Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's the Way We are Getting Beat!

Started by Hawgar The Horrible, January 03, 2017, 02:34:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgar The Horrible

I keep seeing this line of BS multiple times in almost every thread. Sounds reasonable at face value, but this is Hogville. Where hypocrisy knows no bounds like these classics regurgitated over the years...

Close loss to a superior opponent. *There are no moral victories*
Close win vs an inferior opponent. *They handed us that game*
Blowout win vs an inferior team. *Why are we scheduling cupcakes?*
Close loss to an inferior opponent. *Toleeeder!*
Multiple close losses in a season. *That's coaching, not a lack of talent*
Beat ANY superior opponent. *They are down this year*

So you see, on Hogville it's not the manner in which the Razorbacks win or lose. The incessant bitching is a constant.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 03, 2017, 02:34:47 pm
I keep seeing this line of BS multiple times in almost every thread. Sounds reasonable at face value, but this is Hogville. Where hypocrisy knows no bounds like these classics regurgitated over the years...

So you see, on Hogville it's not the manner in which the Razorbacks win or lose. The incessant bitching is a constant.

Extremely shallow post for someone who think he is superior....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

phadedhawg

There's always going to be a contrarian in every thread.  There isn't a collective voice of HV. 

I'm never in a hurry to fire coaches but I have no defense for our last two "efforts".  It's gonna be a bloody offseason around here and it will only get better when we win a game.

Torqued pork

Fans who vent are unique to Arkansas. Nowhere else does this happen.

Biggus Piggus

Ridiculing the unhappy's kinda contrarian right now. And it doesn't make sense. There is a lot of stupid on the board (and even more on other boards). But gawd, if the last two football games didn't bother you, you're not watching.
[CENSORED]!

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 03, 2017, 02:44:20 pm
Ridiculing the unhappy's kinda contrarian right now. And it doesn't make sense. There is a lot of stupid on the board (and even more on other boards). But gawd, if the last two football games didn't bother you, you're not watching.

The last two games were bothersome. The behavior of many on this board has been for a much longer period of time.

hogsanity

They bothered me in that the team I was rooting for lost, but I am not on the staff or the roster, so I can do nothing about it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 03, 2017, 02:49:21 pm
The last two games were bothersome. The behavior of many on this board has been for a much longer period of time.

The whirling off into conspiracy-mongering and "fire everybody" is unpalatable. These people probably criticize the quality of recruiting too. All this. It really helps recruiting. A ton. Helps a lot.
[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 02:49:59 pm
They bothered me in that the team I was rooting for lost, but I am not on the staff or the roster, so I can do nothing about it.

Wait.....what??? We can't do anything about?

Trystran

The job of a coach is to put the talent you have in the best position for them to be successful. We have enough talent to be more successful than we are now, otherwise we wouldn't be winning the first halves that we have. If the coaches fail to do so, it is on them... and if they do that, then chances are even if we had better talent, we would still be putting them in the poor positions we already are.

Trystran

Furthermore... want me to stop bitching? Stop handing wins away. Haven't seen that kind of generosity since Long gave CBB his buyout terms.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 03, 2017, 02:51:02 pm
The whirling off into conspiracy-mongering and "fire everybody" is unpalatable. These people probably criticize the quality of recruiting too. All this. It really helps recruiting. A ton. Helps a lot.

There is no doubt Hog boards are being referenced on SEC Country. I have a feeling your pal, Bolin, is getting a lot of material from the idiots here when stating something is ludicrous.

hogsanity

Quote from: Trystran on January 03, 2017, 02:58:07 pm
We have enough talent to be more successful than we are now,

based on what, recruiting rankings. Based on those our talent is actually over performing slightly.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

phadedhawg

Quote from: Trystran on January 03, 2017, 02:59:24 pm
Furthermore... want me to stop bitching? Stop handing wins away. Haven't seen that kind of generosity since Long gave CBB his buyout terms.

Do you think the next AD will not use buyouts?  Maybe that will be the new trend?  Thoughts?

hogsanity

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 03, 2017, 03:33:04 pm
Do you think the next AD will not use buyouts?  Maybe that will be the new trend?  Thoughts?

Not only will that NOT be the trend, the buyouts just seem to be getting more absurd.

ricepig

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 03, 2017, 03:33:04 pm

Nah, they'll probably start writing themselves 8 figure buyouts, you know, keeping up with the Jones's

Bebop

So, are you okay with how we got beat?

Some of those reasons for losing are more legtitmate than others and are based on the context of the game(s). For example, the multiple losses during the season my be due to poor coaching and a lack of adjusting. People use Toledo as an example and for good reason: we beat them in several statistically categories and lost. Add that to the fact that we are supposed to better and beat non-power 5 teams and we a recipe for complaining. As well, the Toledo game has shown that it wasn't an anomaly under this regime.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Bebop on January 03, 2017, 05:27:20 pm
So, are you okay with how we got beat?

Some of those reasons for losing are more legtitmate than others and are based on the context of the game(s). For example, the multiple losses during the season my be due to poor coaching and a lack of adjusting. People use Toledo as an example and for good reason: we beat them in several statistically categories and lost. Add that to the fact that we are supposed to better and beat non-power 5 teams and we a recipe for complaining. As well, the Toledo game has shown that it wasn't an anomaly under this regime.

You still don't get it. There is MOST DEFINITELY a time to complain. The time is now. But considering the fact NOTHING BUT COMPLAINING has taken place on this board for so long now, I don't want to [CENSORED] hear it.

Too many here couldn't accept members celebrating a victory without interjecting their piss poor attitudes. Now those folks can KMA. I will make it a point to frank up their idiotic circle jerks.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 03, 2017, 05:45:34 pm
You still don't get it. There is MOST DEFINITELY a time to complain. The time is now. But considering the fact NOTHING BUT COMPLAINING has taken place on this board for so long now, I don't want to [CENSORED] hear it.

Too many here couldn't accept members celebrating a victory without interjecting their piss poor attitudes. Now those folks can KMA. I will make it a point to frank up their idiotic circle jerks.

You're losing it.  Maybe you need to take a break like one of your buddies is doing.

acey33

Did you use Google to find this BS?

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 03, 2017, 06:03:20 pm
You're losing it.  Maybe you need to take a break like one of your buddies is doing.

You don't read my posts, remember? But since you have, refute it or stfu.

hogcard1964

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 03, 2017, 06:03:20 pm

Does this mean the "headphone wearing baby" poster has finally been given his due timeout?

jgphillips3

The bitterness comes from having our coach fired (rightly or wrongly) while we were a modern day peak of prominence only to have the new coach have, in his first season, the worst conference record in modern history followed up by inexplicable losses in all three seasons that followed.  There hasn't been anything consistently good to quiet the masses.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 03, 2017, 06:08:38 pm
You don't read my posts, remember? But since you have, refute it or stfu.

Take it easy, Pal......there has always been room on Hogville for all opinions.

BB's record speaks for itself......and it is not good for the future of the program.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 03, 2017, 06:16:14 pm
Take it easy, Pal......there has always been room on Hogville for all opinions.

BB's record speaks for itself......and it is not good for the future of the program.

Did I mention CBB's record? No. I inferred idiots like you couldn't resist copping a squat and shatting on anything positive said on this board, thoughout this season.

How you've become to think that makes you a good Hog fan is beyond me.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 03, 2017, 06:31:40 pm
Did I mention CBB's record? No. I inferred idiots like you couldn't resist copping a squat and shatting on anything positive said on this board, thoughout this season.

How you've become to think that makes you a good Hog fan is beyond me.

I am a Razorback fan. I am not a fan of any one coach or any one AD.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 03, 2017, 06:36:29 pm
I am a Razorback fan. I am not a fan of any one coach or any one AD.

Yet you are an enemy of a coach most of the players love. How thoughtful of you.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 03, 2017, 06:39:42 pm
Yet you are an enemy of a coach most of the players love. How thoughtful of you.

I'm not an enemy of him.  I just think he has been severely negligent in game management, player development, and player motivation....I think you mistake job criticism for hate.....

Maybe BB has hit his ceiling here.  If so, we have 2 options:  Accept this level or demand more.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 03, 2017, 06:43:26 pm
I'm not an enemy of him.  I just think he has been severely negligent in game management, player development, and player motivation....I think you mistake job criticism for hate.....

PLEASE don't make me cut and paste all the historical garbage you've said about CBB. You would look like a bigger ass than usual and I don't have the time.

Trystran

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 03:24:18 pm
based on what, recruiting rankings. Based on those our talent is actually over performing slightly.

Based on the fact that we can get not only leads, but substantial leads in the first halves.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 03, 2017, 06:50:46 pm
PLEASE don't make me cut and paste all the historical garbage you've said about CBB. You would look like a bigger ass than usual and I don't have the time.

So being mildly constructively critical makes me an ass?  So be it....

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 03, 2017, 06:55:30 pm
So being mildly constructively critical makes me an ass?  So be it....

Mildly. LMFAOROTF!!!

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 03, 2017, 06:39:42 pm

Being a "players' coach" doesn't necessarily make one a good or a bad coach.  Just as being someone the players cannot stand isn't good either. 

Your line of reasoning is breaking down.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 03, 2017, 06:43:26 pm

Maybe BB has hit his ceiling here.  If so, we have 2 options:  Accept this level or demand more.

I think many are feeling this way right now.  Most don't actually hate BB.  Its OK to have questions and doubts.  Its ok to be critical.  Sometimes that is what it takes to support the program.  If you think you can't improve, then you are the one that needs to improve the most.  No reason to accept the level of play we had in the 2nd half of the season. 
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

DeltaBoy

We are losing games with large halftime and I am tired of it.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 03, 2017, 07:23:29 pm
We are losing games with large halftime and I am tired of it.

I have not seen a single plausible exclamation for the 2nd half collapses...not one.

RME

Ah yes. The classic bitching about bitching.

But this is Hogville.

hawgmasta

Bebop

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 03, 2017, 05:45:34 pm

Personally, I haven't been on here daily complaining or moaning about Bielema. Yes, when I have spoken, I have been critical but it hasn't been daily. I will say that with the VT loss that I've been more vocal moreso than I have in the past.

I'm glad when we win. I wish, however, we had more of it. Here's the thing: I think most people want Bielema to succeed. With that said, people may want Bielema to succeed but recognize that he hasn't done it to the extent that he should have or to the extent that he needs to do it. I'm one of those people. He keeps proving my doubts right when I want him to prove me wrong.

PonderinHog

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 03, 2017, 07:34:47 pm
I have not seen a single plausible exclamation for the 2nd half collapses...not one.
I've seen a lot of exclamations about the second half collapses, but very few explanations, if any.

Inhogswetrust

My bothering started with the aggies and increased with old barn. It went off the charts with Mizzou and VT.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Biggus Piggus

The part I don't like lately on Hogville is the number of people who have made up their own narratives and are zealously promoting them, hoping people forget the source and treat them as truth. Hogville, we [CENSORED] invented "fake news" years ago.

Watching dim-bulbs try to extrapolate conclusions from too little information should be annoying to anybody.

The most annoying and ridiculous fake-news on Hogville = Some coaches are fat, therefore the whole team's fat/under-trained/unmotivated/whatever stupidity you guys invent.

Whatever happened this season, it had nothing to do with preparation.

Was everybody always pulling the same way? That will affect your motivation.
[CENSORED]!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

+1
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

code red

No.....its the losing.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou