Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday Down South on the Love for Bret Bielema

Started by WilsonHog, January 02, 2017, 09:49:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 03, 2017, 12:30:12 pm
We need a dumbass buyout to stave off the idiocracy.

Keep it up.  You know he won't get it done and it burns you up that some of us were t fooled for the start.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: hawgon on January 03, 2017, 12:36:24 pm
Keep it up.  You know he won't get it done and it burns you up that some of us were t fooled for the start.

I know CBB will get a couple of more innings at bat. And if he slaps one to the fence you're going to lose your mind...DUE to any success he may enjoy.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

hawgon

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 03, 2017, 12:44:05 pm
I know CBB will get a couple of more innings at bat. And if he slaps one to the fence you're going to lose your mind...DUE to any success he may enjoy.

He won't.

hogsanity

You want to know why so many Hog fans love BB - it is because at the height of his success at a major program he CHOSE to leave to come to Arkansas. At the end of a cold dark football season, the Hogs did not have to settle for a up and comer, or a coordinator, or a retread that someone else had just fired. They got a guy who had just won the big10cg for the 3rd year in a row. Also, for the more casual fan, he just looked like some big dude they might want to hang out with for a beer or 6.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: hawgon on January 03, 2017, 12:54:24 pm
He won't.

Maybe. Maybe not. Just amused by your "it burns you up" statement when it is your hair on fire and likely to remain that way for a good while.

hawgon

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 03, 2017, 01:08:40 pm
Maybe. Maybe not. Just amused by your "it burns you up" statement when it is your hair on fire and likely to remain that way for a good while.

Nah, I'm right after all.

HF#1

There are a handful reasons why Bielema won't reach the level of success at Arkansas that he promised.

1. Alabama
2. He isn't a top 10 recruiter nor does he have one on staff.
3. He isn't an x and o guy ala Petrino nor does he have one on staff. Enos is good but he isn't in charge.
4. He takes too hard of a line when it comes to questionable recruits. His Twitter policy is absurd. Kids say dumb things all the time.
5. Related to #4, he isn't a risk taker.
6. Nice guys finish last. That goes for any walk of life. You want to be extremely successful, be an [CENSORED]. It works.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: hawgon on January 03, 2017, 01:11:06 pm
Nah, I'm right after all.

Oh, I don't doubt it. I've known lots of people who would rather be right than rich. Never met anyone that hopes their team will lose to prove a point though. Until now.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HF#1 on January 03, 2017, 01:14:02 pm
There are a handful reasons why Bielema won't reach the level of success at Arkansas that he promised.

1. Alabama
2. He isn't a top 10 recruiter nor does he have one on staff. - Subjective.  Can't be proven at Arkansas unfortunately no matter the coach.
3. He isn't an x and o guy ala Petrino nor does he have one on staff. Enos is good but he isn't in charge. He isn't an X and O coach in the sense he is calling the plays on either side. 
4. He takes too hard of a line when it comes to questionable recruits. His Twitter policy is absurd. Kids say dumb things all the time. Not if his goal to have player retention so as we can develop players since we aren't getting many Agims ready to play immediately
5. Related to #4, he isn't a risk taker. Can't say that about him.  No way in hell.  He risked his career seeking out the Arkansas job.
6. Nice guys finish last. That goes for any walk of life. You want to be extremely successful, be an [CENSORED]. It works. So he is too hard on recruits and his players but is too nice of a guy?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawgon

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 03, 2017, 01:16:36 pm
Oh, I don't doubt it. I've known lots of people who would rather be right than rich. Never met anyone that hopes their team will lose to prove a point though. Until now.

Oh, make no mistake I would rather have had three ten win seasons in a row.  But since that hasn't happened nor will we come anywhere close, I'll find solace where I can.

Hawg Life