot

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2017, 02:32:22 pm
There's a NCAA calendar for a reason, assistant coaches are to coach, they can't be on the road just because they want to be.

So other than the dead periods they still couldn't be out recruiting the other times?

ricepig

1longshot

Well alright then despite that information it still might be feasible to hire someone primarily for recruiting especially if upgrades were made elsewhere.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: 1longshot on January 04, 2017, 04:10:26 pm
Well alright then despite that information it still might be feasible to hire someone primarily for recruiting especially if upgrades were made elsewhere.

I believe that's exactly what we need someone who's specialty is the attraction of 5 Star phenoms and slap some ambiguous title to it either on the Offensive or Defensive side of the ball.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2017, 01:39:30 pm

Crutin or Gruden?  They sound so simuler...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 04, 2017, 05:12:23 pm
Crutin or Gruden?  They sound so simuler...

As my learned colleague from Lemoyne-Owen said, "that similar too, but not the same as, how an anus bites off a turd with no teethus".