Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

25-26 Record

Started by moses_007, January 02, 2017, 12:24:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhogs

Quote from: hog of steele on January 02, 2017, 12:28:25 pm
Good. I don't want him to change. I just want him to continue on the improving path he has already put us on.
The definition of clinically insane right there.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

elksnort

Quote from: lamont7906 on January 02, 2017, 12:54:04 pm
I think it harder to strike it with basketball players specially when you are not in a premier basketball conf. I mean not trying to make excuses but Mike recruit like 3 to 4 players a year maybe? If one fail you are hurting already. Football you get 20-26 players a year every year. You are basically recruiting a whole team yearly.
With red shirting and grey shirting and so on it should  be quicker to turn around the football team. Also the basketball team didn't have a practice facility for his first two or three seasons here. I think Mike may or may not get the axe if he don't make the tournament. Long has already stated winning is not huge on his list and it shows. I think as long as the APR is good seats are getting filled both coaches going to be here as long as they stay around .500 with good APR as long as Long is in charge unless the boosters start to chime in.
This is horrible. It is much much easier to have a great basketball team at Arkansas than a great football team. This state produces enough talent to have a great basketball team if the coach can get them their.

elksnort

majestic

Quote from: Redhogs on January 02, 2017, 02:11:14 pm
The definition of clinically insane right there.
No doubt. "Improving path?" This is one of the weakest teams I can remember. The last two games, coupled with the blowouts, have really made me doubt BB getting it done here. If next year is not significantly better, I'm done with the guy.

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: majestic on January 02, 2017, 02:45:57 pm
No doubt. "Improving path?" This is one of the weakest teams I can remember. The last two games, coupled with the blowouts, have really made me doubt BB getting it done here. If next year is not significantly better, I'm done with the guy.

Might want to buckle up.  Gonna be a bumpy ride.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

WorfHog

This year was a mess. Any talk of improvement is just a joke. One of the softest teams I've ever seen. Meanwhile Wisconsin just keeps getting better without him. Maybe we can do that?

lutherheggs

I say give him 12 years. If he does not have a SEC winning record by then, fire him.

lefty08

Quote from: lutherheggs on January 02, 2017, 02:56:38 pm
I say give him 12 years. If he does not have a SEC winning record by then, fire him.
I'll sign on for that right now
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

hog of steele

Clearly, many of you forget how we had 28 fake punts in CBB's first year because we couldn't move the ball.

We are better than our first team under CBB.

Clearly, many of you forget how we complained about QB play under CBB for 2.5 seasons because our backup situation forced us to play BA when his arm was falling off.

We are better now than our first two years.

KennyForAD

Quote from: hog of steele on January 02, 2017, 03:12:29 pm
Clearly, many of you forget how we had 28 fake punts in CBB's first year because we couldn't move the ball.

Clearly, many of you forget how we complained about QB play under CBB for 2.5 seasons because our backup situation forced us to play BA when his arm was falling off.

Is our Defense?

Bubba's Bruisers

We regressed this year.  The defense has been regressing for a couple years...worse than anything BP fielded.  The OL was a mess.  Some nice play a RB and WR, though.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

hog of steele

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 02, 2017, 03:20:35 pm
We regressed this year.  The defense has been regressing for a couple years...worse than anything BP fielded.  The OL was a mess.  Some nice play a RB and WR, though.

Yep. Some things better. Some things worse. Overall, way better than year one. Overall better than year two. Overall down from year 3. Ups and downs but up overall. Lets see where we go in year 5. It may be best so far. It may be crappy. Who knows.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 02, 2017, 03:20:35 pm

We knew we would take a step back especially with the oline.  No surprise.  How historically bad the defense was is the surprise. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 03:30:15 pm
We knew we would take a step back especially with the oline.  No surprise.  How historically bad the defense was is the surprise. 

I figured we'd stay about even.  Go 7-5 with a bowl win over a middle of the pack program.  Close.

HiggiePiggy

I am happy with it........ GO RAZOR.....
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 02, 2017, 03:45:13 pm
I figured we'd stay about even.  Go 7-5 with a bowl win over a middle of the pack program.  Close.

Same here.  How we got there though was ugly.  Why context always matters.  Something ignored in the OP. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

moses_007

The program became a disaster after Petrino rode that motorcycle into the ditch.  We've never recovered, and I don't see a recovery anytime soon. 

Not only is Bielema below .500 overall, but he's only won 10 SEC games in four years... JUST 10!  That's an average of 2.5 SEC wins per season. 

His SEC record is 10-22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

elksnort

Quote from: moses_007 on January 02, 2017, 09:26:01 pm
The program became a disaster after Petrino rode that motorcycle into the ditch.  We've never recovered, and I don't see a recovery anytime soon. 

Not only is Bielema below .500 overall, but he's only won 10 SEC games in four years... JUST 10!  That's an average of 2.5 SEC wins per season. 

when you put it this way it really does sound kind of ugly

Hog Solo

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2017, 09:30:10 pm
when you put it this way it really does sound kind of ugly

O fer his first year is tough to overcome.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: moses_007 on January 02, 2017, 09:26:01 pm

Dumb. 

rude1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 09:34:47 pm
Dumb. 
Dumb? Stating factual statistical information is dumb? Oh I get it, unless it is supplied with the spin to make it seem like it's not as bad as it really is, then it is dumb.

Hogs958

I can't see him lasting another 7 win season.

Hog Solo

hawgon

.313 conference winning percentage.  He is in enough of a hole that if he stays ten years and has a really nice run, he still probably won't break .500.

Hogs958

Quote from: hawgon on January 02, 2017, 09:38:44 pm
.313 conference winning percentage.  He is in enough of a hole that if he stays ten years and has a really nice run, he still probably won't break .500.

I'd be willing to forgive if he starts having a nice run.

rude1

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 02, 2017, 09:41:01 pm
I'd be willing to forgive if he starts having a nice run.
Don't hold your breath. He is what you have seen, he hasn't been holding anything back. This is who and what he is.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2017, 09:36:54 pm
Dumb? Stating factual statistical information is dumb? Oh I get it, unless it is supplied with the spin to make it seem like it's not as bad as it really is, then it is dumb.

It is stupid and lazy to hold the first season record against him so definitively.  Plenty to be critical about. 

elksnort

It is ok folks when CMA's team lose to the Vols tomorrow at Knoxville, it will take sone of the focus off of the football team.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 02, 2017, 09:38:13 pm
Those are facts.  What you are doing is not.

Facts are last two seasons were worse than they should have been.  Holding season 1 record against him is stupid.   

Hogs958

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2017, 09:42:01 pm
Don't hold your breath. He is what you have seen, he hasn't been holding anything back. This is who and what he is.

Ya I don't see him doing much better. He is who he is like you said.

I'll hope for a miracle. I like the guy. I think he has the right idea, but just doesn't have that X factor that some coaches have.

(notOM)Rebel123

Do you think our backup QB situation is any better now? Thank goodness we didn't have to find out.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hawgon on January 02, 2017, 09:38:44 pm

Which if he would have one for the next 5-6 seasons the early record should be irrelevant as it wouldn't represent what the program would be. 

Don't think he gets there. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 09:43:15 pm
It is stupid and lazy to hold the first season record against him so definitively.  Plenty to be critical about. 

Every season is his.  No coach here has ever gone 0-8. His first year he decided to do a fake punt against Mississippi State that ended up them getting the ball back and scoring before half time.  He has been doing stupid things for awhile that have cost games. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 02, 2017, 09:45:24 pm
Do you think our backup QB situation is any better now? Thank goodness we didn't have to find out.

Better than Derby?   Yes

rude1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 09:43:15 pm
This makes absolutely no sense. You start throwing out losses and excusing them, hell every coach is undefeated. You can rationalize away every loss if you so desire.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 02, 2017, 09:47:41 pm
Every season is his.  No coach here has ever gone 0-8. His first year he decided to do a fake punt against Mississippi State that ended up them getting the ball back and scoring before half time.  He has been doing stupid things for awhile that have cost games.
He took risks that first season like Odom did against us.  Nothing to lose.  Or shouldn't have been. 

Hog Solo

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 09:44:38 pm
Facts are last two seasons were worse than they should have been.  Holding season 1 record against him is stupid.

0-8 in the sec was worst than John l the year before, fact.

farmhawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 03:30:15 pm
NINE RETURNING STARTERS.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2017, 09:47:59 pm
This makes absolutely no sense. You start throwing out losses and excusing them, hell every coach is undefeated. You can rationalize away every loss if you so desire.

Don't exaggerate.  No reason to hold season 1 record against him.   Would have been same for any first year coach in that situation. 

You don't need it to be negative or produce doubt.  Enough has happened since. 

Hogs-n-Roses

Sometimes experiments just don't work. Jeff your big ten do it right experiment has failed miserably. Resign now.We'll accept your apology also!

Atlhogfan1

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 02, 2017, 09:49:25 pm
0-8 in the sec was worst than John l the year before, fact.

Shows where our program was.  Fact. 

Hogs958

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 09:52:59 pm

The cupboard was left pretty dry. It was bad.

rude1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 09:51:14 pm
Don't exaggerate.  No reason to hold season 1 record against him.   Would have been same for any first year coach in that situation. 

You don't need it to be negative or produce doubt.  Enough has happened since. 
You don't want to hold that season against him because it was awful. If it wasn't you would be more than glad to add it. I don't know whether you just want to go against the grain or you have some vested interest in trying to make Bret better than what he is, whatever it is, it is only reflecting poorly on you with the ridiculous stuff you have to throw out there to prop him up.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2017, 09:55:49 pm
You don't want to hold that season against him because it was awful. If it wasn't you would be more than glad to add it. I don't know whether you just want to go against the grain or you have some vested interest in trying to make Bret better than what he is, whatever it is, it is only reflecting poorly on you with the ridiculous stuff you have to throw out there to prop him up.

I don't because it isn't relevant. Not indicative of what our program is or BB is as a coach. 

Where have I propped him up? 

rude1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 09:58:07 pm
I don't because it isn't relevant. Not indicative of what our program is or BB is as a coach. 

Where have I propped him up? 
By throwing out his worse season is an effort to prop him up. He was the coach, there were winnable games that season that he did his usual bang up job of finding ways to lose. He owns that season it is his.

Hogs958

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2017, 09:59:52 pm
By throwing out his worse season is an effort to prop him up. He was the coach, there were winnable games that season that he did his usual bang up job of finding ways to lose. He owns that season it is his.

Man there aren't many coaches, if any, that could have done any better that 1st season. I understand statistics, but the reality is that team was just bad...and it wasn't CBB's fault.

Hog Solo

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 02, 2017, 09:52:59 pm

Fact we were up against Rutgers and Lsu going to the second half but lost both those games.  2013 set the bar of losing in the second half and we've never looked back.

rude1

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 02, 2017, 10:01:41 pm
Man there aren't many coaches, if any, that could have done any better that 1st season. I understand statistics, but the reality is that team was just bad...and it wasn't CBB's fault.
I would argue that Petrinos first team was just as devoid of proven talent.  Your are right though HE couldn't do any better,  it's his nature to give games away that are winnable.

Hog Solo

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 02, 2017, 10:01:54 pm
Fact we were up against Rutgers and Lsu going to the second half but lost both those games.  2013 set the bar of losing in the second half and we've never looked back.

Crap forgot to mention we were also beating miss st 17-10 going into the 4th quarter.