Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Porkers?

Started by iharfor, January 03, 2017, 06:23:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

iharfor

Just watched the new SEC storied "Before they were Cowboys" and the hogs were mentioned several times as "the porkers". I've never heard that before. Was that a one off type thing or was that a common nickname back then?

EastexHawg

Yes, it was fairly common in the 70s and before.

Hoggish1

CrookedSquealliry

did they speak hoganese?

rljjr

It was used the year the Hogs beat Bama by bunch in 98. Of course it was only in my head.

Porkers Pound Pachyderms 42-6. 

rlamb

During Broyles days, all the time. It was odd, most of the players were in such good shape with seeming 32' waists
ad we were known Nationally as "the quick little hogs". Now we have a real "bunch of real Porkers" that couldn't block
the Brady Bunch!

bollweevil

Common in the 60's. Began to fade in the 70's. Still remember the headline in the Tulsa World after Arkansas beat Texas 27-24 in Fayetteville in '65. The headline in all caps read "SOOOOOIE, PORKERS DID IT"

iharfor

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 03, 2017, 06:54:36 pm
337 posts tells all...

I didn't realize 19,000 posts on hogville was something to put on a resume.  The shame I bring to my family name.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: iharfor on January 04, 2017, 06:48:28 pm
I didn't realize 19,000 posts on hogville was something to put on a resume.  The shame I bring to my family name.

I'm thinking of running for President. My post count qualifies me as much as the soon to be one.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi